Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 13: Packers War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should probably cut
Y7
Q13
Q17
Q22
Q25
Y41
Y25
Y34
Y37
Q39

Try to restructure
Q7
Q18

And I think we can trade
Q15
Y20
Y50

Wouldn't be bad. If all that stuff goes through we have plenty of space to resign our guys (maybe not Jennings) and DPs.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me links please.

Wink
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut:
Y50
Y25
Y37
Q39
Q13
Q25
Q7
(some of these are practice squad/roster fillers so take that as you may).

Trade:
Q29

I think we could get something for Q29 (midround) with the hope that Q21 steps up and replaces him as the #2. I don't see why it's worth it to have that contract laying around. But then again, we could be one injury away from being screwed.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
I think we could get something for Q29 (midround) with the hope that Q21 steps up and replaces him as the #2. I don't see why it's worth it to have that contract laying around. But then again, we could be one injury away from being screwed.
IMO the injury just lingered a little longer. Hopefully he bounces back next year. We'd have around 1 1/4 M this year alone in dead money if we cut him. Not including the prorated dead money in the future.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
We should probably cut
Y7
Q13
Q17
Q22
Q25
Y41
Y25
Y34
Y37
Q39

Try to restructure
Q7
Q18

And I think we can trade
Q15
Y20
Y50

Wouldn't be bad. If all that stuff goes through we have plenty of space to resign our guys (maybe not Jennings) and DPs.

I agree with all those cuts... does anybody object to cutting any of them? Only one I could see that maybe we should hang onto until we've clearly upgraded the position is Q17...

What's everyones opinion on shopping Q7, Y21, Q29 and Q31? Some of those guys I definitely think we could get some good for value for... and what kind of value should we be searching for on them...

imo

Q7 = late 3rd/early 4th
Y21 = mid 3rd
Q31 = early 4th
Q29 = mid 2nd/late 2nd

Since we get two re-structures I think the main focuses should definitely be on Q7 (should we fail to trade him; or re-structure him then deal if nobody wants to bite at that money) and Q18...

I doubt we get solid value for Q15... If we could get anything similar to where we drafted him I'd like to move him.

I'd also be up for moving Y20 and Y50 should the price be right...
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Cut:
Y50
Y25
Y37
Q39
Q13
Q25
Q7
(some of these are practice squad/roster fillers so take that as you may).

Trade:
Q29

We could probably get SOMETHING for Y50...

As for Q7 should nothing happen in trade talks and re-structure fails, then I think we should cut him... I'm pretty sure on a re-structured deal though, we could get something...

And yea I'm definitely on board for dealing Q29. Should we not get anything more than a high second/very early 3rd I think we should keep him.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
justo wrote:
We should probably cut
Y7
Q13
Q17
Q22
Q25
Y41
Y25
Y34
Y37
Q39

Try to restructure
Q7
Q18

And I think we can trade
Q15
Y20
Y50

I agree with all those cuts... does anybody object to cutting any of them? Only one I could see that maybe we should hang onto until we've clearly upgraded the position is Q17...

What's everyones opinion on shopping Q7, Y21, Q29 and Q31? Some of those guys I definitely think we could get some good for value for... and what kind of value should we be searching for on them...

imo

Q7 = late 3rd/early 4th
Y21 = mid 3rd
Q31 = early 4th
Q29 = mid 2nd/late 2nd

Since we get two re-structures I think the main focuses should definitely be on Q7 (should we fail to trade him; or re-structure him then deal if nobody wants to bite at that money) and Q18...

I doubt we get solid value for Q15... If we could get anything similar to where we drafted him I'd like to move him.

Q7: Big contract/age but I would prefer that over a straight up release.
Y21: I'd say a third is plausible, otherwise couple him with a fourth and move up into the early second and I'd be down.
Q31: Keep him. I don't trust anyone right now to adequately replace him. He doesn't offer much in you know what but he's damn good at what he does well and that's invaluable right now.
Q29: A second and I'd be ecstatic. Good value for both teams depending on his fit.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
justo wrote:
We should probably cut
Y7
Q13
Q17
Q22
Q25
Y41
Y25
Y34
Y37
Q39

Try to restructure
Q7
Q18

And I think we can trade
Q15
Y20
Y50

imo

Q7 = late 3rd/early 4th
Y21 = mid 3rd
Q31 = early 4th
Q29 = mid 2nd/late 2nd

Really, Q17? I don't even really see that position as a need TBH. Either way. I guess it doesn't hurt. Only problem is we resign players and go through FA before the draft. We would have to be in a comfortable spot to move Q7. The depth up top at P on our team is shaaaaallow. If we parlay that pick to moving up in the first for a guy like P9 I could seeing it work. Idk. I know he's worth a lot but I'd rather take a swing at restructure first. I think we can extend Y21 and prorate the extra money he made this year. Would make this coming year's contract much smaller but keep him on the team. Maybe like a three year deal? If we get rid of Q31 we might be in trouble. No rotational depth with Q30. Q34 is coming off surgery. Q33 is a below average starter IMO. Already said what I thought about Q29. I don't think we can really make splashy trades TBH. I could be wrong. Put out feelers? I feel you on the restructures.

Y20 Y50:
So Y20 did a lot of the same stuff Y50 does. Problem is that a current RFA of ours and Y29 really started to pick it up as the season went on. Y20 doesn't make it to the active roster anymore. Y50 is just over paid. Honestly if we get 5th/6th for them I would be happy. I think we can replace Y50 with Q3 (prospect, not our player) and we should have plenty of room to do it with a 5th.
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Please allow me to introduce myself (Iím a man of wealth and taste). Iím your divisional liaison for FFMD this year.

What on earth is that you may ask? Well, to quote our glorious leader:

Estonianzulu wrote:
If a player has an issue (With a GM, staff member, mod or mod decision or punishment) they will contact the liaison for their division.

So if somethingís going wrong Ė from a GM not being inclusive, to a rival GM spamming their trade block, or a rules violation/penalty is disputed , shoot me a PM (for our newer members, thatís a private message Ė found at the top of the page when youíre logged in to the forum). Iíll get back to you within 12 hours, normally much sooner.

Otherwise, good luck with the game and have fun!
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Really, Q17? I don't even really see that position as a need TBH. Either way. I guess it doesn't hurt. Only problem is we resign players and go through FA before the draft. We would have to be in a comfortable spot to move Q7. The depth up top at P on our team is shaaaaallow. If we parlay that pick to moving up in the first for a guy like P9 I could seeing it work. Idk. I know he's worth a lot but I'd rather take a swing at restructure first. I think we can extend Y21 and prorate the extra money he made this year. Would make this coming year's contract much smaller but keep him on the team. Maybe like a three year deal? If we get rid of Q31 we might be in trouble. No rotational depth with Q30. Q34 is coming off surgery. Q33 is a below average starter IMO. Already said what I thought about Q29. I don't think we can really make splashy trades TBH. I could be wrong. Put out feelers? I feel you on the restructures.

Y20 Y50:
So Y20 did a lot of the same stuff Y50 does. Problem is that a current RFA of ours and Y29 really started to pick it up as the season went on. Y20 doesn't make it to the active roster anymore. Y50 is just over paid. Honestly if we get 5th/6th for them I would be happy. I think we can replace Y50 with Q3 (prospect, not our player) and we should have plenty of room to do it with a 5th.

I don't know, but I thought Q17 was a special teamer... I think we should cut him, I was more just saying he's the only one that I would even question cutting. By the time we're done with the mock, I don't think we'll have room.

Q7 has to have something done with him obviously. If we can get late/mid 3rd round value out of him (I've gotten quite a bit more in GM Mocks this year) then we should move him. Hopefully we can get solid value without having to use one of our re-structures on him.

Yea if can do that for Y21, I think we should keep him. But I still think we should actively shop him, some teams may be willing to give up quite a bit.

Moving Q31, would be strictly a financial thing depending on what may happen in FA/trades. I doubt we move him, but no sense in not seeing what we can get for him.

I'm not trying to completely revamp the team or anything, but we should most definitely put all these guys out there just to keep our options open.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
justo wrote:

Y20 Y50:

I don't know, but I thought Q17 was a special teamer... I think we should cut him, I was more just saying he's the only one that I would even question cutting. By the time we're done with the mock, I don't think we'll have room.

Q7 has to have something done with him obviously. If we can get late/mid 3rd round value out of him (I've gotten quite a bit more in GM Mocks this year) then we should move him. Hopefully we can get solid value without having to use one of our re-structures on him.

Yea if can do that for Y21, I think we should keep him. But I still think we should actively shop him, some teams may be willing to give up quite a bit.

Moving Q31, would be strictly a financial thing depending on what may happen in FA/trades. I doubt we move him, but no sense in not seeing what we can get for him.

I'm not trying to completely revamp the team or anything, but we should most definitely put all these guys out there just to keep our options open.
I thought you meant keep 17. My bad. I agree with you. Seems like we are all on the same page. Just need things to shake out. I feel like if we put trade blocks as our sigs we would be spamming less, right? I could do that when it comes to it. People who are scrolling through any thread with our posts on it will see our trade blocks. More exposure=more conversation=more PMs=more possible deals=more actual deals, right?
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
justo wrote:

Y20 Y50:

I thought you meant keep 17. My bad. I agree with you. Seems like we are all on the same page. Just need things to shake out. I feel like if we put trade blocks as our sigs we would be spamming less, right? I could do that when it comes to it. People who are scrolling through any thread with our posts on it will see our trade blocks. More exposure=more conversation=more PMs=more possible deals=more actual deals, right?

haha yea that's actually a good idea!

I'll be back on later.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PACKERS TRADE BLOCK

James Starks
John Kuhn
Jermichael Finley
DJ Williams
Charles Woodson
Tramon Williams
Terrell Manning
Ryan Pickett

PM for trade info
GM: jfinley88
AGM: Packerraymond

Last edited by justo on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
justo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolcoolcool. So the sigs are ready. If you like the picture it takes you to the post right above me redirecting teams to our GM and AGM. I'll update the sigs with the same URL so we don't have to change everything each time a player goes on or off the board.

To have this:

Just copy this (not the code part just starting at [url=] and ending in [/url])
Code:
[url=http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15594359#15594359][img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q239/imaqban/bloc.png[/img][/url]

More people with this on means more people will see it. Would be cool to have everyone in on it.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Coolcoolcool. So the sigs are ready. If you like the picture it takes you to the post right above me redirecting teams to our GM and AGM. I'll update the sigs with the same URL so we don't have to change everything each time a player goes on or off the board.

To have this:

Just copy this (not the code part just starting at [url=] and ending in [/url])
Code:
[url=http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15594359#15594359][img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q239/imaqban/bloc.png[/img][/url]

More people with this on means more people will see it. Would be cool to have everyone in on it.

good stuff justo! We'll set up an actual block shortly

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 4 of 99

Jump to: