Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Senior Bowl Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terranimal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDpacks_5 wrote:
Today was nice alot more pop, i guess some of these guys were just rusting from not playin in pads for a while.

Terrence Williams WR Baylor showed up, dominated in all aspects. He was able to block, beat his man and finish the play with a catch, good stuff. Would love to have as a Packer I think he would be a perfect compliment to this offensive but I know we have other needs but that kid will be a star if he can show he can be consistent.

Alex Okafor DE UT got his man card back today but he showed he isnt going to be the best 3-4LB but he will do good for teams lookin for a speed DE. He doesnt have quick twitch ablity but he is Strong and big, and has enough speed to play in the NFL. He will go in the first but wouldnt be surprised to see him fall to the 2nd.

Markus Wheaton WR ORE ST is Balling i love this kid, he just made every DB out there look like they were playing in sand. His size is the only thing holding him back.

Desmond Trufant DB WASH ok I see you. He had a bounce back day today. He by far has the best feet in the draft class, He isnt afraid to compete or get in your face but i just want to continue to see the physicality, plus his long speed could be lacking but put a safety over the top and allow him to be aggressive he will thrive.

Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan looking like he could go top 10 knocking on top 5 so i wont expand on him he will be long gone.

Lane Johnson OT OKLA wow if he runs a 4.7 at the combine O.O that would be insane. Will be a bookend LT for years. Top 20 worthy if he is there and we pass on him I will have to personally hunt down TT to make sure he still has a pulse but ultimately he wont be there but i will keep my fingers crossed.

Phillip Thomas FS Fres St to me is my #1 safety big kid 6-1 211LBs and he is very rangy. Not a big hitter but he will get you down Reminds me so much of Morgan Burnett. If he is there in the 2nd i would love to pair him with but i would move him to FS and Morgan to his more natural position SS.

This guy from Marshall Aaron Dobson WR is a sleeper im diggin, has the body has the hands, if he runs good he will be lookin like a day 1 guy.

Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech is good, was catching everything that went his way, whether it was in traffic whatever. If his hands were on the ball he came down with it. Curious to see what he runs.

Brian Schwenke C CAL , I'm ready to grab him in the 1st right now (mostly because the packers need a C BAD) but really he is by far the best Senior C in this class.

Later I will elaborate on the guys I felt underperformed but for now, felt this was needed not much talk on here, I'm a little disappointed

Please feel free to correct me if you have seen something different on the field. I originally liked WR Williams and Patton. But then went back and re-watched what videos could get my hands of on them and two things seemed to pop to me....

1.) Was in the videos i watched is both WRs didn't seem to get much RAC yards. In Patton's case saw him a lot of times go out of bounds when he could have picked up more yardage.

2.) Even though they have size, question them getting off the line against Press on the next level against NFL Corners.

I don't have them ranked on my board early like do for Patterson, Allen, Rogers, Hopkins, Woods.

Dobson- Was higher on him earlier in the year than later in the year where he seem to be more the second WR option on his team. Have questions on why that was when expectations for him were high this year. To be fair, also didn't get to see much Marshall games or video this year.
JDpacks_5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comments are more of a reflection on what I am seeing from the senior bowl practices not so much overrall. I was able to see a lot of Baylor football games. Just check out some of the tape with RGIII there was a lot of YAC that Terrance Williams was able to put up. When I look at this year he played more at the Z spot, so he was utilized more on go routes, posts and deep comebacks. The only knock has been his ability to be consistent when it comes down to making the "easy" passes. So far in the senior bowl practices though he has looked the part.

Also I hope your not refering to Rogers as in Da'rick Rogers i think he has some serious ability but he is to much of a hot head and a big me first type of guy. I just dont think he would fit in well with what the Packers organization has established.

My top 10 of Wideouts this year would be as follow: (40times could bring about some change ups)
Keenan Allen*
Robert Woods*
Terrance Williams*
DeAndre Hopkins*
Tavon Austin
Justin Hunter
Cordarralle Patterson
And if not for the character issues Da'Rick Rogers
Quentin Patten*
Markus Wheaton
Aaron Dobson*

(* are guys I think would really fit in due to character and type of wideout)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
Sherrod was a 1st round pick too. That's my point. We'd have 3 first round OTs over the last 3 years.

I don't want a 1st round back-up OT.

So...we should risk an injury to Aaron Rodgers just because we might have a decent LT? We know absolutely nothing about Sherrod's recovery, so we need to assume the worst. If there is a quality LT prospect on the board (Eric Fisher in this scenario), you'd be foolish to pass on him because you already invested a 1st Round Pick in a player whose played a grand total of 5 games in the past two years because of injuries. It'd be one thing if he had came back late this past season and showed us a glimpse of that talent, but he's a complete unknown. We can NOT go through another season giving Aaron Rodgers so much pressure in his face.

This is what makes it so hard to predict for our draft. And it is also a page out of former GM Wolf's book.....keep everyone guessing. I'm sure Thompson and McCarthy have an idea on where Sherrod stands before the draft but no one else does and all seems to be very hush/quiet on this.

Maybe we need a LT in the draft and maybe we don't. Would be nice if we didn't as Thompson could for some other top player that might drop to him be it...LBer, Corner, DL, WR etc......Just don't think we can rule anything out as far as LT goes at this point.

Though locally in the State there has been some unofficial talk around that worse case scenario of maybe Bulaga at Lt and Barclay at RT. Again no official word on this and might just be all speculation......
Seriously, Flanagan?
http://www.jsonline.com/packerinsider/126735923.html
We know all too much about that injury. Palmy said on a different thread (can't find it) that injury has a high recovery rate, so long as he doesn't rebreak it after rods/pins, nerve damage is the real concern, but that Sherrod will have to get back in football form because he's a big man who hasn't been able to work his lower half which is important for the trenches. Being familiar with the injury I can attest to the recovery rate and the nerve concerns. Saw it happen to a few friends, they wound out just fine. Sherrod should be fine, but probably will have to get back to form. It's just a broken leg people.
duxrule

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsonline is saying the GB crew is eyeing up WR's.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/receivers-catching-looks-from-packers-ak8gosc-188313691.html
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duxrule wrote:
jsonline is saying the GB crew is eyeing up WR's.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/receivers-catching-looks-from-packers-ak8gosc-188313691.html

They always are. TT is a WR whore.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boy Johnathan Franklin with the burst to score!

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im loving this game thus far, people complaining about how bad the QB's and OL have been, but at DL, S, WR and RB there are tons of good players on the field. This draft seems weak overall, but it looks strong in the positions we need.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Im loving this game thus far, people complaining about how bad the QB's and OL have been, but at DL, S, WR and RB there are tons of good players on the field. This draft seems weak overall, but it looks strong in the positions we need.

Agree. Going to be lots of talent at those spots. Even OG is sorta deep this year. (Warmack, Cooper, Jones, Warford, Bailey, Pugh, Fluker, Thomas, Long etc etc)

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:

It's not great, but it's got talent in certain positions (WR, OG, 3-4 DE, 3-4 LB, CB). Unfortunately, since this draft lacks a clear franchise QB and once you get past the top three of offensive tackles (Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson) it gets incredibly shallow.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince Williams having a good time.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of sad that now we won't be able to draft Ansah.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
After his bowl performance? We never had a shot to begin with.
justo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Idk. As a OLB? He basically has to play in space right now. 3-4 DE isn't exactly where you play in space. If we get him as an OLB then him or Perry have to be on the bench.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
Idk. As a OLB? He basically has to play in space right now. 3-4 DE isn't exactly where you play in space. If we get him as an OLB then him or Perry have to be on the bench.

There are enough snaps in this defense for three good pass rushing OLBs.

There's more snaps for a good D-Lineman or safety, but there's enough snaps for Perry, Matthews, and an OLB we draft who can rush the passer.
justo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sio Moore <3

EDIT:

Matthews-Moore-Bishop-Perry on 3rd downs. All the pass rushes. All of them. Defenses wouldn't know who is coming and they are all good at it. Zone biltz would improve big a good amount IMO.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: