Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DirtyJersey9er's pre-Super Bowl Mock....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: DirtyJersey9er's pre-Super Bowl Mock.... Reply with quote

Woooooooooooooo Super Bowl! And I have us picking 32nd because not so much I think it's a lock but because I have a good feeling. No trades, first 3 rounds to start since I am behind on my research due to lack of internet for most of the season.

1. Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State- This is a guy I am really high on and the only other guys I am high on for DE or OLB for this pick are gone by now(not saying there is no one for other rounds just this one)
2. Malliciah Goodman, DE, Clemson- I picked him over Hunt because of the two available at this pick he is probably the least projecty of the two.
3a. Sylvester Williams, NT, UNC- As of now he is a 2nd-3rd round guy. This will prob change.
3b. TJ McDonald, S, USC- Too good of value to take here.

Yes I went full defense for this one but this will probably change over the process.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept an eye on Goodman, because he has decent size for the position, but he looked decidedly average. Not impressed whatsoever. I want someone who can push his guy backward, take on double teams and disengage. The two guys I saw at the Senior Bowl with that kind of ability were Datone Jones (already a forum favorite) and Josh Boyd. Powerful and explosive. Goodman, not so much.. in practice, he was easily swallowed up by offensive linemen. And during the game, I didn't even see him.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
I kept an eye on Goodman, because he has decent size for the position, but he looked decidedly average. Not impressed whatsoever. I want someone who can push his guy backward, take on double teams and disengage. The two guys I saw at the Senior Bowl with that kind of ability were Datone Jones (already a forum favorite) and Josh Boyd. Powerful and explosive. Goodman, not so much.. in practice, he was easily swallowed up by offensive linemen. And during the game, I didn't even see him.

Yea I think in the next draft or so my pick is changed to Datone for DE. I want to get a better gauge of where he will be.

rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Yea I think in the next draft or so my pick is changed to Datone for DE. I want to get a better gauge of where he will be.

Jones might be slightly out of reach of our second rounder, at this point. Goodman should be a reach at our second rounder. If you had us picking Goodman with one of the third rounders, I could be hopeful, but there has to be someone better in the second round. I think we should target Datone Jones, and move up to get him. Of course, I will probably have changed my mind on who we should pick, 3 months from now. But with this many pick, we shouldn't have to settle for whoever falls at our pick. Moving upto get who we want/need is a no-brainer.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Jones might be slightly out of reach of our second rounder, at this point. Goodman should be a reach at our second rounder. If you had us picking Goodman with one of the third rounders, I could be hopeful, but there has to be someone better in the second round. I think we should target Datone Jones, and move up to get him. Of course, I will probably have changed my mind on who we should pick, 3 months from now. But with this many pick, we shouldn't have to settle for whoever falls at our pick. Moving upto get who we want/need is a no-brainer.

I kinda also forgot our pick in round 2 is a bit higher than it would be because of Bounty Gate and the Browns expending their 2nd rounder in the supplemental. Also we could always trade up to get Jones.

Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Xavier Rhodes and would be very happy if we drafted him. He's my favorite CB prospect in the draft atm.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
Love Xavier Rhodes and would be very happy if we drafted him. He's my favorite CB prospect in the draft atm.

Might be my only mock thinking we can get him without a trade up. I think he is gonna shoot up after the combine.

big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: DirtyJersey9er's pre-Super Bowl Mock.... Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Woooooooooooooo Super Bowl! And I have us picking 32nd because not so much I think it's a lock but because I have a good feeling. No trades, first 3 rounds to start since I am behind on my research due to lack of internet for most of the season.

1. Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State- This is a guy I am really high on and the only other guys I am high on for DE or OLB for this pick are gone by now(not saying there is no one for other rounds just this one)
2. Malliciah Goodman, DE, Clemson- I picked him over Hunt because of the two available at this pick he is probably the least projecty of the two.
3a. Sylvester Williams, NT, UNC- As of now he is a 2nd-3rd round guy. This will prob change.

Yes I went full defense for this one but this will probably change over the process.

Why don't you do an alternative all-offense one

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: DirtyJersey9er's pre-Super Bowl Mock.... Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

Why don't you do an alternative all-offense one

1. Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
2. Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
3a. Jordan Reed, TE, Florida
3b. Khalid Holmes, C, USC

Mixed bag one:

1. Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU
2. Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
3a. Jordan Reed, TE, Florida
3b. TJ McDonald, S, USC

Cali2Wisco

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I would do it (assume best available player in each slot assuming the value is there)

1. DE / TE
2. DE / TE
3a. RB / CB
3b. RB / CB

Address our two biggest needs in the first two rounds, get quality depth at two positions that we could use depth at in the next two rounds (Frank is getting old, would be nice to get a power back to compliment LaMike - Who knows what is going to happen with Rogers)

kiltman on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: