Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My 1st ever mock draft! 1 round no trades. (edited 1-28)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: My 1st ever mock draft! 1 round no trades. (edited 1-28) Reply with quote

This is my first ever attempt at a mock. Would love feedback from fans of all teams. My team is the cowboys and I would love for us to get warmack, if not him I would like Cooper

1. Chiefs= DE/NT - Star Lotulelei
I don't think the Chiefs reach for a qb that is not worthy of the #1 pick. Instead I think they play it safe and take the bestD tackle in the draft.

2. Jaguars= DE/OLB - Damontre Moore
Jags new GM also plays it smart and does not reach for a qb. Instead they select a pass rusher which they desperately need to improve one of the leagues worst defenses.

3. Raiders= DE/OLB - Bjoern Werner
Raiders need help on the d line and especially pass rush.

4. Eagles= OT - Luke Joeckel
I would imagine this is who the eagles want and they get their man.

5. Lions= CB - DeMarcus Milliner
Lions get a shut down cb and best one in this yrs class with the #5 pick. They could easily draft a pass rusher with this slot but I think they get the cb finally

6. Browns= DE/OLB - Barkevious Mingo
The pass rush run continues. The Browns get some much needed help on the edge. Outside of Sheard they don't have much pass rush. Jarvis Jones could easily be the pick here as well.

7. Cards= DE/OLB - Jarvis Jones
Cards get a Von Miller type of guy who will be a immediate impact player on their defense no matter what scheme they run. Imo he is the best defensive player in the draft but falls a little due to injury concerns

8. Bills= QB - Geno Smith
First qb off the board. I think it's a reach but not too bad. Bills need a qb and imo get the best one in this class.

9. Jets= DE/OLB - Dion Jordan
Jets need a pass rusher bad and Jordan fits the 3-4 perfect. Good value and player they get with the 9th pick.

10. Titans= CB - Johnthan Banks
Titans would love for Millner to fall but if he does not they take the 2nd cb in the class and get Banks. I think he will be a huge help to the Titans secondary.

11. Chargers= OT - Eric Fisher
Chargers need a tackle bad. If Gaither is healthy they could have one of the best book end tackle combos in the league if he is not he can just as easy be their LT for the next 10 yrs. I think Fisher is right there with Joeckel in terms of talent.

12. Dolphins= WR - Cordarrelle Patterson
Miami has the worst wr's in the nfl. They take a super talented but raw wr to grow with Tannehill.

13. Buccaneers= DE - Ezekiel Ansah
If Tampa loses M.Bennet they have to addres DE early in the draft. They take the freakish but raw de who is going to be this yrs workout warrior at the combine. This guy is your typical boom or bust. Bucs take a gamble that he is a boom with the 13th pick.

14. Panthers= DT/NT - Johnathan Hankins
Panthers need a DT in the worst way. They got ran all over all yr long and get a big body to stop the run. No matter who they take it's almost certain to be a dt as this is the part of the draft the value and talent matches up for that position.

15. Saints= LB - Manti Te'o
Saints need help all over the place on defense and take Mr. Catfish.

16. Rams= S - Kenny Vaccaro
The Rams get imo the best safety in this yrs class and could use help in the secondary. Vaccaro will rise up the boards with a good combine

17. Steelers= DE/OLB - Sam Montgomery
Steelers need to find a replacement for the 34 yr old James Harrison. They take Montgomery here to re-vamp their defense.

18. Cowboys= OG - Chance Warmack
Cowboys get their dream, best player available and biggest need. Warmack imo is a top 5 player in this draft and could easily be gone by this pick but I think he falls due to his positional value.

19. Giants= DT - Sheldon Richardson
Giants stick to their usual, draft a d-lineman in the first round. They actually could use a dt with Bernard set to hit free agency and M.Austin has not shown much.

20. Bears= MLB - Alec Ogletree
Urlacher is old, hurt, and not the same player he used to be. Bears need a replacement and sooner rather than later.

21. Bengals= MLB - Kevin Minter
Bengals reach a little here for a MLB because Rey sucks period.

22. Rams= WR - Keenan Allen
Rams add a weapon for Bradford and get a nice wr core with Allen, Amendola, and possibly Quick.

23. Vikings= WR - DeAndre Hopkins
Vikings need weapons period. Outside of A.P and Harvin they have nothing.

24. Colts= NT - Johnathan Jenkins
Colts were terrible against the run in 2012 and need a big run stuffing nt. They get that with 350 lb Jenkins.

25. Seahawks= WR - Tavon Austin
They need some weapons for Wilson. This may be a slight reach but Austin has big upside and could make a immediate impact and also fills the teams only real weak spot, wr

26. Packers= OG/C - Jonathan Cooper
Packers need oline and get a steal imo. Cooper could play anywhere on the interior but I think he finds his home at center for the pack to help protect the franchise, A.Rodgers

27. Texans= WR -Terrance Williams
Texans need WR depth and Andre is starting to age, while he is still good for a few yrs they need to find a guy who could be the #1 in the future. Williams has talent and could have a shot at being that guy. Either way a nice pick to help out M.Schaub

28. Broncos= DT - Kawann Short
Broncos need some help on the interior d-line if they lose Vickerson and Bannan to free agency

29. Patriots= C/OG/OT - Barret Jones
Perfect patriot player. Versatile and the Pats need some help on the o-line to protect the franchise, Brady

30. Falcons= TE - Tyler Eifert
Falcons need a replacement for Tony Gonzales if he retires. Eifert could start right away and be their te of the future.

31. Ravens= S - Matt Elam
Ed Reed will most likely leave to another team and even if he stays Baltimore needs to find a replacement soon.

32. 49ers= DE/DT - Sharrif Floyd
SF wins the SB and picks up a future replacement for Justin Smith and gets a 5 tech DE

Last edited by Justin Hoover82 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:43 am; edited 3 times in total
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: My 1st ever mock draft! 1 round no trades. Reply with quote

Good job overall...

For the Saints however I understand why you went Te'o but it was the wrong pick. In their new 34 scheme, the Saints already have their inside plugger in Lofton and if they did decide to go ILB it would likely be someone more athletic like Alex Ogletree. Based on what you Mock from 15 on down, here is the top 5 prospects the Saints would likley choose from in that scenerio...

1. Kenny Vaccaro SS:
I think the dude is a top 10 pick and if he's there at 15 its a no brainer!

2. Sheldon Richardson DE:
The Saints are set at the starters with Jordan, Bunkley and Hicks but we need one more lineman for the rotation and Richardson would be tough to pass up.

3. Alex Ogletree ILB:
Far more athletic than Manti Te'o who I feel is ungodly overrated!

4. Sam Montgomery OLB:
Montgomery is a local favorite and would give the Saints another athletic outside edge rusher to rotate with Galette and Wilson.

5. Marcus Trufant CB:
The Saints really need another starting quality corner, Trufant is soaring up draft boards and fits the mold of the type of corners they look for.

Hope this helps... WHODAT!

PS: If Warmack slips to 15, we'll gladly trade down with ya! Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
AlexM23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly okay with that Eagles pick however your reasoning makes me think you don't know much about the current state of the team.

Kiltman on the sig
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: My 1st ever mock draft! 1 round no trades. Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Good job overall...

For the Saints however I understand why you went Te'o but it was the wrong pick. In their new 34 scheme, the Saints already have their inside plugger in Lofton and if they did decide to go ILB it would likely be someone more athletic like Alex Ogletree. Based on what you Mock from 15 on down, here is the top 5 prospects the Saints would likley choose from in that scenerio...

1. Kenny Vaccaro SS:
I think the dude is a top 10 pick and if he's there at 15 its a no brainer!

2. Sheldon Richardson DE:
The Saints are set at the starters with Jordan, Bunkley and Hicks but we need one more lineman for the rotation and Richardson would be tough to pass up.

3. Alex Ogletree ILB:
Far more athletic than Manti Te'o who I feel is ungodly overrated!

4. Sam Montgomery OLB:
Montgomery is a local favorite and would give the Saints another athletic outside edge rusher to rotate with Galette and Wilson.

5. Marcus Trufant CB:
The Saints really need another starting quality corner, Trufant is soaring up draft boards and fits the mold of the type of corners they look for.

Hope this helps... WHODAT!

PS: If Warmack slips to 15, we'll gladly trade down with ya! Wink

I thought about giving the saints Varccaro there at 15. I did not realize they were switching to a 3-4. That changes it a little. Mlb is not their top need at all in that case.
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
I'm certainly okay with that Eagles pick however your reasoning makes me think you don't know much about the current state of the team.

Actually I FORGOT about graham. My bad. Still think they could use another one. Can never have enough pass rushers. Since you are a Eagles fan, who do you want at #4? I assume you want the tackle eh?
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good for the bengals. If Ogletree and Minter are both there at #20 when the Bears are OTC, I think we take whoever Chicago doesn't.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rey is gone Burfict will be our MLB. Unless Minter can play SLB, I don't want him.
zelbell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can live with Mingo @6...about worst case scenario though
jerb2011

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst option for the Patriots. DLine, DB, and WR are much bigger needs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Looks good for the bengals. If Ogletree and Minter are both there at #20 when the Bears are OTC, I think we take whoever Chicago doesn't.

Agreed. And the logic is spot on

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I love seeing the uber versatile Barrett Jones on the Pats as a Bama fan, our biggest needs really depend on the FA on our team a la Wes/Talib. WR/CB/S and even a pass rusher is more of a need than OL. Not a bad pick but I just see bigger holes on the squad. Great job overall and you made a bama fan happy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:

Actually I FORGOT about graham. My bad. Still think they could use another one. Can never have enough pass rushers. Since you are a Eagles fan, who do you want at #4? I assume you want the tackle eh?

Ayeeeee, it's cool. You can't really go wrong with any position for us really given the general lack of talent we've got, Werner works fine at 4 because as your said you can never have enough pass-rushers.

Kiltman on the sig
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Vikings pick, WR is a huge need.

The Vikings do have Rudolph though, so they have three weapons potentially on offense.

PurplePeterson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:

The Vikings do have Rudolph though, so they have three weapons potentially on offense.

You forgot Percy Harvin so make that 4
purplegang

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurplePeterson wrote:
The Gnat wrote:

You forgot Percy Harvin so make that 4

Is value really there with Hopkins at #23? Barrett Jones might be the way to in this situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: