Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REEVIS AND BUTTHEAD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Would You Do
Pull The Trigger
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Pass
70%
 70%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 17

dolphinologist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: REEVIS AND BUTTHEAD Reply with quote

The possibility of this never crossed my mind.
However, comming across THIS ARTICLE
I started kicking it around. WOULD I MAKE A TRADE FOR DARRELL REVIS ?

I might do it for one of our seconds and one of our 3rds pending a physical.

1. Obvious need filled
2. Not a problem with cap space
3. Even with the deal I proposed we would still have a pick in
each of the first 5 rounds
4. Like the article says ... ACLs are not what they used to be, and he
had it early enough in the season to be ready for camp.

What say you ?

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say no. He has a huge contract and he seems to want a new one every other year. Hasn't been able to stay healthy as of late. I think we would have a better shot at signing Cox or Cromartie and drafting a guy like Trufant or Poyer in the 2nd round.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting....I would go for it.

He's a known commodity and would allow the Dolphins to only worry about the other corner position.

I would have used those picks on a corner anyways.

He's still one of the 5 best CB in the NFL.

Team him with a guy like Jenkins out of Dallas and the Dolphins have turned the secondary into a strength.

It would [inappropriate/removed] off Jets fans....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
I would say no. He has a huge contract and he seems to want a new one every other year. Hasn't been able to stay healthy as of late. I think we would have a better shot at signing Cox or Cromartie and drafting a guy like Trufant or Poyer in the 2nd round.

It's a No for me as well unless we could reno Dansby's contract down to about $5 Mil per year and we let Smith walk.....then it would probably be a great idea, but realistically I don't see Dansby renegotiating.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pass. There are just too many factors of cost versus return to make acquiring him a lopsided deal in the Jets favor. Besides, I'm am so enjoying this self created abyss that the Jets are in, that even if it would help us out, I don't want us to throw them a rope to get out.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 4, Tackles 6 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 4 : Death 17 Joe 14
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id Dansby refuses to renegotiate his deal with a Top 3 DB sitting there to help him do his job, that speaks volumes about who he is.

And can somebody explain why we are viewing this as a FA signing. I'm not being sarcastic. Am I missing something ?

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
Id Dansby refuses to renegotiate his deal with a Top 3 DB sitting there to help him do his job, that speaks volumes about who he is.

And can somebody explain why we are viewing this as a FA signing. I'm not being sarcastic. Am I missing something ?

I'm not viewing it as a FA signing since Revis still has 1 year left on his deal with the Jets for which I believe he's owed $6 Mil and will probably hold out for a Contract Reno again and that's why the Jets may look to trade him. The issues we'd have getting him in a trade are his salary expectations, and more importantly the Jets will not be interested in him going to a Divisional rival.

I absolutely agree with your comment about Dansby.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:

Why would Dansby restructure? He hasn't even gotten paid yet...

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
RealMetalFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I heard correctly, Revis' cap number is only 6 mil this upcoming season. It's the upcoming contract that one should worry about.

I wouldn't mind bringing him in, and I would do a 2nd and a 3rd. Getting Revis would make Smith expendable, and let's say Smith took a lowball offer to stay here like he might due to a lack of playmaking production, A corner tandem of Revis and Smith, with Marshall in the slot and Jones at safety could spell out the best secondary on paper in the NFL.

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
draconis1410

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me...an ELITE CB is not needed to win big games. It helps but its not a requirement. The giants won with corey webster as their best CB. the ravens lost their best CB and they are in the super bowl now. SF has carlos rogers as their CB. So I would definitely pass on him. And keep on focusing with the draft and use it on more pass rushers who can get to the QB. We just need good enough CBs who can play.
Dolphin Dave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll pass. I don't believe in trading within the division. I also think that Revis is over rated. I would rather keep the picks and roll the dice with the picks.

frankmoore wrote:
The hero doesn't always ride off into the sunset with the girl, sometimes he ends up on the wrong end of the lightsaber.
Russ57

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all about what long term contract he would agree to. If he continues to think he deserves to be paid like a top 5 elite QB, I'd say no way. If he will sign a 5 year deal for an average of the top 5 CB's pay.....then I'd take that deal in a N.Y. second.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pass on Revis. Money, ACL injury, and is selfish. You can deal with one of those traits with players, but certainly not all three.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass!!!
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: