Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread - 1st page Updated with current roster.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JWingate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Zapp wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Captain Zapp wrote:
JWingate wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
I take walterfootball with a grain of salt...

This.

Who do you guys trust the most?

Besides FF obviously..

Zapp I trust me. If you want to study film on these guys you can write the hc of a school and request their college film. Some will cooperate and some won't if they don't know who you are. If that isn't your style there are a few scouts that will help point you in the proper direction.

There are also avenues available on the internet that you can watch abbreviated film of prospects.

Oh trust me I already do this. Havent gotten to watch as many players as id like to yet this year but im getting there. I was just wondering what sites people out there like to use, I might be missing out on some good ones.

Draft Breakdown is a very good site for film.

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried looking at draft breakdown and yeah it's good for film but the player rankings and mocks are just a tad crazy Confused

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Kenny Vaccaro, S
2) Zach Ertz, TE
3) Alvin Bailey, OG
4) Jordan Hill, DT
5) Kenjon Barner, RB
6) Brandon Magee, LB

I could totally see our draft being something like this, and not making many people very happy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
1) Kenny Vaccaro, S
2) Zach Ertz, TE
3) Alvin Bailey, OG
4) Jordan Hill, DT
5) Kenjon Barner, RB
6) Brandon Magee, LB

I could totally see our draft being something like this, and not making many people very happy.

yeah I would bee pretty damn pissed if this were to happen. Laughing

- why do you think we would take a TE with our 2nd round pick?
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
1) Kenny Vaccaro, S
2) Zach Ertz, TE
3) Alvin Bailey, OG
4) Jordan Hill, DT
5) Kenjon Barner, RB
6) Brandon Magee, LB

Boyz I truly did LOL. And I agree the gm could do something like that with Ertz.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
If we don't go with two interior o line guys in the top three rounds, I would be pissed. Right now, I'm hoping for something like this;

1) Ezekiel Ansah, DE
2) Travis Frederick, OG
3) Brian Winthers, OG
4) Robert Lester, S
5) Landry Jones, QB
6) Knile Davis, HB

- Haven't been a fan of picking a QB before, but with Jones falling I think he would be a nice pick in the 5th with pretty much all needs covered since he has all the physical tools to succeed.

- Ziggy can be a beast. Love him.

- Travis will be one of the better guards in the league. I really like him.

- Brian Winthers proved that he deserves to be atleast a 3rd rounder. Looks like he will be a solid pro player.

- Robert Lester had a bad senior bowl, and didn't impress at all during the season. I think he will drop because of a strong class, and a lot of safeties coming from smaller teams who has impressed at the east-west schrine game and the senior bowl.

- Knile Davis has the potential to be a really nice HB and we need a backup for Murray.

Really like the chances this draft gives us to improve our needs.

Remove Lester from your list altogether. I am not a fan at all of Holmes. Did you watch Utah vs USC ? If you haven't go watch what Star did to him.

In the 4th, I think Lester offers good value.

- uhm, Holmes? he is not a part of my draft Mensa.. Very Happy
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
1) Kenny Vaccaro, S
2) Zach Ertz, TE
3) Alvin Bailey, OG
4) Jordan Hill, DT
5) Kenjon Barner, RB
6) Brandon Magee, LB

yeah I would bee pretty damn pissed if this were to happen. Laughing

- why do you think we would take a TE with our 2nd round pick?

Losing Phillips. They loved Fleener in the second last year (also a Stanford TE). Ertz is easy to compare to Jason Witten.

He probably won't be available, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Ertz was the pick if still on the board.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
If we don't go with two interior o line guys in the top three rounds, I would be pissed. Right now, I'm hoping for something like this;

1) Ezekiel Ansah, DE
2) Travis Frederick, OG
3) Brian Winthers, OG
4) Robert Lester, S
5) Landry Jones, QB
6) Knile Davis, HB

- Haven't been a fan of picking a QB before, but with Jones falling I think he would be a nice pick in the 5th with pretty much all needs covered since he has all the physical tools to succeed.

- Ziggy can be a beast. Love him.

- Travis will be one of the better guards in the league. I really like him.

- Brian Winthers proved that he deserves to be atleast a 3rd rounder. Looks like he will be a solid pro player.

- Robert Lester had a bad senior bowl, and didn't impress at all during the season. I think he will drop because of a strong class, and a lot of safeties coming from smaller teams who has impressed at the east-west schrine game and the senior bowl.

- Knile Davis has the potential to be a really nice HB and we need a backup for Murray.

Really like the chances this draft gives us to improve our needs.

Remove Lester from your list altogether. I am not a fan at all of Holmes. Did you watch Utah vs USC ? If you haven't go watch what Star did to him.

In the 4th, I think Lester offers good value.

- uhm, Holmes? he is not a part of my draft Mensa.. Very Happy

LOL. My bad DK. I was also responding to sandyf.....sorry for the mess up

#8 Star Lotulelei DT Utah - the 3-tech beast we need
#47 Kyle Long RT Oregon - should be the best at RT for us
#71 Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M - he and Wilber could man the SAM position
#111 Khaled Holmes C USC - should take over from the wannabes
#144 Keith Plough ILB/OLB Howard - can play all 3 Tampa 2 positions
#175 Stephan Taylor RB Stanford - tough, reliable, good receiver
#201 Michael Williams TE Alabama - good hands, great blocker
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
1) Kenny Vaccaro, S
2) Zach Ertz, TE
3) Alvin Bailey, OG
4) Jordan Hill, DT
5) Kenjon Barner, RB
6) Brandon Magee, LB

And drafts like this (and 2012's) are why we remain an 8-8 team. There is no way this team can appreciably improve with a draft like this because it, yet again, ignores the key positions which win games and focuses on fluff.

I've said for years that a DB will not make a d-line better, so there is no reason whatsoever to continue to follow that philosophy when we know that it doesn't work. And why draft a TE in the 2nd?

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
1) Kenny Vaccaro, S
2) Zach Ertz, TE
3) Alvin Bailey, OG
4) Jordan Hill, DT
5) Kenjon Barner, RB
6) Brandon Magee, LB

And drafts like this (and 2012's) are why we remain an 8-8 team. There is no way this team can appreciably improve with a draft like this because it, yet again, ignores the key positions which win games and focuses on fluff.

I've said for years that a DB will not make a d-line better, so there is no reason whatsoever to continue to follow that philosophy when we know that it doesn't work. And why draft a TE in the 2nd?

I'm not saying this is what I want. I'm just saying I could see a situation where we end up with something like this.

IMO, the reason we are an 8-8 team has more to do with us not following our board than it does "focusing on fluff". 2009 would look a lot better had we stuck with our board and drafted McCoy.

I have said again, and again, that I want a lineman in this draft. But in a situation where Warmack, Cooper, Richardson, Floyd, and Fisher are gone, I could give them the benefit of the doubt if they determined a guy like Vaccaro was the best player on the board.

If it comes down to choosing between drafting BPA or forcing the issue on the trenches, I'd choose BPA.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
1) Kenny Vaccaro, S
2) Zach Ertz, TE
3) Alvin Bailey, OG
4) Jordan Hill, DT
5) Kenjon Barner, RB
6) Brandon Magee, LB

I completely agree with this. But I do wonder why Spencer all of a sudden had an extra split second to bring the QB down after we acquired two lockdown corners. Maybe just a coincidence, but food for thought.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
1) Kenny Vaccaro, S
2) Zach Ertz, TE
3) Alvin Bailey, OG
4) Jordan Hill, DT
5) Kenjon Barner, RB
6) Brandon Magee, LB

I'm not saying this is what I want. I'm just saying I could see a situation where we end up with something like this.

Oh, I know. I wasn't stating my opinion as criticism of you, NYFDB, so I apologize if it came across that way. I was merely pointing out that draft "strategies" like that are exactly why we're an irrelevant franchise that can't progress forward.

Quote:
IMO, the reason we are an 8-8 team has more to do with us not following our board than it does "focusing on fluff". 2009 would look a lot better had we stuck with our board and drafted McCoy.

2009 was a "[inappropriate/removed] down your leg" draft because Jerry lost all sense of control once Seattle traded up and drafted Unger. We clearly had no strategy other than wanting to draft special teamers and backups. The same can be said about 2012. We had no interest in looking for starters at the important positions on the team. Rather, Jerry's love affair and obsession with CBs prompted him to make a very stupid decision and waste a 2nd round pick to trade up for a CB.

Quote:
I have said again, and again, that I want a lineman in this draft. But in a situation where Warmack, Cooper, Richardson, Floyd, and Fisher are gone, I could give them the benefit of the doubt if they determined a guy like Vaccaro was the best player on the board.

I would look to trade out of the 1st round if that happens. No Safety is worth a 1st round pick in this draft, and there are a ton of quality Safeties who can be taken later. It would be to our greater benefit to try to gain an additional 1st in 2014 to pursue JaDeveon Clowney. He'd pay much greater dividends than any Safety in this draft, and I'd be more than willing to take the steps necessary to increase our chances at getting him.

Quote:
If it comes down to choosing between drafting BPA or forcing the issue on the trenches, I'd choose BPA.

I'd choose "trade out of the 1st round and get more picks to go after Clowney in 2014".

Northland wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

Quote:

I'd choose "trade out of the 1st round and get more picks to go after Clowney in 2014".

That means finding someone willing to trade. I'd be all for getting a future 1st... but someone has to give that up.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Quote:

That means finding someone willing to trade. I'd be all for getting a future 1st... but someone has to give that up.

Very true.

Northland wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign Melton

1) Warmack
2) Cyprien
3) Barrett Jones
4) Jordan Hill

Could get pretty pumped about that offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 52 of 58

Jump to: