Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Topaz Help....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Signature and Avatar Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IAmPacman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Topaz Help.... Reply with quote

Alright I know I'm new to this forum but I have been doing sports graphics for a little bit of time now and need some help on filters for player renders. I was wondering what filter was used for this render. Im guessing some variation of a Topaz but I'm not sure. I posted the original image below and then the updated image with the filter. If you know what filter was used for this render please let me know.

Original:
[img]http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p583/pacman6287/LeSeanMcCoy.png?t=1357419932[/img]

With the filter:
[img]http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p583/pacman6287/LeSeanMcCoy2.png?t=1357421068[/img]
IAmPacman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one?
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Topaz Help.... Reply with quote

IAmPacman wrote:
Alright I know I'm new to this forum but I have been doing sports graphics for a little bit of time now and need some help on filters for player renders. I was wondering what filter was used for this render. Im guessing some variation of a Topaz but I'm not sure. I posted the original image below and then the updated image with the filter. If you know what filter was used for this render please let me know.

Original:

With the filter:

I could mimic that by doing a combination of two layers. If you dup the render, desat it, adjust the exposure to bring out the bright and dark spots a bit more, then either setting it on soft light or multiply. Then, I'd dup the render again, then do a plastic wrap filter, set it to lighten and erase the parts that stick out too much until it looks good.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
IAmPacman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Topaz Help.... Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
IAmPacman wrote:

Original:

With the filter:

I could mimic that by doing a combination of two layers. If you dup the render, desat it, adjust the exposure to bring out the bright and dark spots a bit more, then either setting it on soft light or multiply. Then, I'd dup the render again, then do a plastic wrap filter, set it to lighten and erase the parts that stick out too much until it looks good.

Thanks for the suggestion. It works ok but doesn't give anywhere near the same effect as what I wanted. Can any of you guys just give me some advice on color correction and filters for player renders?

Last edited by IAmPacman on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you can use one of the adjustment layers in Topaz.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
IAmPacman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:

That's what I'm asking. Which Topaz/settings?
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAmPacman wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:

That's what I'm asking. Which Topaz/settings?

psychedelic from the looks of it.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Signature and Avatar Help All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: