Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Senior Bowl Week Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior Bowl will hardly ever alter rankings. It may make you go back to film on a guy, but never ever alter rankings based purely on a workout. Tape ALWAYS matters most.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Senior Bowl will hardly ever alter rankings. It may make you go back to film on a guy, but never ever alter rankings based purely on a workout. Tape ALWAYS matters most.

Couldn't agree more. I got these quotes in the last 5 minutes of searching for scout's take on the Senior Bowl.

“To put the game performances in perspective...99% of the scouts left after Wed practice... Wilson/Geno still top 2 QBs.”

“Lmao seeing so many tweets decrying the #SeniorBowl QBs...they had three practices together. Lines havent had time to gel, chem w/ wrs, etc”

“Senior bowl practices and game is about 10% of scouting. If you based everything on this, then your mocks will be wrong”

“This morning they're in shorts, not pads. I'm not even at practice, most scouts left last night as today/tomorrow is of no value.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only saw a few series with Glennon and Jones at QB - and I wasn't impressed with either. Balls flying around like ricochets.
Well, may be the Receivers weren't where they were supposed to be. But that was just ugly to watch. Reminded me of NFL Europe back in the days ... Wink

But from what I read none of the QB had a good day ...
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigs made a comment about Dalton that got me thinking. Is Wilson not a better prospect than Dalton? If he doesn't bust, comes in here gets signed, has a solid HC and good weapons around him doesn't he stand a good chance of being atleast as good as Dalton's rookie year?

Dalton has made the playoffs his first 2 years on a not so spectacular team. I'm positive Wilson has a higher ceiling as well as not having much bust potential. Isn't a QB that has a legit chance of being significantly better than Dalton with little chance of busting worth the #1 pick?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Senior Bowl is important to us, the average fan who can't spend hours on each single person. Same goes for media folks.

I apologize if my past comments are confusing. I'm not saying any professional scout will take much of this week into account. This week is for our benefit. The main thing the pros get out of this is interviews outside of their limited amount after the combine.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
The Senior Bowl is important to us, the average fan who can't spend hours on each single person. Same goes for media folks.

I apologize if my past comments are confusing. I'm not saying any professional scout will take much of this week into account. This week is for our benefit. The main thing the pros get out of this is interviews outside of their limited amount after the combine.

It's ok bigs, we still love ya!

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:

Ok this I 110% agree with lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: