Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is an 'under the radar' prospect your team could draft?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Who is an 'under the radar' prospect your team could draft? Reply with quote

I'm talking about player who are scarcely mocked to your team. Players that you really couldn't see coming but still have a shot at landing in your city.

For Cincinnati, barring free agency of course, i think we will take a good long look at a corner. Jonathan Banks fits the mold for someone who fits our defensive scheme. And as you already probably know, Cinci loves their first round corners. Marvin Lewis has said before that the first round is where we draft our corners. We went back-to-back with Johnathan Joseph and Leon Hall 2006-2007. Also we have a plethora on our roster already.

Aside from cornerback, i could see us looking at WR and maybe grab Cordarrelle Patterson if he is there at #21. Last year it is rumoured that we traded back to the late first (where we took Kevin Zeitler) after Kendall Wright was selected by Tennessee in front of us. They are similar in a way. Both extremely athletic and are very dangerous with the ball in their hands early (e.g. screens).

Anyway, who you got?
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis Kelce

IMO he is the 2nd best TE in the draft to only Zach Ertz with the highest upside in the draft. He is a fantastic blocker with the speed to stretch a defense. Great hands as well.

love the Red Green show too btw.

Jamison on the sig
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choices in Banks and Patterson. I've mocked Banks to Cincinnati before but now, I don't think he falls that far and Patterson to Cinci is interesting.

For the Bears, I'd say that there's a chance Arthur Brown or Chris Faulk could get taken if the stars align for them. I love both of them as prospects.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
green24

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets hired Tim McDonald to be their new DB coach. He was Phillip Thomas' DB coach at Fresno State and he is the father of T.J. McDonald. I think Thomas would be a great fit for the Jets.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Jones DT of Bowling Green I can't believe this kid didn't get invited to any all star games. He was virtually unblockable this season and dominated the MAC. Any team needing an UT, should seriously take a look at this kid.
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Chris Jones DT of Bowling Green I can't believe this kid didn't get invited to any all star games. He was virtually unblockable this season and dominated the MAC. Any team needing an UT, should seriously take a look at this kid.

I think it's a foregone conclusion that you guys (Seattle) will get him. Seems to fit your defense to a T.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of these depend on what other offseason moves we make:

David Amerson: If he is there in round 2, I have little doubt that he'll be the Panthers pick. Most likely he'd make the switch to deep safety.

EJ Manuel: If he somehow falls to the 4th round, he'll be a Panther. Perfect backup to Newton.

DJ Harper/Montel Harris/Dominique Whaley: This is the one that really depends on our plans with Williams and Stewart, but RB could be a surprise Panther pick in the 5th.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think the Bengals could take an OT in the 1st...
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
I actually think the Bengals could take an OT in the 1st...

Whoever Mike Brown can pay the least amount of money in that slot is who the pick will be.

Jamison on the sig
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clemson DL Malliciah Goodman could be a 2nd Rounder. Potential pick, but he caught Scouts Attention at the Senior Bowl with his length. If you haven't noticed, every team now covets Length. Every Scout is looking for the next Richard Sherman, but this trait also applies to the D Line.

Ansah has gotten all the hype, but Goodman deserves attention. Seattle in Round 2.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

I think it's a foregone conclusion that you guys (Seattle) will get him. Seems to fit your defense to a T.

That would make me soooooooo happy! Very Happy
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Markus Wheaton! Markus Wheaton! PLEASE Markus Wheaton!

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Vikings, it's probably Johnthan Banks or Xavier Rhodes. CB isn't as big of a need as WR, MLB, or DT, but with Winfield getting old and about to retire, and some serious question marks about Cook's ability to stay on the field and Robinson's ability to play on the outside, CB could be an option early.
popie70

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:

David Amerson: If he is there in round 2, I have little doubt that he'll be the Panthers pick. Most likely he'd make the switch to deep safety.

EJ Manuel: If he somehow falls to the 4th round, he'll be a Panther. Perfect backup to Newton.

DJ Harper/Montel Harris/Dominique Whaley: This is the one that really depends on our plans with Williams and Stewart, but RB could be a surprise Panther pick in the 5th.

I hope not for the Panthers sake..the guy is allergic to tackling
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popie70 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:

I hope not for the Panthers sake..the guy is allergic to tackling

Well, anyone we're fielding right now at FS is allergic to defending the pass, so I guess its just a give and take Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: