Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Favorite Play Of The Year Nominations
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Favorite Play Of The Year Nominations Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Some of you may remember a couple of years ago, I ran an 'Elimination' style tournament which culminated in Footballs Future selecting it's consensus 'Favorite Play Of The Year'

For those that don't remember, here's a link

With the season soon to be over, there's not going to me much to talk about on FF, so hopefully, this tournament can provide some discussion, some competition and provide some great memories, and perhaps show us some great plays that we missed too.

Anyway here's whats going to happen.

a) I will create a thread in each of the 32 NFL team's sub-forums, asking them to nominate a consensus 'Favorite Play' from their team.

b) Once I have collated all 32 sub-forums' nominations I will use a list randomizer to determine which teams will face each other in the tournament.

c) I will then create a thread in NFL General for each match-up, where the FF community can determine which play is their favorite until eventually we end up with 2 remaining plays,

OK, so now that's sorted. Let's get down to the fun part, time for the your sub forum to nominate their favorite play of the 2012 NFL season!

There is literally no criteria for selecting a favorite play. It could be an Offensive, Defensive or Special Teams play, the first play of the game, or the last play of the game or anything in between, it could come in a win, a loss (or a tie) it could be a scoring play, or a non scoring play.

You can select literally anything, in the 2010 tournament there was an OG returning a kick-off 70 yards, a Pick-6 by a Defensive End, Touchdown celebrations or trick plays by Punters. Literally anything!

Ah, there is one rule. You must post a video link (preferably to Youtube (those 30 second adverts on NFL.com are annoying after a while) or even better, post a GIF.

So go ahead guys, nominate your favorite play of the year!

I'll be back in a few days to see if you've come to a concensus nomination, if not, I will start a Run-Off thread between the 2 or 3 most popular selections until we have a winner!

Thanks.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No play really stands out for me this year. Last year, we had more out-of-the-ordinary plays, like the Staley first down, a couple of returns for TDs, plenty of INTs, etc. This year, our kick returns sucked, outside of that one 60 yard return by LaMike that didn't even go for a score. We had far fewer turnovers for scores, I don't remember many spectacular big runs. Our play of the year is more likely gonna be from Crabtree, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

The play that stands out the most in my mind right now is a small thing. It was a sack Aldon had against the Dolphins. He completely demolished the LT.

Just nasty.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
No play really stands out for me this year. Last year, we had more out-of-the-ordinary plays, like the Staley first down, a couple of returns for TDs, plenty of INTs, etc. This year, our kick returns sucked, outside of that one 60 yard return by LaMike that didn't even go for a score. We had far fewer turnovers for scores, I don't remember many spectacular big runs. Our play of the year is more likely gonna be from Crabtree, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

The play that stands out the most in my mind right now is a small thing. It was a sack Aldon had against the Dolphins. He completely demolished the LT.

Just nasty.
I second this nomination. I loved that play, at the time it got me out of my chair jumping up and down.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the bad quality, but it is the only video I could find of this play. This though is my absolute favorite play of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0T5DrOfBB8

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
Psychlone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaep's 56 yard scamper against GB stands out the most for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CPVkZwvMWrc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabtree's one handed grab against the Cardinals in week 17. Cant find it tho...
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OLI7m7bmDk

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This play has stood out since it happened i guess its because it was like watching a it all begin... video isn't great. Kaepernick to Crabtree vr Patriots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JsZPZAo7ek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
Sorry for the bad quality, but it is the only video I could find of this play. This though is my absolute favorite play of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0T5DrOfBB8

I came in here to say this so I second this nomination. Akers 63 yarder should be mentioned too

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy Moss's TD against the Cards on MNF.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one probably won't win but I have to say one of my favs of the year:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dashon+goldson+fake+punt&oq=dashon+goldson+fake+punt&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3..0.32655.36967.0.37098.24.8.0.16.16.0.94.591.8.8.0...0.0...1ac.1.MrsdIrPwKMk
neezy007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Just nasty.
I second this nomination. I loved that play, at the time it got me out of my chair jumping up and down.

3rd. It was close between this and the Goldson hit though.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:

That was so, so awesome.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:

That was so, so awesome.

Actually, it really was. Vintage Randy surfaced in that play--his most iconic play since...well, a long time ago!
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2EeJKcOguE

Gore's fumble recovery for a TD against the Pats.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: