Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tj Yates for 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Schaub or elseThe majority Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
If this is what you actually got from reading our posts, it's time to get a new bifocal prescription.

kenney wrote:
Y'know, being old is neither license to be a jackass nor declaration of your expertise on life.

kenney,

This is completely unacceptable. You've been here long enough to know the rules of this site. If you're going to continue posting in this thread or on this forum, I will be expecting you to adhere to the rules.

- ET

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
kenney

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Schaub or elseThe majority Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
kenney wrote:
If this is what you actually got from reading our posts, it's time to get a new bifocal prescription.

kenney wrote:
Y'know, being old is neither license to be a jackass nor declaration of your expertise on life.

kenney,

This is completely unacceptable. You've been here long enough to know the rules of this site. If you're going to continue posting in this thread or on this forum, I will be expecting you to adhere to the rules.

- ET

Why? All the guy does is come in here to [inappropriate/removed] people off, then talk about how he knows better because he's older than the rest of us and we're a bunch of myopic koolaid-drinkers.

It's been his shtick since the day he joined the site. Ban me, Tom, I don't care. At least the other posters here actually contribute to the flow of conversation.
Texantype

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Schaub or elseThe majority Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Texantype wrote:
kenney wrote:
Texantype wrote:
All I'm hearing from those who post here is a torrent of apologies about Schaub's qb play and that part of the problems are others on the team, etc.

Thus they reach the conclusion "he is better than 75% of the qb's in the nfl"
If this is so the surrender bells are going to go off all over the Texan network

If you believe he is better than 75% of the other qb's then they must really be terrible. Also this says no matter how bad he is we have to play him no matter what because we have no one else and we have to pay him several mil/yr. for 3 yrs.

If he doesn't turn around it will not be a pretty sight.

No one here is exciting about Schaub as the QB, but he IS better than a significant chunk of the league's QBs and we are tied to him for at least a couple more years -- our best option is to give him so much help that he can't help but succeed.

I suspect part of what we're seeing is the consequence of investing so heavily in defense in virtually every draft in franchise history.

MY, MY. MY-aren't we getting touchy.

I got a big disagreement with you and others who say Schaub is better than 75% of the nfl qb's. This is a major stretch. His abilites have so eroded he is a big reclamation project. Hope he makes it and I have reason to doubt that a large investment in defense is a reason for Schaub's decline.

I hope Schaub proves this wrong, but I would not bet on it.

Rolling Eyes

You said the same thing we've said for four pages, except you somehow managed to be more obnoxious about it by putting a stupid smiley at the end.

I have no idea why you are always so hostile toward everyone here, but most of us are a) not idiots and b) on the same side as you are.

Sorry you think I am hostile to everyone. I guess expressing another opinion is unwelcome, particularly by you. And how do you know my age? Do you have someone following me? And I don't see what relavence age has to do with any of this. Maybe I'm 16 years old. Would that make a difference?

I apologize to you for your being such a grouch. In the future I will refrain from giving my opinion about anything and just be a reader. Would that be ok?
Dawgtx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Schaub or elseThe majority Reply with quote

kenney wrote:

I'm probably the oldest one on here, and somehow I missed the memo?! Damn I always miss out on the fun stuff.....

About the Texans and thier woes.....

There are teams that win Superbowls, and probably shouldn't. There are teams that lose Superbowls that probably shouldn't. There are teams that shoulda, woulda, coulda.....But the old cliché, "any given Sunday", comes in to play.

I'm not about to go out on a limb and say once you get to the playoffs, it's a crapshoot, but it kinda is. In my opinion, there is no way the the Giants were better than the Patriots last year. No way the Ravens were better than the Broncos this year, but, that's not the way it played out.

All you can do is strive to be the best once the season starts. You gain new players, you improve the depth, you bring in new coaches/assistants. You practice. But, with all of our troubles, and even with Schaub at QB, when the season starts next Aug - Sept, we are going to be considered in the top 4-8 teams. Add a legitimate WR threat, ILB help, OL help, maybe a FS/SS, why would we not be?

It's hard for to me to get panicked when we are considered the upper echelon of the NFL?!

Adopt-A-Texan: Arian Foster
Rushing: 86 Att 404 Yds. 3 TD's
Receiving: 113 Catches 99 Yds 0 TD's
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Schaub or elseThe majority Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Why?

Because it's part of the rules you agreed to adhere to when you joined this site. If you don't like it, feel free to go elsewhere and share your views on the Texans.

Quote:
All the guy does is come in here to [inappropriate/removed] people off, then talk about how he knows better because he's older than the rest of us and we're a bunch of myopic koolaid-drinkers.

As someone who had his share of run-ins with Texantype, I can agree, but he never resorts to going after someone directly. His views might be out of line with others, but he has always maintained his stance vs other STANCES, not other PEOPLE.

Quote:
It's been his shtick since the day he joined the site.

...and his "shtick" has never crossed the boundaries of what we want. He's never personally attacked anyone in my time here, yet you feel the need to do so with yours.

Quote:
Ban me, Tom, I don't care.

I would personally not want to do that, Koby. But if you keep down this path, you'll leave me no choice.

Quote:
At least the other posters here actually contribute to the flow of conversation.

So, because his view differs from yours on a consistent basis, he is not contributing to the flow of discussion? How does that work, now?

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Schaub or elseThe majority Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Texantype wrote:
kenney wrote:
Texantype wrote:
All I'm hearing from those who post here is a torrent of apologies about Schaub's qb play and that part of the problems are others on the team, etc.

Thus they reach the conclusion "he is better than 75% of the qb's in the nfl"
If this is so the surrender bells are going to go off all over the Texan network

If you believe he is better than 75% of the other qb's then they must really be terrible. Also this says no matter how bad he is we have to play him no matter what because we have no one else and we have to pay him several mil/yr. for 3 yrs.

If he doesn't turn around it will not be a pretty sight.

No one here is exciting about Schaub as the QB, but he IS better than a significant chunk of the league's QBs and we are tied to him for at least a couple more years -- our best option is to give him so much help that he can't help but succeed.

I suspect part of what we're seeing is the consequence of investing so heavily in defense in virtually every draft in franchise history.

MY, MY. MY-aren't we getting touchy.

I got a big disagreement with you and others who say Schaub is better than 75% of the nfl qb's. This is a major stretch. His abilites have so eroded he is a big reclamation project. Hope he makes it and I have reason to doubt that a large investment in defense is a reason for Schaub's decline.

I hope Schaub proves this wrong, but I would not bet on it.

Rolling Eyes

Good God, here we go again with another obtuse take that ignores the facts. Explain to me how any of the following add up to it being a "major stretch" that Schaub is better than 75% of the QBs in the league, especially in the AFC:

- He starts - puts him ahead of 64 backups.
- He & Flacco were the only AFC QBs that aren't first ballot HOFers playing last weekend
- QB of a team that won more games than any team in the AFC except Denver and outplayed Manning in their head to head matchup in Denver.
- AFC Pro Bowler - behind Brady and Manning. Technically that means he's better than 81%.
- #5 in Passing Yards in AFC (despite handing the ball to Arian 400 times)
- #4 QB Rating in AFC
- #3 in yards per attempt (behind Brady/Manning)
- #2 in Comp %. Ahead of Brady!

What is a "major stretch" is telling me that there are 10 QBs clearly ahead of Schaub in the league or even 5 in the AFC. Put your money where your mouth is and justify why you would elevate Big Ben, Philip Rivers, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Blaine Gabbert, Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill, Jake Locker, Brandon Weedon, Mark Sanchez, or Matt Cassell over Schaub despite there not being any statistical measurement justifying it this year nor winning %.

Once you are done putting together some frail rationalization about what 3 or 4 of these you would elevate over Schaub, please explain to me how you would have gone about acquiring one of these considering every single one of them was a 1st round pick except Dalton who we have throttled two years in a row and Cassell/Fitzpatrick who I'd love to see you justify. Maybe we should have traded our future to get Carson Palmer like the Raiders? If only we could have drafted Locker at #8 or Gabbert at #10 like the two teams who won a combined 8 games in our division while we won our division two years in a row "settling" for JJ Watt at #11 and sticking with Schaub at QB. Maybe we should just start Curtis Painter and win 2 games so we could get to chose between Andrew Luck or RGIII. Oops, this year we may get a chance to take the first QB off the board at #27 this year with this pathetic class.

About the only possible argument this offseason from a quality standpoint would be Flacco (who got killed by Schaub this year, is statistically inferior by every measure and would be awful in our system with his sub 60% comp rate) but I'd love to see how you would pay him the $75-$90 million it will take without gutting the roster and that's before you account for the $25 million in dead space ditching Schaub would create.

Let's see it - what's your plan? Let's evaluate where the "major stretch" is happening.

im not in favor of ditching Schuab, nor do i see a realistic option out there, but ill accept the challenge to find 5 AFC QBs id rather have, not in any order

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Flacco
4. Big Ben
5. Luck

and ill even throw in 5 more from the NFL

1. Kapernick
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Eli Manning
5. Matt Ryan

but obviously none of those are realistic solutions, and i actually think Kubiak has made Schuab a better QB than Schuab is. He runs the system and runs it good. If we did decide to move on, We dont have but a few options:

1. Alex Smith might be an option, he is more mobile than Schuab, but i dont know if we would be upgrading

2. Matt Cassel is probably not a starter in the NFL but would be a top 35 QB

3. Mark Sanchez is another possibility

4. Tim Tebow is always out there Smile

5. TJ Yates showed some great promise but im not sure he is ever going to get his chance unless maybe Dennison gets a HC gig and wants to trade for him

bottom line is that Schuab makes too much money to be replaced this season and really Alex Smith is the only potential replacement out there that wouldnt be a disaster
texans_uk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: