Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Mock With Trade down Senario
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Here is the problem I have with drafting damaged goods (already seriously injured players).

They are going to miss significant time in Training camp, preseason, and possibly the regular season. Which means their 1st year is a wash. It is an ajdustment, getting a taste, period for them at best. This means they are not going to have any serious impact until the 2014-15 season. By that point where do you see Romo, Ware, Witten, Spears, Austin, etc? You follow me?

If we are going to roll the dice again with our core veterans rather than trade them now while their value is high, then we had better be drafting players that can come in and start immedietly because our veterans will not be at their best by the time these "damaged goods" players get acclimated to the game.

I like the trading down and I love the picks, ONLY IF we are preparred to invest 2 years of rebuilding into them. And you all know what that means.

Agree 100%. This team is trying to win now. We can't waste a premium pick on a wait and maybe player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: