Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hypo's Senior Bowl Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Hypo's Senior Bowl Mock Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
1 Sharrif Floyd DL UFL
2 Phillip Thomas S Fresno ST
4 Zaviar Gooden LB Mizzou
4 (comp) Gavin Escobar TE San Jose ST
7 Mike Catapano DE Princeton

My dudes Cool King did pretty good too. Got Lester every single time in practice.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Hypo's Senior Bowl Mock Reply with quote

justo wrote:

My dudes Cool King did pretty good too. Got Lester every single time in practice.

That's because Lester is a poor mans Roman Harper.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you think Crist goes undrafted Laughing Not sure who to replace him with though. Doege? Florence? Carder? Probably better off looking at CFL/AFL at that point.[/quote]

Crist was horrible at Notre Dame and then horrible at KU. If Collin Klein goes undrafted, grab him because he can run. Other than that, Sean Renfree would be my pick over Crist. Crist has all the hype all the potential, but Renfree has the success and the drive that Crist never displayed.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Why do you think Crist goes undrafted Laughing Not sure who to replace him with though. Doege? Florence? Carder? Probably better off looking at CFL/AFL at that point.

Crist was horrible at Notre Dame and then horrible at KU. If Collin Klein goes undrafted, grab him because he can run. Other than that, Sean Renfree would be my pick over Crist. Crist has all the hype all the potential, but Renfree has the success and the drive that Crist never displayed.
Klein isn't on my board. I refuse to put him on it because I refuse to see him as any type of option at QB. Project TE maybe, but that lands him on the PS. Renfree it is.
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of this mock at all. I don't get why we would open up holes at MLB and TE... The trade in my opinion just doesn't make sense.

The draft as a 'whole' is mediocre in my opinion. If we were to trade Finley I would imagine we would take one of the best TE's in the draft. The departure of Finley/Jennings means we have to replace their production as well.

All in all, I feel like if this actually happened, the Packers would be taking a step in the wrong direction.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bigby0 wrote:
Not a fan of this mock at all. I don't get why we would open up holes at MLB and TE... The trade in my opinion just doesn't make sense.

The draft as a 'whole' is mediocre in my opinion. If we were to trade Finley I would imagine we would take one of the best TE's in the draft. The departure of Finley/Jennings means we have to replace their production as well.

All in all, I feel like if this actually happened, the Packers would be taking a step in the wrong direction.
The trade is a joke. (Go ahead and reply with "I'll say") People have been eager to tag and trade Jennings, gut half the roster for the sake of cap space or because in the eyes of that individual that player/those players underperformed, or sign/trade for a name player. IMO those things are about as likely as the ridiculous trade I proposed. I just don't see a lot (if any) of those changes happening. There's a reason I bolded what I did.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klein isn't on my board. I refuse to put him on it because I refuse to see him as any type of option at QB. Project TE maybe, but that lands him on the PS. Renfree it is.[/quote]

No Klein? What's your problem with Klein? Just curious.

Anyway, I find it silly that so many people are into the whole tag-n-trade thing. The process is quite rare, especially with the latest CBA. I know people want to get as much as they can for Jennings, but I'd rather keep Jennings and if we can keep him for 8-9 million a year, it's certainly worth the cost. I have faith that we could make better moves to free up some money to resign CMIII and Raji.

The first place to go there is by cutting Slowpoke and his cap killing 7 mil a year. I hate to get on my soapbox again about the guy but he's old, he's slow, he can't tackle, can't play zone, and he commits stupid penalties. The guy had a fluke 2010 season thanks to Nick Collins. Cut him and save some money so we can sign players that actually HELP the team, not hurt the team and keep us from getting a bye week in the playoffs because we lose games due to idiocy...
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Klein isn't on my board. I refuse to put him on it because I refuse to see him as any type of option at QB. Project TE maybe, but that lands him on the PS. Renfree it is.

No Klein? What's your problem with Klein? Just curious.

Anyway, I find it silly that so many people are into the whole tag-n-trade thing. The process is quite rare, especially with the latest CBA. I know people want to get as much as they can for Jennings, but I'd rather keep Jennings and if we can keep him for 8-9 million a year, it's certainly worth the cost. I have faith that we could make better moves to free up some money to resign CMIII and Raji.

The first place to go there is by cutting Tramon Williams and his cap killing 7 mil a year. I hate to get on my soapbox again about the guy but he's old, he's slow, he can't tackle, can't play zone, and he commits stupid penalties. The guy had a fluke 2010 season thanks to Nick Collins. Cut him and save some money so we can sign players that actually HELP the team, not hurt the team and keep us from getting a bye week in the playoffs because we lose games due to idiocy...
He can't throw, he can't aim, and he makes poor decisions when throwing. What's to like? Not even a project because he offers no arm strength/talent.

Projected cap numbers (http://www.spotrac.com/blog/2013-nfl-franchise-tag-numbers/) say I'd rather not take 10 on the chin.

You do realize your pandering to cut Tramon is one of those "this is kinda ridiculous" ideas that made me make that trade right? Your insistence that it was completely his fault at Min is also a bit farfetched, but I digress and we have another thread for that. If Tramon can earn the #3 CB spot, we'll keep him. He can't tackle a lick because of his shoulder trauma, but I believe Palmy already informed you on his grass speed, and Tramon's man cover skills are top notch. Talent is worth keeping, and we can reteach him to tackle. Now if he falls to the #4 spot you may have a case based on price. Somehow I think Tramon can pull at least a 7 in trade value like Asante Samuel (another non tackling CB) did. Either way it's only 2 years left on his contract.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your insistence that it was completely his fault at Min is also a bit farfetched, but I digress and we have another thread for that. If Tramon can earn the #3 CB spot, we'll keep him. He can't tackle a lick because of his shoulder trauma, but I believe Palmy already informed you on his grass speed, and Tramon's man cover skills are top notch. Talent is worth keeping, and we can reteach him to tackle. Now if he falls to the #4 spot you may have a case based on price. Somehow I think Tramon can pull at least a 7 in trade value like Asante Samuel (another non tackling CB) did. Either way it's only 2 years left on his contract.[/quote]

I don't remember palmy talking about grass speed at all. It seems as if a lot of Packer fans make excuses for Slowpoke given his 2010 season where Nick Collins bailed him out and the DPOY was on the other side of the field. You want a guy that can cover and tackle. I don't believe Slowpoke can do either. He's a guy that's only effective when he can mug the receiver while having a ton of help over the top. Look at how many yards he gave up this season and his inability to play zone.

Dude's a one-dimensional player, plain and simple and the tape shows it.

As for Klein, I can see where he could be a project TE given his size. I just thought he would be a good project QB given his experience, maturity, and room for growth. We're not talking Tebow here lol.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Your insistence that it was completely his fault at Min is also a bit farfetched, but I digress and we have another thread for that. If Tramon can earn the #3 CB spot, we'll keep him. He can't tackle a lick because of his shoulder trauma, but I believe Palmy already informed you on his grass speed, and Tramon's man cover skills are top notch. Talent is worth keeping, and we can reteach him to tackle. Now if he falls to the #4 spot you may have a case based on price. Somehow I think Tramon can pull at least a 7 in trade value like Asante Samuel (another non tackling CB) did. Either way it's only 2 years left on his contract.

I don't remember palmy talking about grass speed at all. It seems as if a lot of Packer fans make excuses for Slowpoke given his 2010 season where Nick Collins bailed him out and the DPOY was on the other side of the field. You want a guy that can cover and tackle. I don't believe Slowpoke can do either. He's a guy that's only effective when he can mug the receiver while having a ton of help over the top. Look at how many yards he gave up this season and his inability to play zone.

Dude's a one-dimensional player, plain and simple and the tape shows it.

As for Klein, I can see where he could be a project TE given his size. I just thought he would be a good project QB given his experience, maturity, and room for growth. We're not talking Tebow here lol.
This should help: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=512194&start=30

Agreed and fixable.

Klein would probably be Tebow's backup. That says it all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: