Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Snooze News thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 86, 87, 88  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Ryan has been hired by the Rams as their new defensive coordinator.

BryanCostello @BryanCoz

interesting connection, when you think about it. Rob Ryan is the son of Buddy Ryan. Buddy Ryan coached Jeff Fisher in Chicago.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the days after the Browns fired G.M. Tom Heckert, word emerged that the Browns requested permission to interview Vikings assistant G.M. George Paton. But an interview never happened.

There are two different versions in league circles as to what happened. One source says that Paton passed. Another source says that the Vikings declined permission. The latter suggests that the Browns’ General Manager position won’t entail, at least on paper, final say over the roster. If it did, the Vikings couldn’t have blocked either the interview or the hire.

There’s a chance, we suppose, that both the Vikings declined and Paton wasn’t interested.

Still, there’s now a valid question in Cleveland, especially since new coach Rob Chudzinski doesn’t have personnel experience: Who will have final say when it comes to picking players?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/14/paton-out-of-browns-g-m-mix-but-reason-isnt-clear/

Webmaster wrote:
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
In the days after the Browns fired G.M. Tom Heckert, word emerged that the Browns requested permission to interview Vikings assistant G.M. George Paton. But an interview never happened.

There are two different versions in league circles as to what happened. One source says that Paton passed. Another source says that the Vikings declined permission. The latter suggests that the Browns’ General Manager position won’t entail, at least on paper, final say over the roster. If it did, the Vikings couldn’t have blocked either the interview or the hire.

There’s a chance, we suppose, that both the Vikings declined and Paton wasn’t interested.

Still, there’s now a valid question in Cleveland, especially since new coach Rob Chudzinski doesn’t have personnel experience: Who will have final say when it comes to picking players?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/14/paton-out-of-browns-g-m-mix-but-reason-isnt-clear/

All reports out of Cleveland are that our new GM will not have absolute final say on the roster. For some candidates, that's a deal breaker. It was a deal breaker for our former GM, Tom Heckert.

In fact, there's a chance that we may not even have a GM in name, possibly just a Director of Player Personnel, with Joe Banner overseeing as CEO.

If Paton wanted full control and wanted to make a name for himself by controlling a roster, I don't blame him for passing on the Browns' job.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Reggie. If I was George, if they didn't give me final say over the 53-man roster, I wouldn't take the interview either, rather I'd just stay in the good gig that I got.

Plus, never having worked with the HC, it wouldn't necessarily be a good opportunity for him. A better opportunity would be one where he could hire a head coach himself (one that he's likely acquainted with...like Alan Williams or Darrell Bevell in the future).

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paton had the benefit/misfortune of being on hand when the Vikings both had systems allowing the GM to make all personnel decisions, and the earlier Triangulation Strangulation and saw what that produced.

gee, i wonder which system he prefers...

Think

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf has been moved from a treatment center to the Montana State Prison in Deer Lodge, state officials confirmed Thursday. Leaf, who was sentenced to a five-year commitment to the Montana Department of Corrections for drug and burglary charges in June, had been in a lockdown drug rehabilitation facility in Lewistown since July 12.

The first nine months of that sentence were to be spent in Lewistown and then he was to transfer to six months in prerelease center before likely being given supervised community placement for the rest of the five years, according to Tribune archives.

However, the Tribune learned Thursday that “the Montana Department of Corrections terminated Leaf from the treatment program and placed him in prison after he was found guilty of behavior that violated conditions of his drug treatment placement,” Dawn Handa, regional probation and parole administrator in Great Falls, said in a statement. “The violations included threatening a program staff member.”

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/article/20130117/NEWS01/301170011/Ryan-Leaf-transferred-to-Montana-State-Prison-after-being-booted-from-treatment-facility?

Webmaster wrote:
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, he has yet to mature, despite only being 2 1/2 years younger than me. What a waste.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The small Minnesota town of Zumbrota has turned on the Vikings in a big way.

fair amount of Zumbrota's 3,100 residents and an assortment of other Minnesotans from around the metro area will be rooting for the Seahawks and Casey (Gus) Bradley, Seattle's 43-year-old first-year defensive coordinator, Zumbrota native and, yes, lifelong Vikings fan, except for today, of course.

http://www.startribune.com/featuredColumns/70668937.html

I actually had no idea that Bradley was a native. And that now makes 2 new NFL head coaches who are "one of us."

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
The small Minnesota town of Zumbrota has turned on the Vikings in a big way.

fair amount of Zumbrota's 3,100 residents and an assortment of other Minnesotans from around the metro area will be rooting for the Seahawks and Casey (Gus) Bradley, Seattle's 43-year-old first-year defensive coordinator, Zumbrota native and, yes, lifelong Vikings fan, except for today, of course.

http://www.startribune.com/featuredColumns/70668937.html

I actually had no idea that Bradley was a native. And that now makes 2 new NFL head coaches who are "one of us."

He's also a former Bison, as I'm sure many on here are aware of
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't see this posted anywhere:

Quote:
The Vikings signed T.J. Conley and Greg McCoy to futures contracts today.

Conley was the Jets' punter in 2011, averaging 42.7 yards. He was cut by the Jets in September, just five days before the season started, and didn't play in the NFL in 2012. He announced his signing on Twitter (@tjconley4).

McCoy, a 5-foot-10 cornerback, was drafted in the seventh round by the Bears in 2012 out of TCU. He spent most of the season on the Arizona Cardinals' practice squad after the Bears cut him in August.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/186213751.html

McCoy was an average DB at TCU, but he was a tremendous return man for the Horned Frogs. Should give Sherels a run for his money.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One of the biggest draft busts in NFL history is trying to re-kindle his football career. Yahoo! Sports has learned that JaMarcus Russell is planning a comeback attempt that he hopes will see him play in the league again.

Currently at 308 pounds, Russell is down from the 320 pounds he weighed this past fall and has been focusing on cardio conditioning the past six weeks to lose the weight.

“The last few years, the things going through my life, football is my job and it is how it feeds my family.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-draft-bust-jamarcus-russell-attempting-nfl-comeback-043914730--nfl.html

Wow....look at that bolded part. And I included the last sentence for Timberwolves fans. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikes could use an OG, that is the only spot for Russell at that weight Laughing
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Adam Schefter the Cowboys are set to hire former Tennessee Volunteer HC Derek Dooley as their WR coach... a move I would have loved the Vikings to make and mocked earlier this year...
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not news, but when is the NFL Honors show?

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
not news, but when is the NFL Honors show?

Super Bowl Saturday (Feb. 2), 8 pm Central, CBS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
Page 29 of 88

Jump to: