Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 General Discussion

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 7194
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: FFMD 2013 General Discussion Reply with quote

This will be interesting:

FFMD 2013 will be featuring a 90 player roster under the "top-51-contract" cap rule.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=509835&start=300

Provides some nifty opportunities -- but requires some detailed cap checks. Wonder whether the FFMD staff is in a position to monitor 32 team caps ...

Nevertheless - a significant rule change to last year's FFMD - that's why I post it here.
_________________
Be it known that this day, January 4, be known as Reid Friday from now until ... well, as long as it lasts ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 7194
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's about time to think about a trade block.

I'll put in my two cents - and I expect an outcry of disgust.

1. #1 pick - a question of price

2. Tyson Jackson - untradable under his current contract but may be there's a stupid GM out there??Hmm .. not really I guess ... so forget about this one
2. (second try) Matt Cassel - really ... nope ... well if someone wants him ...

I think it might be a good idea to skip #2 and move on ...

3. Tamba Hali - WHAT???? Yes, really. And here's why. Get younger. Save money and cap. Max out the #1 value - some good guys there to replace him. More aggressive RDE? Well, then the ROLB should be able to cover. Of course a question of price ... there should be more than a mid-1st in return ... especially considering that he's got a very reasonable contract after 2013. This trade would probably void any #1 trade consideration.

4. Andy Studebaker - too expensive for what he does for this team. May be of some value for a team with significant LB need. Don't expect more than a 6th (more likely: 7th) for him though.

Anyone else: indispensible - or no trade value
_________________
Be it known that this day, January 4, be known as Reid Friday from now until ... well, as long as it lasts ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
simonwayne


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 14731
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all of those choices. I doubt anyone would trade for Cassel or Jackson, and Jackson did play pretty well last year, we just need to restructure that ridiculous contract.

I think Houston has surpassed Tamba Hali as the best pass rusher on our team so if someone offers us a good deal for Tamba we'd have to consider it.

Some other guys I'd throw into the mix: Steve Breaston, Jonathan Baldwin, and Peyton Hillis.
_________________
Sigbet with El Ramster; OKC wins title = I win. IND wins title = he wins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 7194
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
I agree with all of those choices. I doubt anyone would trade for Cassel or Jackson, and Jackson did play pretty well last year, we just need to restructure that ridiculous contract.

I think Houston has surpassed Tamba Hali as the best pass rusher on our team so if someone offers us a good deal for Tamba we'd have to consider it.

Some other guys I'd throw into the mix: Steve Breaston, Jonathan Baldwin, and Peyton Hillis.


Hillis is an UFA - the other two: would you trade for them?
Toribio/Powe may be options as well .. but value?? Not really.
_________________
Be it known that this day, January 4, be known as Reid Friday from now until ... well, as long as it lasts ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
simonwayne


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 14731
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
I agree with all of those choices. I doubt anyone would trade for Cassel or Jackson, and Jackson did play pretty well last year, we just need to restructure that ridiculous contract.

I think Houston has surpassed Tamba Hali as the best pass rusher on our team so if someone offers us a good deal for Tamba we'd have to consider it.

Some other guys I'd throw into the mix: Steve Breaston, Jonathan Baldwin, and Peyton Hillis.


Hillis is an UFA - the other two: would you trade for them?
Toribio/Powe may be options as well .. but value?? Not really.


Well there could be a team stacked at the CB position looking to upgrade the WR position and swap a cornerback for Baldwin.
_________________
Sigbet with El Ramster; OKC wins title = I win. IND wins title = he wins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 7194
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Well there could be a team stacked at the CB position looking to upgrade the WR position and swap a cornerback for Baldwin.


Good luck .. go searching
_________________
Be it known that this day, January 4, be known as Reid Friday from now until ... well, as long as it lasts ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wiscsports28


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 1748
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the price tag on Jonathan Baldwin?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikek163


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 5524
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith is a guy I wouldn't mind going after.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jeffs66


Joined: 22 Oct 2011
Posts: 26
Location: Columbia, SC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the thread where we will just post general things regarding the FFMD?

Also, I will begin watching film on college OL shortly as I have free time. Simon if you or anyone want to know about someone specific just shoot me a message.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10892
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya'll sheck out my Op-Ed piece in the FFMD Times - http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=512300&start=120
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OILCHIEFS


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 1473
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Ya'll sheck out my Op-Ed piece in the FFMD Times - http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=512300&start=120


Good read bigs! Lots of truth!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group