Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade #6 for Revis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ether

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Winslow80 wrote:
If we dont get a starting CB in Free Agency what do you guys think about the Honey Badger in the 4th?

Possible better fit at FS, IMO not skilled enough to play outside in the nfl

IMO, its not worth the wasted draft pick. He has zero between the ears, and that does not go well in the NFL today.

boo hoo he likes weed so does everybody
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Winslow80 wrote:
If we dont get a starting CB in Free Agency what do you guys think about the Honey Badger in the 4th?

Possible better fit at FS, IMO not skilled enough to play outside in the nfl

IMO, its not worth the wasted draft pick. He has zero between the ears, and that does not go well in the NFL today.

boo hoo he likes weed so does everybody

Seriuosly? Haha okay. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Entropy, like I said before, we disagree about one major thing.

You think the front 7 carries the same importance as the secondary.

I disagree. I think a really good front 7 with an average secondary is a LOT better than a really good secondary with an average front 7. So, I think the front 7 is more important than the secondary. I real good front 7 will mask any other deficiencies much more than a good secondary will IMO.

Yes, we disagree on that. Can you explain how a good front 7 consitently prevents a QB from passing for a 1st down without consitently good play from the secondary?

Quote:

You say a real good front 7 will still allow the QB to throw over half the time. Well, an average front 7 will allow them to get off a clean throw almost ALL the time. Not to mention, even a GREAT secondary can only cover for so long, so that works both ways.

An average front 7 still let's the QB get a clean throw off over half the time. That's the point. There are no defensive front 7s in the NFL that allows a QB to get a clean throw off anywhere near all the time, not even the worst in the NFL. The difference between the best and the worst will probably only be a few dozen plays or so.

Quote:

You get a sack or stop a RB for a loss of 2 or 3, and chances are that drive is stalling.

Sure, if you have a good secondary that can take advantage of a hurry by the front 7 or just cover the receivers for 3+ seconds. Otherwise, the outcome may be one of literally hundreds of 20+ yard completions.

Weeden had 48 all by himself (13th in the NFL) and you know as well as I do that some of them came after runs for losses or sacks.

No QB was sacked more than Aaron Rodgers (51 times) and he had 54 plays of 20+ yards. His team also has an exceptional front 7. They still gave up 2 passing TDs and 2 rushing TDs to the QB in a playoff game. Maybe look at what their secondary did (or didn't do) in that game.

I didnt say HORRIBLE secondary. I said AVERAGE secondary. Even an average secondary will more often than not help stall out a drive that starts with a loss on 1st down.

Remember, a really good front 7 does more than pressure a QB on pass plays. A really good front 7 helps immensely against the run, not to mention on 3rd and short, 4th and short, and near the goaline.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: