Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Questions about OG Georff Schwartz?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
I think Schwartz could easily be a starting right guard in the NFL for 6-8 more years if he can stay healthy.

He's only 26, 27 before next season.

If Charlie Johnson is the weak link on the Oline, why not try Fusco at LG and Schwartz at RG. Or can Schwartz play LG?

No way. Fusco is a pretty bad pass blocker. I wouldnt mind Schwartz starting but Fusco should be nothing but depth. If we started Schwartz and Fusco, Ponder would be on his back more than his feet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:

No way. Fusco is a pretty bad pass blocker. I wouldnt mind Schwartz starting but Fusco should be nothing but depth. If we started Schwartz and Fusco, Ponder would be on his back more than his feet.

Fusco dramatically improved later in the season. Unless something changes, I wouldn't be surprised to see him fill the starting RG role for the next 5-7 years. Especially if Jeff Davidson sticks around for awhile. He's done wonders for the OL.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
BadgerBoy001

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions about OG Georff Schwartz? Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
How many games did he start?

Is he the Vikings 6th man on the OL?

Do you all expect him to make it to Free Agency?

The reason I ask is from the vikings games i saw this year Schwartz did well.

Also I think he might like to cometo Cleveland to play along sidehisbrother Mitchell.

Thoughts?

I love him. Mostly because PFF does. Here's an article from awhile back.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/08/secret-superstar-geoff-schwartz-carolina-panthers/

Then there's this, note the grade he accumulated, and then how many snaps he played. It's probably safe to say he would have ranked much higher had he played more snaps. Anyone who signs him is getting a steal.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/01/free-agent-offensive-guards/
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
I think Schwartz could easily be a starting right guard in the NFL for 6-8 more years if he can stay healthy.

He's only 26, 27 before next season.

If Charlie Johnson is the weak link on the Oline, why not try Fusco at LG and Schwartz at RG. Or can Schwartz play LG?

Fusco being a bad pass blocker is reason to move him to the left side. Left guards get more help from the center than right guards.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:

Fusco dramatically improved later in the season. Unless something changes, I wouldn't be surprised to see him fill the starting RG role for the next 5-7 years. Especially if Jeff Davidson sticks around for awhile. He's done wonders for the OL.

Is it Davidson or did Matt Kalil do wonders for the OL. 90% of the pressure on Ponder last season came from up the middle. Yes Johnson is bad too, and you cant blame Sullivan. Fusco is not a good pass blocker. Watch the games over and it will show you. I would take Schwartz over Fusco any day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the first one to wonder who Georff is?
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:

Is it Davidson or did Matt Kalil do wonders for the OL. 90% of the pressure on Ponder last season came from up the middle.

It's Jeff Davidson. You're typically going to have more pressure coming up the middle. While the Vikings were sort of middle of the pack in the middle, I'm not hugely concerned about it. It was significantly worse a couple of years ago when Anthony Herrera was the starting RG. Fusco is only 24 years old and has only played for 2 years coming from a D-II school. He's got loads of potential, and as I stated, improved as the season went along.

While I personally like Schwartz, he's not the long-term solution at OG. While he's only 26, he doesn't have anywhere near the upside that Fusco has, and is physically more of a RT than a RG, and unless they change direction and let Loadholt walk, I don't see him starting there.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: