Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Packers scouting staff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boratt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: The Packers scouting staff Reply with quote

I wish I could add something substantial here, but it's a topic worth discussing none the less.

Our staff has been raided the last few years and where-ever our guys go, success seems to follow.

Is this the year our staff is too thin to operate or is Ted really the superstar that holds it all together?

Ted Thompson was the awkward scout who had a knack for being the best at what he did. It's a small wonder the guy ever got a chance as a GM. Perception is reality. Awkward guys, no matter how good they may be at what they do, aren't the types who win over the hiring types. It's charisma.

But I digress. . . .

Does anyone remember the star trek episode where there were these two computer guys who worked in tandem. One had charisma. He was the leader. The other guy was like Robin to his Batman on the outside. But when they went to work, the awkward guy was the star, and nobody knew it until the leader had to work alone.

Anyway, do we have a scouting staff like that? A bunch of little awkward superstars? Do we have guys to replace the guys who are leaving?

Anyone have any inside knowledge. 1265 might as well be the pentagon the way they conceal information. Anyone know anything.

PS, winning the SB depends on having great players. Great players come from great drafts. . . . If none of us know anything, this is a wasted thread. If some of us do, it does give us an idea to what we can expect.

sig courtesy of BrettFavre004. THANKS!!
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The Packers scouting staff Reply with quote

boratt wrote:
I wish I could add something substantial here, but it's a topic worth discussing none the less.

Our staff has been raided the last few years and where-ever our guys go, success seems to follow.

Is this the year our staff is too thin to operate or is Ted really the superstar that holds it all together?

Ted Thompson was the awkward scout who had a knack for being the best at what he did. It's a small wonder the guy ever got a chance as a GM. Perception is reality. Awkward guys, no matter how good they may be at what they do, aren't the types who win over the hiring types. It's charisma.

But I digress. . . .

Does anyone remember the star trek episode where there were these two computer guys who worked in tandem. One had charisma. He was the leader. The other guy was like Robin to his Batman on the outside. But when they went to work, the awkward guy was the star, and nobody knew it until the leader had to work alone.

Anyway, do we have a scouting staff like that? A bunch of little awkward superstars? Do we have guys to replace the guys who are leaving?

Anyone have any inside knowledge. 1265 might as well be the pentagon the way they conceal information. Anyone know anything.

PS, winning the SB depends on having great players. Great players come from great drafts. . . . If none of us know anything, this is a wasted thread. If some of us do, it does give us an idea to what we can expect.
All I know is TT is dedicated in his scout work. He was seen out in the rain of the Thursday Shrine Practice when other scouts had already left.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: The Packers scouting staff Reply with quote

boratt wrote:

But I digress. . . .

Hire, acquire and develop that talent at every level of the organization- not just on the football field. The organization is very high on two area scouts moving up right now. One of them is Ron Wolf's son I believe. Do not think I understand the totality of your question, but that is a big part of the answer without dropping names too much. Laughing
boratt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: The Packers scouting staff Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:

Hire, acquire and develop that talent at every level of the organization- not just on the football field. The organization is very high on two area scouts moving up right now. One of them is Ron Wolf's son I believe. Do not think I understand the totality of your question, but that is a big part of the answer without dropping names too much. Laughing

That's the exact type of thing I was asking about. And the way you answered it couldn't have been any better. Sounds like you have some connection to the Packers, and it sounds like you're confident they have the answer. Whoever you get your info from, I'd imagine they are pretty confident to.

And had your answer not included the, "the packers hire, acquire and develop talent at every level of the organization." I don't know if I would have believed you much. That right there is one of the most clear and consistent beliefs that I hear from the Packers leadership. For you to say that, and then say you're not going to drop names. . . That makes me believe you do have connections.

For people who frequent this forum, I don't know this guys reputation much, but I'm betting on this guy knowing his stuff about the Packers. I'll be paying attention to your posts, that's for sure.

sig courtesy of BrettFavre004. THANKS!!
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: The Packers scouting staff Reply with quote

boratt wrote:

For people who frequent this forum, I don't know this guys reputation much, but I'm betting on this guy knowing his stuff about the Packers. I'll be paying attention to your posts, that's for sure.

your intuition is correct.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: