Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your Sean Payton: This forum is the WhoDatNation…

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Your Sean Payton: This forum is the WhoDatNation… Reply with quote

1. Announce your choice for our new DC.
2. Explain why he was your choice.
3. Give a mock offseason to show your direction of our defense.

WHODAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Your Sean Payton: This forum is the WhoDatNation… Reply with quote

My choice for new Saints defensive coordinator is…

Jim Tomsula: Defensive line coach, San Francisco 49ers.

Why Jim Tomsula?
In my humble opinion, Jim Tomsula is the best defensive line coach in football bar none! Tomsula is well respected around the NFL as a tough no nonsense players coach who knows how to get the most out of his players. A lot is mentioned about the play of the 49ers back seven but in my opinion it’s Tomsula’s schemes and stunts upfront that allow that defense to work so efficiently (Look how Aldon Smith’s sack totals came to a halt when Justin Smith was out). Outside of Justin Smith, it’s not like Tomsula has had a lot of high round draft picks to work with either. NT Isaac Sopoaga (4th round pick), DE Ray McDonald (3rd round pick) & DE/DT Rickey Jean-Francois (7th round pick) primarily makeup the beef of San Fran’s defensive front. Tomsula is directly responsible for the development and growth of each one of those players. Even Justin Smith was considered a slightly above average player when he was signed away from the Cincinnati Bengals as a free agent but is now regarded as one of the NFL’s most dominate defensive lineman.

In New Orleans, Tomsula would inherit a roster that surprisingly would show a lot of similarities to the one he would be leaving behind. On the defensive line Tomsula would get two very talented defensive ends with unlimited upside in his brand of 34 front in Cameron Jordan and Akiem Hicks. Jordan already would be ahead of the cure by once dominating in the College ranks in a 34 defensive front similar to what Tomsula would install. In Hicks, Tomsula would be getting a big block of rare marble that he would be in charge of carving a masterpiece out of. Hicks has the potential to develop into one of the league’s top defensive lineman under Tonsula’s tutelage. Tomsula would also be very surprised with the potential of players like linebacker Martez Wilson, Curtis Lofton & Malcolm Jenkins in his scheme as well.

Like any coach coming to a new team and installing his type of scheme, I’m sure Tomsula would find that some of the current players don’t fit what he wants’ to do defensively and will likely seek to bring in a few of his own guys. What I love about Tomsula though is that I honestly don’t feel the turnover would be as much with him and that the transition would likely go a lot smoother and quicker than a lot of people think with his hire. While I’m not ready to state that I feel a Jim Tomsula defense would be a top 10 defense in 2013, I do know that we would be much better in the following areas… Tackling, Attacking & Toughness.

That’s why Jim Tomsula!

OFFSEASON

Cuts…
Will Smith, Jonathan Vilma, Sedrick Ellis, Scott Shanle, Will Hearing, Turk McBride, Roman Harper, & Ramon Humber & Tom Johnson.

Restructure’s…
Drew Brees, Jahari Evans, Jabari Greer, Brodrick Bunkley & Pierre Thomas.

Resigning’s…
Jermon Bushrod, Jimmy Graham, Junior Galette, Rafael Bush, Jonathan Casillas & Brian De La Puente.

Free Agent Signings…
49ers ILB Tavares Gooden, 49ers NT/DT Rickey Jean-Francois, & Chargers OLB Shawn Phillips.

NFL DRAFT
-NFL modifies suspended 2nd round selection down to a 5th round pick.
-Saints trade RB Chris Ivory to the Denver Broncos for a 4th round selection.
-Saints trade back 6-8 spots in round 1 and pick up an additional 3rd round pick.

Round 1
Desmond Trufant CB Washington

Trufant made himself a ton of money this week at the Senior bowl as a lot of NFL scouts firmly see him as the drafts 2nd best corner behind Alabama’s Dee Milliner.

Round 2
Matt Elam SS Florida

The talk about Elam being a 1st round pick has died off but he’s still squarely in that 35-45 range. The physical presence of Elam will give Tomsula his version of Donate Whitner in New Orleans.

Round 3
Brandon Williams NT Missouri Southern

Williams is a big physical specimen who projects as a 34 NT in the NFL, he’s very talented and full of potential but he needs some development and would be the perfect understudy to Bunkley in the middle.

Round 3
BW Webb CB William & Mary

The Saints need to revamp this secondary because it and not the front seven will be our weakness in 2013. William & Mary star BW Webb will create some stiff competition for Patrick Robinson for that starting job.

Round 4
Michael Buchanan OLB Illinois

Like Martez Wilson, Michael Buchanan is a freak athlete from Illinois who will convert to a stand up rush linebacker in Tomsula’s defense and provide some much needed depth behind Tez.

Round 4
Tyrann Mathieu CB Louisiana State

Like I said before… it’s the secondary that I feel needs the most influx of talent. Tomsula will get that front seven going but he’ll need better overall talent on the back end. Mathieu’s reward outweighs the risk here and with now 5 solid corners onboard, Mathieu will be allowed the play a joker role in Tomsula’s scheme much like he did at LSU so successfully.

Round 6
Damion Square DE Alabama

This is where Tomsula makes his living, Square is a solid role player in Alabama’s 34 scheme and would add solid depth and experience to our defensive front.

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS 2013 DEFENSIVE DEPTH CHART

RE: Jordan, Square, Walker
NT: Bunkley, Williams
LE: Hicks, Francois, Broughton

OLB: Phillips, Galette
ILB: Lofton, Casillas
ILB: Hawthorne, Gooden
OLB: Wilson, Buchanan

CB: Trufant, White
FS: Jenkins, Quddus
SS: Elam, Bush
CB: Robinson, Webb
NB: Greer, Mathieu

Now you…

jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did we pick a 2nd rounder with your mock? Unless I'm blind... I didn't see it. Please explain.

^NS922 on the sig^
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
How did we pick a 2nd rounder with your mock? Unless I'm blind... I didn't see it. Please explain.

Right underneath "NFL DRAFT"

The note reads, NFL modifies suspended 2nd rounder down to a 5th.

It's just me pondering that we will be rewarded our high draft pick back and surrender a lower one (5th). Sean Payton has been basically fulfilling all the Comish wishes so at the least I'm expecting a little mercy when it comes to that pick.

Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'll play.

DC: 49ers secondary coach Ed Donatell.

I want him. He's a little bit older, but I think he'd be a good addition. He's had DC experience before, but he's run a 4-3 each time. But apart from that, he's the guy you want for DC in my opinion.

In every team he has been in, that team has at the very least had an improved pass D. With the Broncos in 5 years, their pass D ranked top-10 4/5 years. With the Packers, his team lead the NFL in takeaways during his tenure, and in one season led in both sacks and takeaways. With Atlanta, his first season the team lead the league in sacks. He also had another stint in Denver as the Broncs secondary coach and guess what, top-10 in the league in pass D. Then went to the 49ers, and their secondary led the league in takeaways in his first season. He's also had stints with the Jets.

At some point, all this evidence has one thing in common. The coach. His only worry is if he can coach a 3-4, but the rumor is that he went to the jets in 2007 as a special assistant to learn how to work a 3-4. Not only that, but he's been with the 49ers for 2 seasons now. I think he would've picked up a few things.

Cuts:
Will Smith
Jonathan Vilma
Roman Harper
Will Herring

Let go:
Ellis
Henderson
Shanle

Re-Sign:
Bushrod
All RFA's
Graham

Draft:

1.) S Kenny Vaccaro: With the new DC as a guy who can get the best out of your secondary, why wouldn't you give him a safety with this guy's tools? Can play either FS or SS. Can match up with athletic TE's and slot WRs. Is physical and an ace in coverage. Pair him with either IAQ or Jenkins, and watch us tighten up and improve our safety play.

3.) DE/OLB Michael Buchanen: While I'd love Jenkins, I have a feeling he'll be taken in the 2nd. He had an 'OK' year for Illinois, but overall he's got all the tools needed to be a good OLB for us. Athleticism and good pass rush moves. Should be good depth after Martez and Galette.

4.) OT Chris Faulk: Got kind of a raw deal. Had the chance to be among the better OT's this year but got injured. We pick him up and hope he returns to form ad promise.

5.) WR Josh Boyce: A speedster that we add in addition to Morgan.

7.) QB Jordan Rodgers: Aaron's younger brother. He's a little short but he's pretty accurate and pretty athletic. Good guy to learn and develop under Brees.

Free Agency:

OLB Shaun Phillips
TE Jared Cook

UDFA: TE Ben Cotton
UDFA: NT TJ Barnes

QB: Brees/Rodgers/Daniels
RB: PT/Ingram/Sproles/Ivory
FB: Collins
TE: Graham/Cook/Cotton
WR: Colston/Moore/Toon/Morgan/Boyce/Roby
OT: Bushrod/Faulk
OG: Grubbs/Olsen
OC: DLP
OG: Evans
OT: Brown/Jones

DE: Jordan/Walker
NT: Bunkley/Barnes
DT: Hicks/Johnson

OLB: Phillips/Wilson
ILB: Lofton/Chamberlain
ILB: Hawthorne/Casillas
OLB: Galette/Buchanen

CB: Greer/Mack
SS: Vaccaro/Bush
FS: Jenkins/IAQ
CB: Robinson/White/Patrick

K: Hartley
P: Morstead

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first three rounds worm

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: