Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lil' Shorty 2013 Mock Offseason 1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Lil' Shorty 2013 Mock Offseason 1.0 Reply with quote

Free Agency

Arrow Key Resigns

Ronde Barber:

- Signs a 1 year deal and retires after the 2013 season. He sees the strong chance of a playoff run this year and wants one more crack at it with plenty still left in the tank.

Michael Bennett:

- Signs a 4 year deal and deserves it. He has been one of our best pass rushers as of late and is only continuing to develop. Considering our pass rush woes he has to be a top priority for us to resign. A rotation of him and Bowers on the left for a full season should do our pass rush some good in 2013.

Mike Williams:

- Signs a 4 year extension. He clearly deserves it after the season he had this year along side Vincent Jackson. Williams is one of the best #2s in the league and deserves more than a contract of a 4th round pick.

Roy Miller:

- Signs a 3 year deal. Is excellent in stopping the run and really came on under Schiano. Miller did great this season and should stay in Tampa considering how important he was in the run defense. Now we just need someone to rotate with him that can rush the passer.

EJ Biggers:

- Signs a 3 year deal. He is a solid backup but we need better starters.

Arrow Let Walk / Restructures

LeGarrette Blount:

- Let him hit the market and decide not to resign him.

Quincy Black:

- Despite the best season of his career he is still a 2 down LB and after his horrible injury his $6 mil. per year salary doesn't fly any more. He gets cut to free up cap space.

Dallas Clark:

- Was great for us this year but we could put part of his salary to a TE that would really help us out. Let him walk.

Jeremy Trueblood:

- He sucks. Why bother?

Dan Orlovsky:

- Freeman needs better competition. Bye bye.

Eric Wright:

- Some might disagree but I saw we keep him to be a nickel back and restructure him down to $4 million per year with 2 years of that guaranteed. I say he takes it because he knows he wont get much more on the open market.

Arrow Key Additions

Here is a classic Lil' Shorty offseason for ya. Cool But in all seriousness I think we make some moves again cuz Dom knows we need to make the playoffs and he wouldn't of freed up money for no reason.

QB - Matt Moore:

- Is not a franchise signal caller but with experience as a teams signal caller he should be able to push Freeman more than Dan the Man.

RB - Felix Jones:

- Though he is small like Martin he would be and ideal COP back to Martin and help bring another dynamic to the offense. Plus, a change of scenery could really do him some good and possibly be all he really needs other than some good Earnest Byner coaching.

TE - Jared Cook:

- Idk whats up with the Martellus Bennett obsession lately but Cook imo is a much better option. He will cost a little bit more but it will pay dividends in the passing game. Is not as good of a blocker as Martellus but wouldnt make passing downs as obvious as Clark.

OT - Somebody that would be reasonably priced and good competition for Dotson.

DT - Glenn Dorsey:

- Would be a great rotation guy with Miller and really help get more of a push on passing downs.

CB - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

- When its all said and done I think we hire the old Arizona DB coach to be our new DB coach and that connection wouldn't hurt this pick up. DRC still has some untapped potential and would be a big time upgrade for our secondary.

2013 NFL Draft

Round 1: Xavier Rhodes - CB - Florida St.

- I personally see Rhodes as the 2nd best CB in this class behind Milliner. Granted, Rhodes is not as technically sound as Milliner, he has a ton of upside and the potential to be the best CB in this class. Possesses great bump and run cover ability and though he is a rather large CB, Rhodes has great body control and ball skills. Milliner and Rhodes are probably the 2 best fits for our defense at CB and with Milliner out of reach, we nab Rhodes.

Round 2: Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia

- Now I know there was another Mock out there that had us grabbing Austin in the 2nd. If he in deed is there, I think its definitely a possibility. Tiquan was decent in the slot this year but showed some alligator arms at times and is better suited for being out wide. With Austin in the slot and VJax and Mike on the outside we would have a pretty nasty WR group. Plus, with the addition of a real TE and a healthy OL and Dougernaut, we have ourselves a top 5 offense on paper.

TRADE: Bucs give up their 3rd and 4th round picks to move back up into the 2nd round.

Round 2b: Khaseem Greene - SLB - Rutgers

- Once again, I dont mean to copy the work of another, but I really like this idea of trading back up to get Greene. I dont know if we will be able to but Dom has no problem being aggressive in the draft. Greene would be a 3 down LB and take Quincy Black's spot right away. After being recruited by Schiano and yet again putting down a phenomenal year, Greene shows that he would be a great addition to our young but talented LB group. Who knows if he lasts until the bottom of the 2nd but crazier things have happened. Last years draft of 3 core players for years to come was great, now lets back it up this year with Rhodes, Austin, and Greene.

Round 5: DJ Swearinger - FS - South Carolina

- His recklessnss could be considered a problem in todays NFL but you cant teach his dedication to the sport and his physicality. Its just something that he was born with and you have to admire his desire to hit an offensive player like a train and play the position the best he can. With that said, he will have to learn how to better wrap up and not always go fro the kill. DJ is also pretty athletic and makes plays on the ball while in the air. He has no regard for his body, he just wants to make the play. Give him a year behind Ronde and we could of very well found our FS of the future. Not sure if he lasts until the 5th but safeties are hard to judge. He could very well go in the tail end of the 4th but for now we got him in round 5.

Round 6: Devin Taylor - DE - South Carolina

- Very tall long armed DE that kind of reminds you of a JPP. That is not to say he will even remotely resemble JPP in the NFL, just to give you an idea of Taylor's build. You wonder if a guy like Clowney made Taylor better than he really was, but regardless, Taylor has a lot of upside and though he is raw, could make for a good 5th DE behind Clayborn, Bennett, Bowers, and Te'o Nesheim.

Round 7: Manase Foketi - OT - West Texas A&M

- With letting Trueblood walk this offseason we now need someone to help push Dotson. Foketi might not even make the team depending on if we add a RT in FA but regardless he could be a camp body that turns out to be much more valuable than a 7th round pick.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madden offseason.

No way we get all those free agents. One team just doesn't get a player in the top 2 of his position in the free agent class, for about 5 players. It just doesn't happen. Also, a couple of those players are drafted about a round lower than they will go (Swearinger, Green).

Plus, you really want to keep Wright? I wouldn't take him for $1 million a year, let alone 4. Get rid of him, he's a bum on his best day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, Rhodes at 13 is a reach. But you see him as the #2 CB, so I'm not going to question you there, that's you're opinion.

The rest of the draft looks good to me, targets each of our needs well.

Love the Matt Moore signing, very underrated QB who could start over a handful of other current starting QB's. Not big on Felix Jones and he'd probably command a fairly hefty salary.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't happen but I LOVE it.

garbage
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
To me, Rhodes at 13 is a reach. But you see him as the #2 CB, so I'm not going to question you there, that's you're opinion.

The rest of the draft looks good to me, targets each of our needs well.

Love the Matt Moore signing, very underrated QB who could start over a handful of other current starting QB's. Not big on Felix Jones and he'd probably command a fairly hefty salary.

Glad you see it the same with Matt Moore. Other than Cook and DRC I really dont see the other FAs demanding really high salaries so thats why I saw we grab at least 5 FAs this offseason. Plus, considering last years FA I definitely see it as possible for us to grab both a top TE and top CB. I could live without Felix Jones though. Just thought Id add someone else in there since Blount is useless now.

And for now yes, DRC would be the #1. In a year or two I think Rhodes would be the #1 in this situation. But for now he needs to clean up a few things first and just get some experience. And I have no problem keeping Wright to be the nickel. The dude did adderall. Its not like he beat a cabby and pistol whipped his sisters boyfriend. Would probably be one of the better nickel backs in the NFL actually.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not buying we get that much in the offseason. Honestly don't get the commotion over DRC. He's overrated soft and inconsistent. Freeman made him much better than he was.

Felix jones could never stay healthy in Dallas.

Draft wise: no way Greene is there late 2nd. Teams are talking late first early 2nd for him.

Swearinger won't be there in the 5th.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swearinger at worse is a 3rd round pick. The first 3 picks are realistic in my book and I think for the most part the FA period is realistic and solid.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably have to knock a few of those free agents off the end product and I don't think Swearinger makes it past the middle of the second round but good job. I also think we do trade up though at some point.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think the FA will happen , but FA is just so hard to predict. Onto the draft

Like the players we add, big fan of Rhodes, Austin, Greene, and Swearinger. would love to have them all.

-do not think we'd take Rhodes at 13, I think we'd trade down
-I'm not in love in trading up with Greene
-Swearinger will be a day 2 pick IMO, one of the best safeties in the draft to, love the swagger he plays with
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you guys are probably right about Swearinger. Realistically he is a 4th or late 3 right now from what I've read. But I think he will rise up draft boards come draft day. Also, I think Rhodes is another guy who rises up boards come draft day. I'd love to drop down and add a 3rd but idk if in the long run Rhodes will last that long in the 1st. However if we did that, everything I had in this draft could stand, except we would have and extra 3rd to draft Swearinger with. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we could get COOK and DORSEY i would be pretty happy, would rather see us trade down from the 13th spot and still pick of Rhodes and get an extra pick
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really like the trade up at all.

For one, i think there is a good chance Greene will be there in the 3rd.

Secondly, i dont even want to draft Greene. He looked pretty bad at the Senior Bowl and he was terrible at shedding blocks. He looks to me like a WLB and we already have one of the top WLB in the league.

I would much rather picks we give up and then draft a player like Gerald Hodges or Kiki Alonso in the 4th.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to draft Greene either I am not impressed with him, I think people just want him cause he's from rutgers or something... Tavon Austin is a big playmaker yes but a big risk because of his size and I don't even know if Freeman could keep up with his speed... So I really hate the draft

But I would love to get Glenn Dorsey

As far as the free agents being "unrealistic" like people are saying, it's really nothing compared to past mocks of Lil shorty's and hey I won't doubt his free agent signings anymore after what happened last offseason Cool
epicMustache

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like this draft if it were to happen. The FA list seems a bit wishful, but anything is possible after last year. If someone were to have predicted our FA signings a year ago in a thread like this, they'd be called crazy.

I don't know if Swearinger will be there in the 5th for us, I think he's probably going to go in the 3rd round. But really good job man.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
I don't want to draft Greene either I am not impressed with him, I think people just want him cause he's from rutgers or something... Tavon Austin is a big playmaker yes but a big risk because of his size and I don't even know if Freeman could keep up with his speed... So I really hate the draft

But I would love to get Glenn Dorsey

As far as the free agents being "unrealistic" like people are saying, it's really nothing compared to past mocks of Lil shorty's and hey I won't doubt his free agent signings anymore after what happened last offseason Cool

Greene put up some great numbers and a solid body of production while at Rutgers. Especially the last two years, but I can see why you dont like him. He would have to add weight and get stronger in the offseason to be a SLB but I definitely dont see that being a problem. I dont think, with added size and strength, that he will have too much trouble shedding blocks at the next level.

And thank you for you kind words about my FA. I remember last year that after we got Jackson and Nicks you said that you would never doubt my free agencies again. Hahaha Laughing While I dont see us getting 2 All Pros like last offseason; Cook, DRC, and Dorsey would be very valuable additions imo that could very well happen.
epicMustache wrote:
I'd really like this draft if it were to happen. The FA list seems a bit wishful, but anything is possible after last year. If someone were to have predicted our FA signings a year ago in a thread like this, they'd be called crazy.

I don't know if Swearinger will be there in the 5th for us, I think he's probably going to go in the 3rd round. But really good job man.

Much appreciated man! I think that if we do indeed draft Rhodes and his stock hasnt risen out of the roof that we could very well drop back a few picks and pick up an extra 3rd for it. Now, having 2 3rds we could use one of those to draft Swearinger at a more reasonable slot for him. Id love to have that dude on this team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: