Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints fire DC Steve Spagnoulo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
A Falcons fan that knows more about the Saints than Saints fans. Ok.

Sorry, but that's absolutely terrible logic. In fact, I could point you to entire forums of Chargers fans that I'm confident scar and several other "non-Chargers" fans have superior knowledge of Chargers players and their abilities than.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. I'm really not trying to start something but Tez Wilson was an 3-4 ILB at Illinois and we asked him to play 4-3 DE. Seriously. Talent and everything else go out the window when you ask him to play a COMPLETELY different position. If we run a 0 gap then bunkley is the NT we want. If we run a 2 gap then no, I DON'T believe Lofton is the answer at ILB in our 3-4 scheme...I think we need to address that in the draft while putting Tez BACK where he belongs. Course you knew that...

Major props to a fine American, Uncle Buck.

The CHAMPS are going back to form! WHODAT!
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
If there's one thing I do know about, it's football. And if there's one thing I know in football it's defensive front 7 talent. Galette and Wilson are mediocre at best. You have very little talent for a move to the 3-4 outside of Lofton, Hawthorne and Cam Jordan.

I guess we'll just wait an see. Neither of us have seen them in a 3-4 with a decent DC, you think they're mediocre and Saints fans think they'll excel when given roles that they're better built for.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
lol. I'm really not trying to start something but Tez Wilson was an 3-4 ILB at Illinois and we asked him to play 4-3 DE. Seriously. Talent and everything else go out the window when you ask him to play a COMPLETELY different position. If we run a 0 gap then bunkley is the NT we want. If we run a 2 gap then no, I DON'T believe Lofton is the answer at ILB in our 3-4 scheme...I think we need to address that in the draft while putting Tez BACK where he belongs. Course you knew that...
Get out of here with that logic, he's clearly just mediocre! Why couldn't that 3-4 ILB develop as a DE?! Mediocrity of course!

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprising after that season, i guess without those beast NYG DEs, Spags doesnt look all that great?

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Not surprising after that season, i guess without those beast NYG DEs, Spags doesnt look all that great?

His scheme works but it needs to right personnel. If it was all about just having a good d-line then Sheridan and Fewell should have great defenses too. Our defense hasn't been the same since he left. Mad

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
PurplePeterson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet Crennel will get hired, he would be the perfect fit for the Saints' defense
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DE Cameron Jordan and Akiem Hicks
NT Brodick Bunkley
OLB Junior Galette and Martez Wilson
ILB Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne
CB Jabari Greer and Patrick Robinson
SS Roman Harper
FS Malcolm Jenkins

That could be a decent defensive line allignment if they run the one gap. I said before the draft Cameron Jordan's best fit was as a one gap DE in a 34.

Doesnt look good for a 2 gap, though.

I dont like the LBs, regardless of what version they run with.

Martez Wilson IMO should be in the middle as a thumper next to Curtis Lofton. That could be beastly.

They need to find a better group of OLBs though. Anthony Spencer will likely be a free agent. They should target him IMO.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
anteros77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Quote:
NT Brodick Bunkley
SS Roman Harper
FS Malcolm Jenkins

That could be a decent defensive line allignment if they run the one gap. I said before the draft Cameron Jordan's best fit was as a one gap DE in a 34.

Martez Wilson IMO should be in the middle as a thumper next to Curtis Lofton. That could be beastly.

They need to find a better group of OLBs though. Anthony Spencer will likely be a free agent. They should target him IMO.

Doesn't Crennel run a 2 gap? I think he's the biggest name they've thrown out so far that they're looking at.

Although, I believe that he's getting paid like 7 mil a year to do nothing right now anyway. I can't really see him coming to the Saints for free, and there's no way they pay more than that for a DC.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anteros77 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Quote:
NT Brodick Bunkley
SS Roman Harper
FS Malcolm Jenkins

Doesn't Crennel run a 2 gap? I think he's the biggest name they've thrown out so far that they're looking at.

Although, I believe that he's getting paid like 7 mil a year to do nothing right now anyway. I can't really see him coming to the Saints for free, and there's no way they pay more than that for a DC.

Im pretty sure Romeo runs a 2 gap system

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Saints can change scheme and DC all they want, need to add talent before their DC is even close to be respectable.

Akiem Hicks, Cameron Jordan, Martez Wilson, and Junior Gallette all have potential and talent, but can't maximize it in a 4-3.

Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne are both starting quality LBers.

They need a legit pass rusher and secondary help, but lets not act like they've got nobody.
hate to break it to you, but Wilson and Galette are mediocre at best. They couldn't crack a starting lineup on well... any other defense in the NFC south, let alone the rest of the NFL.

Lofton and Hawthorne are perfect for your ILB roles though. Especially Lofton as a Ted. he's a great fit there.

Galette is a great fit at 3-4 OLB, especially as an edge rusher and Wilson has switched from DE to OLB back to DE in the NFL, lets give him a break.
I was being nice calling them both mediocre...

Typical Falcons fan...

Ok, if you "know so much about football", then why don't you respect this front 7. You're blind to opinions on the Saints because you're a Falcons fan.
Imagine we draft Dion Jordan.. who is my top choice BTW. This would be the front 7.

DE- Akiem Hicks
DE- Cam Jordan
NT- Brodrick Bunkley
OLB- Junior Galette
ILB- Curtis Lofton
ILB- Martez Wilson
OLB- Dion Jordan

That's a very good and respectable front 7, now, if we can just fix the secondary... :p But, a good front 7 makes a meh secondary look at least average. We'll be a top 25 defense next year IMO. I want Ed Donatell as our DC though, because he can get the most out of our secondary, to compliment a good front 7. Can't wait to see Ryan on the ground by the way. Wink

Last edited by Spartica4Real on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Saints can change scheme and DC all they want, need to add talent before their DC is even close to be respectable.

Akiem Hicks, Cameron Jordan, Martez Wilson, and Junior Gallette all have potential and talent, but can't maximize it in a 4-3.

They need a legit pass rusher and secondary help, but lets not act like they've got nobody.
hate to break it to you, but Wilson and Galette are mediocre at best. They couldn't crack a starting lineup on well... any other defense in the NFC south, let alone the rest of the NFL.

Lofton and Hawthorne are perfect for your ILB roles though. Especially Lofton as a Ted. he's a great fit there.

Galette is a great fit at 3-4 OLB, especially as an edge rusher and Wilson has switched from DE to OLB back to DE in the NFL, lets give him a break.

Typical Falcons fan...

Ok, if you "know so much about football", then why don't you respect this front 7. You're blind to opinions on the Saints because you're a Falcons fan.

DE- Akiem Hicks
DE- Cam Jordan
NT- Brodrick Bunkley
OLB- Junior Galette
ILB- Curtis Lofton
ILB- Martez Wilson
OLB- Dion Jordan

That's a very good and respectable front 7, now, if we can just fix the secondary... :p But, a good front 7 makes a meh secondary look at least average. We'll be a top 25 defense next year IMO. I want Ed Donatell as our DC though, because he can get the most out of our secondary, to compliment a good front 7. Can't wait to see Ryan on the ground by the way. Wink

1) Don't make this about fans or other fan bases, keep the talk related to football.

2) Dion Jordan isn't on our roster, you look silly saying he's part of our front 7.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to put in there somewhere "if we draft Dion Jordan" lol whoops. I'll edit then. But yes, IF WE DRAFT JORDAN that's a very good front 7. Just sayin'.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Typical Falcons fan...

Imagine we draft Dion Jordan.. who is my top choice BTW. This would be the front 7.

DE- Akiem Hicks
DE- Cam Jordan
NT- Brodrick Bunkley
OLB- Junior Galette
ILB- Curtis Lofton
ILB- Martez Wilson
OLB- Dion Jordan

I don't like that LB group because our ILBs will get killed by receiving TEs and RBs coming out of the backfield. We need an ILB with some coverage ability. Leave Lofton inside as the Ted. Wilson as the OLB, he has shown some talent for rushing the passer. I don't think we would survive long with no coverage ability in the middle of the field. Part of the reason Wilson didn't get much time at LB was because he was far too raw in the coverage game.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Typical Falcons fan...

DE- Akiem Hicks
DE- Cam Jordan
NT- Brodrick Bunkley
OLB- Junior Galette
ILB- Curtis Lofton
ILB- Martez Wilson
OLB- Dion Jordan

I don't like that LB group because our ILBs will get killed by receiving TEs and RBs coming out of the backfield. We need an ILB with some coverage ability. Leave Lofton inside as the Ted. Wilson as the OLB, he has shown some talent for rushing the passer. I don't think we would survive long with no coverage ability in the middle of the field. Part of the reason Wilson didn't get much time at LB was because he was far too raw in the coverage game.

Martez Wilson has all the ability to become an elite LB in coverage; he's strong, fast, agile and big. I see no harm in working him there all offseason and seeing what happens.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: