Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gettleman new GM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wild style wrote:
this guy sounds like a clown to me! http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Dave_Gettleman_Its_about_getting_it_right/73418ee2-bb8f-44fa-aabb-c8d66eb820f2

Mr.Richardson walking in with a large sweet tea from Bojangles...classic Laughing

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Zithers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool. can't wait to see if he forces the staff to stop using one of the things that makes our offense (and many others) so explosive.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That absolutely sounds like something I want to hear. We were so much more efficient when we allowed Cam to stay in the pocket and ran traditional run plays. Zone read option is a gimmick and something we should treat as if it was the wildcat, 3-4 plays a game in certain situations to catch the D off guard.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
That absolutely sounds like something I want to hear. We were so much more efficient when we allowed Cam to stay in the pocket and ran traditional run plays. Zone read option is a gimmick and something we should treat as if it was the wildcat, 3-4 plays a game in certain situations to catch the D off guard.

Bingo

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
iknowcool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:

cool. can't wait to see if he forces the staff to stop using one of the things that makes our offense (and many others) so explosive.

He never said stop using it. He said it isn't smart to make a living off of it. Which is basically what has been said here. You can't rely on it to be your entire offense. It should be used but not something you base your entire running game off of like we tried to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was it not a staple in 2011? we ran it a fair amount though obviously we went overboard this year. his comment about "pocket passers" makes me worry that he's going to try and eliminate it completely.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
was it not a staple in 2011? we ran it a fair amount though obviously we went overboard this year. his comment about "pocket passers" makes me worry that he's going to try and eliminate it completely.

In 2011 is was more of a staple and it worked because teams had not seen it at the NFL level, like the wild cat, it died in the 2nd year because teams had tape on it. It could still be ran on occasion, but not something a team should try to scheme their offense around.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theskyisfalling?

CK on the sig
Zithers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gettleman probably had something to do with us hiring al holcomb as LB coach. he's been an assistant in new york for a few years.

apparently we're only offering 1 year deals to coaches which is probably why we missed out on norv, hue, toub, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
What do you mean he's a clown? What do you mean, the way he talks? What? Clown how? I mean, what's so clownish about him?

The guy might have just gotten the job but he was interviewed over a week to weeks before. He said he was not sure of anything and did not want to answer till he was caught up on the situation "i just dont know".

If you are trying to be a gm of a team yea you have a you plans but you better do your homework on the team! You should be able to go in with all guns blazing ask MMMe anything and i would have a firm grasp. He on the other hand sounded like a clown! ooommm i dont know ommm i dont want to answer till i know. F that my answer... Sense my first appointment to meet with the panthers been 100% focused on everything that is panther football. Please ask me anything and i will answer unless it tips the hand of what we are doing with personnel!

Then "no one gave him a chance in the past to even interview" yea thats what i say to new fans lol he is a clown! I would say I have been working to get to this point my whole life. I am all in!!!! This is only going to end one way and that is as a champion!! it's not hard he just sounded like a clown!
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible I was parodying a famous movie scene.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wild style wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
What do you mean he's a clown? What do you mean, the way he talks? What? Clown how? I mean, what's so clownish about him?

The guy might have just gotten the job but he was interviewed over a week to weeks before. He said he was not sure of anything and did not want to answer till he was caught up on the situation "i just dont know".

If you are trying to be a gm of a team yea you have a you plans but you better do your homework on the team! You should be able to go in with all guns blazing ask MMMe anything and i would have a firm grasp. He on the other hand sounded like a clown! ooommm i dont know ommm i dont want to answer till i know. F that my answer... Sense my first appointment to meet with the panthers been 100% focused on everything that is panther football. Please ask me anything and i will answer unless it tips the hand of what we are doing with personnel!

Then "no one gave him a chance in the past to even interview" yea thats what i say to new fans lol he is a clown! I would say I have been working to get to this point my whole life. I am all in!!!! This is only going to end one way and that is as a champion!! it's not hard he just sounded like a clown!

I thought it was pretty obvious Gettlemen was giving them fox speak. Of course he has evaluated the team. He's just not going to say anything until they actually make official moves. This guy is the John Fox of GM's. He will always be annoying and ambiguous in interviews.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wild style wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:

He was being diplomatically ambiguous and evasive. Thats the name of the game in front of the camera. You might think you know how you would conduct yourself in the same situation. But not having been in his position he has been in, with the experience he has, and not having seen the press take whatever it wants and run with it on the level he has, your approach you look pretty naive.

CK on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: