Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First 2013 2 rounder ground pounder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two solid Vikings picks, but I like the LB Greene better in round two.

BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect first round for the Rams, but in the second round, I'd prefer Tony Jefferson

^El Ramster^
diamondcutter27

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Poor KC draft.QB has to be addressed at 1.It's been ignored too long now.go Wilson at 1 then give us either a CB, ILB or WR in the 2nd

for the first time since 2003 Royals baseball is enjoyable

Thanks for ryknowsd for the awesome sig
WhODaT888

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
I'm fine with the Te'o pick now that it does look like he was not a part of it. Of course who knows what more odd details will come out.

Brandon Williams is too high for me in the second. I like him but not there. For me Sylvester Williams would be the better NT there if the Steelers go that way. Eddie Lacy is someone that I would like in the second. The Steelers didn't have a running game last year and Mendenhall looks like he is on the way out. Chase Thomas or a safety would be other options too.

Williams may be a reach right now but as far as NT goes he's is fat and away a better fit than Sylvester Williams. Sylvester first have the size, base nor strength to hold up at a high level in a 4-3 (right now) yet alone a 3-4.

I contemplated giving ou guys Lacy there as well. Will keep in mind next time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shashiaj wrote:
WhODaT888 wrote:
1st round:
12. Miami - WR Cordarrelle Patterson Tennessee

I'm onboard! Sold!

WhODaT888 wrote:
2nd round:
42. Miami - CB Xavier Rhodes Florida State

I'm onboard! Sold again!

WhODaT888 wrote:
54. Miami - DT Sylvester Williams UNC

We're looking for offsensive playmakers (TE or another WR), rushing LB (to help C.Wake) and a potential Jake Long replacement (technically just RT, moving Martin to LT)..
I don't think we go DT here at all.... We're looking playmaker here I believe.... So, I'd think....

Jordan Reed, TE, UF -
We need a TE, eventhough Ireland said Egnew will have a good year 2, I still think we look at TE in the draft and Reed is the best left on the board at this point.

Taylor Lewan, OT, UM -
Since we may lose Jake Long in the offseason, we shuffle J.Martin to LT and look for a replacement. Since you don't have anyone connected to him. We could look at Lewan here too

Corey Lemonier or Anthony Barr(obscure, yes, but helped himself a lot this year and Ireland likes his obscure acorns), OLB?

Maybe Markus Wheaton, WR from Oregon State in the 3rd?
Just some of my thoughts based on your mock.
You run a 4-3 now, right?
And Lewan and Barr are going back to school, that's why they aren't here. No way they would be available there if they did come out. Barr isn't that obscure.
You come across as uninformed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: First 2013 2 rounder ground pounder Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Donut wrote:
WhODaT888 wrote:

29. New England - DE Alex Okafor Texas

New England needs a true pass rushing threat and has for quite some time. Okafor offers versatility but is best suited for a 4 man front. He plays with a relentless motor and has a decent repertoire of pass rush moves. Not the most explosive but he is a hard worker who should fit in well in New England.

61. New England - OLB Chase Thomas Stanford

I hate it for NE. I'm not a big fan of Okafor personally. And Thomas I have no idea where he'd play. We have Mayo Spikes and Hightower. That's the one unit on defense that's good. Laughing
our biggest need is on interior of the DL. We need someone to penetrate from DT next to Wilfork. Ninkovich isn't a big liability and an upgrade could help but UT is bigger. We also need DBs and a WR. If Talib leaves we need a CB. If he doesnt still need a S. Also for offense if Welker leaves, I wouldnt pay him a lot, we need a WR.

Sir i love those picks you have but for the Falcons where as i hate the picks we got Smile

We shouldn't be taking a TE in the 1st round at all hopefully with or without Gonzo retiring. Our offense is strong enough as it sits to grab a mid round TE who truthfully isn't much different than Erztz or Eifert. We could grab Fauria, Escobar etc.... and keep on rolling their all similar medicore TE's this draft.

Where as DE and DT is strong at the top and where we should be looking at for those picks as those 2 positions would help us much more right now. Defense is for sure lacking behind the Offense with or without Gonzo or his replacement.

Noted.

The offense is good enough I see thy but those other mid round tight ends don't combine all TE aspects to be a complete tight end which Tony was while Ertz and Eifert represent that they're not only pass catchers and mismatches but are very adept at blocking which goes a unnoticed by some from Gonzalez(not you, personally) but I understand your point.

Aboushi is definite subject to change. Mostly was there if Baker ends up leaving or if they don't go out and get a high quality tackle. I'll keep all that in mind later on.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'm down for Jones and Vaccaro. Some say Jones has work ethic problems, I feel like those can be overcome in a professional environment but I'd be willing to take the risk on that sort of talent.

Kiltman is the Ill(est) man
WhODaT888

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondcutter27 wrote:
Very Poor KC draft.QB has to be addressed at 1.It's been ignored too long now.go Wilson at 1 then give us either a CB, ILB or WR in the 2nd

?

You received the best player available and possible replacement for Albert AND (arguably a potential top 10 pick) in the 2nd in Nassib.

Logic speaks to if Albert leaves it would be more prudent to draft a blindside replacement THEN a QB and/or have a guy like Flynn, move back up for a guy or wait.

See David Carr.

I understand the QB concern but to call drafting Joeckel AND Nassib "very poor" seems a tad off. Feedback is appreciated but goodness, man, cornerstone LT and best answer at QB you've had since Trent Green is bad?

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jones check out, great Eagles draft.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad Eagles draft, a little different, but Jones and Vaccaro are both awesome prospects if Jones is healthy.

disaacs wrote:
The Eagles are going to implode. Book it.
Shashiaj

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Shashiaj wrote:
WhODaT888 wrote:
1st round:
12. Miami - WR Cordarrelle Patterson Tennessee

I'm onboard! Sold!

WhODaT888 wrote:
2nd round:
42. Miami - CB Xavier Rhodes Florida State

I'm onboard! Sold again!

WhODaT888 wrote:
54. Miami - DT Sylvester Williams UNC

We're looking for offsensive playmakers (TE or another WR), rushing LB (to help C.Wake) and a potential Jake Long replacement (technically just RT, moving Martin to LT)..
I don't think we go DT here at all.... We're looking playmaker here I believe.... So, I'd think....

Jordan Reed, TE, UF -
We need a TE, eventhough Ireland said Egnew will have a good year 2, I still think we look at TE in the draft and Reed is the best left on the board at this point.

Taylor Lewan, OT, UM -
Since we may lose Jake Long in the offseason, we shuffle J.Martin to LT and look for a replacement. Since you don't have anyone connected to him. We could look at Lewan here too

Corey Lemonier or Anthony Barr(obscure, yes, but helped himself a lot this year and Ireland likes his obscure acorns), OLB?

Maybe Markus Wheaton, WR from Oregon State in the 3rd?
Just some of my thoughts based on your mock.
You run a 4-3 now, right?
And Lewan and Barr are going back to school, that's why they aren't here. No way they would be available there if they did come out. Barr isn't that obscure.
You come across as uninformed.

Uninformed? Boy aren't you full or vinegar and water filled in a soft plastic container with an easy spout..

It was based mainly off of what the mock was already. I wasn't being uninformed or a d**k. Apparently you were in your response, tho. You come across as a d0uche. You could've easily just said they were going back to school and stopped there. D0uche..
brett1120

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an Eagles fan, I would be a happy guy for the first two rounds, but I think you missed on a lot of needs/fits in the first round. Werner is a 4-3 End and they are converting to the 3-4 under Horton. The Rams need a OT more than a Guard. The Vikings would be looking for a bigger WR to match opposite of Harvin, Hopkins is very similar to him and I think they would look for more of a compliment. The Ravens will need a LT after the Super Bowl and if one is sitting there, I don't they will pass it up.
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Cooper pick in the 1st but if it went way your mock did give us Flucker in the 2nd. Cooper could be our center, Flucker could be our new rt or play guard if we keep doug free's sorry [inappropriate/removed]

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go Vaccaro over reid, but the 2nd round looks great in the redo.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont like this Chiefs draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: