Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Of the 4 positions I feel we are likely to draft this year I would rank the top fives right now as...

#1...TE...Tyler Eifert...6-5" 255 ...Notre Dame
#2...TE...Zach Ertz...6-5" 255...Stanford
#3...TE...Gavin Escobar...6-5" 255...SDSU
#4...TE...Travis Kelce...6-5" 265...Cincinnati
#5...TE...Ryan Otten...6-5" 235...SJSU

#1...OT...Luke Joeckel...6-6" 310...Texas A&M
#2...OT...Lane Johnson...6-6" 303...Oklahoma
#3...OT...Eric Fisher...6-7" 305...Central Michigan
#4...OT...Justin Pugh...6-5" 300...Syracuse
#5...OT...Oday Aboushi...6-5" 310...Virginia

#1...OG...Chance Warmack...6-3" 320...Alabama
#2...OG...Jonathan Cooper...6-3" 310...North Carolina
#3...OG...Chris Faulk...6-5" 323...LSU
#4...OG...DJ Fluker...6-5" 355...Alabama
#5...OG...Larry Warford...6-3" 333...Kentucky

#1...LB...Kevin Minter...6-2" 245...LSU
#2...LB...Manti Te'o...6-2" 255...Notre Dame
#3...LB...Alec Ogletree...6-3" 235...Georgia
#4...LB...Khaseem Green...6-1" 235...Rutgers
#5...LB...Gerald Hodges...6-1" 238...Penn State

After watching the senior bowl practice today Fisher was an absolute stud. Great feet, moved very well and didn't get beat inside, he's the real deal. He's # 2 LT in this years draft IMO. A surprising OL was Brian Winters from Kent St and Pugh didn't look like he would transfer well to being a OT. He looked slow at times and seemed to get beat a lot.

Player for Player right now I would take Fisher over JohnsonÖbut I think Johnsonís upside will lead to him being drafted higher.
I highly doubt that happens. Outside of long speed Fisher seems to be the much better player.

I have always been a fan of Fisher but I wouldn't go as far as saying he is a "much better player"...right now he is a better player than Johnson but I'm not sure he is quite the athlete than Johnson is...I think alot will depend on the type of player teams are looking for to play in their scheme and if they are willing to let the player develop in the role or if they want a player who is more pro ready but with a little less ceiling...personally I would prefer Fisher because he is pro ready and we wouldn't have to do much to change his game but I can see a team going after Johnson first because of that upside...either way if we decide to go with a LT in the 1st round both these guys would be big improvements over what we have.

If we somehow get either one of these OT it's a great day for the Chicago Bears. Fisher can be plugged in immediately from day one and provide much needed stability to the Left side and we wouldn't have to be worried about a LT for many years. Johnson being the freak athlete that he is would take time to develop, but with Kromer molding him, and Trestmen's schemes he could be a monster LT of the future. I'd be happy with either way that we go.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 58 Yards- 660 TDs- 8 Tgts- 102
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A LOT OF BUZZ about Eric Fisher right now. Mayock just said he is battling Joeckel to be the first OT taken. Sounding less and less likely that he could be on the board, but there's a lot of time left in the process.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Lots of buzz that Fisher is going top 10.

I just read some stuff from scouts on "top-3, top-5". If he continues at this pace, he is an absolute lock for the top 10. Even Lane Johnson is getting a ton of top 20 buzz, check out what a scout from the Giants had to say...
http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/21/new-york-giants-scout-on-lane-johnson-that%E2%80%99s-my-left-tackle/

Quote:
Matt Miller of NFL Draft Scout, who is in Mobile, Alabama covering the Senior Bowl, was among those impressed with Johnson. But he wasn't the only one. Miller had one of the Giants scouts in attendance remark "that's my left tackle" after watching Johnson practice.

Ideally, the #3 LT and #1 MLB will be on the board for our pick at #20. I think NYG goes Lane or a MLB right before us.

The only good thing about that is if the Giants were looking to take a LT like Johnson then they wonít have resigned current LT William Beatty and he played really well last season so it would add to the FA class.

I could easily see a situation where 3 OTs go before we pick.

I think after this week we may have a better idea about where we are going in free agency.

If the Eric Fisher, Lane Johnson hype continues to build we may have to look at OT in free agency because they won't be there at 20.
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher is the real deal. It's starting to sound like Johnson might not be on the board when we pick as well. But, it's the Draft and anything is possible.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 58 Yards- 660 TDs- 8 Tgts- 102
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at Walter football, I was wondering about WRs and D-linemen we could take a look at in the mid rounds.

Emory Blake, WR, Auburn
Conner Vernon, WR, Duke
Josh Boyce*, WR, TCU
Chad Bumphis, WR, Mississippi State

Kareem Martin*, DE, North Carolina
Stansly Maponga*, DE/OLB, TCU
Cameron Meredith, DE, Nebraska
Joe Vellano, DT, Maryland
Mister Cobble*, NT, Kentucky

Would any of these guys be good picks for is in the 4-6 rounds? Thanks in advance
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
Looking at Walter football, I was wondering about WRs and D-linemen we could take a look at in the mid rounds.

Emory Blake, WR, Auburn
Conner Vernon, WR, Duke
Josh Boyce*, WR, TCU
Chad Bumphis, WR, Mississippi State

Kareem Martin*, DE, North Carolina
Stansly Maponga*, DE/OLB, TCU
Cameron Meredith, DE, Nebraska
Joe Vellano, DT, Maryland
Mister Cobble*, NT, Kentucky

Would any of these guys be good picks for is in the 4-6 rounds? Thanks in advance

Martin has a ton to work with...6-5" - 6-6" 260lbs...this year he had 15.5 TFL...4 sacks & 8 QB pressures...is raw but has a lot of upside.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quanterus Smith DE
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Biggs...

Quote:
Be interested to see if Phil Emery talks in general and specific terms about how #Bears scouting system has changed

Emery didnít completely overhaul the way things were done scouting for the draft after he was hired last year because it was late in the process for the college draft. You couldnít have scouts going back and re-working hundreds of reports with the combine and draft meetings fast approaching. But Emery has implemented changes since and the word from the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., was the reports are even more detailed than before. Thatís not that Jerry Angeloís system wasnít detailed, but Emeryís program raises it a notch. It would be nice to learn what new ground he is asking scouts to cover from A to Z on players.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Via Biggs...

Quote:
Be interested to see if Phil Emery talks in general and specific terms about how #Bears scouting system has changed

Emery didnít completely overhaul the way things were done scouting for the draft after he was hired last year because it was late in the process for the college draft. You couldnít have scouts going back and re-working hundreds of reports with the combine and draft meetings fast approaching. But Emery has implemented changes since and the word from the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., was the reports are even more detailed than before. Thatís not that Jerry Angeloís system wasnít detailed, but Emeryís program raises it a notch. It would be nice to learn what new ground he is asking scouts to cover from A to Z on players.

Eifert or Ertz?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ertz seems to be gathering steam right now appearing in a to of top 25s and top 32s.

He is also in a ton of mock drafts in the 1st round.

What I remember about last season was that scouts and draftniks really got on Fleener as not a 1st round pick because he wasn't even the best TE on the team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
Page 32 of 32

Jump to: