Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packattack86's New Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packattack86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Packattack86's New Mock Reply with quote

FA:
- Steven Jackson - Ted has been enamored w/ Sjax forever, and now he doesn't have to part w/ a precious draft pick to get him. SJ opted out of his contract bcuz he wants to play for a contender. GB would be a great fit. Jackson still has enough in the tank to give GB a legit RB that will give us balance and keep teams from playing 2 high safeties all the time. Ted gives him a 2 yr deal.

Players Resigned:
- Sam Shields - Young, talented CB that has earned a new contract

- EDS - Filled in admirably at center, might get a shot to start permanently, and his versatility along the line is valuable

- Brad Jones - Provides good depth and ST's value, won't cost much.

- Tom Crabtree - Good blocker, ST's guy, comes cheap.

Key Losses:
- Greg Jennings - The Packers would love to keep Greg but injuries, age, and a high $ contract lead to Ted letting Greg walk. GB should get a 2014 3rd rd comp for him unless Ted can tag n trade him (doubtful IMO).

- Donald Driver - Class act, he had a great career but his time is up.

- Erik Walden - Hot and cold, sometimes he plays very well, but more often that not he's out of position and missing tackles, he's gone.

- The rest of the UFA's

Retained/Restructured:
- Charles Woodson - Some are calling for him to be cut, but I still think Wood brings leadership and playmaking to our team. He agrees to take a pay cut and Ted brings him back on a DD type deal.

- JMike - I think Ted will bring back Finley for his final year. He has too much talent that the other TE's on the roster don't.

DRAFT

RD1. Trade Down - Some team comes calling trying to jump into the 1st to take a QB. In this scenario let's just say it's Arizona. After getting an O-lineman in the first the Cards wish to move up and grab a QB. We receive the 37th pick, and 71st.

RD2. Margus Hunt , DE, SMU - Hunt has been rising up draft boards, and for good reason. He has great length and athleticism, something our current crop of lineman lack. he could be a poor mans JJ Watt.

RD2. Robert Woods, WR, USC - Ted will look to add more talent and depth for Arod seeing as how Jennings and DD are gone. Woods offers nice value here, as he could've gone much higher.

RD3. Baccari Rambo, Safety, UGA - This guy knows how to be a ballhawk, which is something we've been missing since Collins left. He has minor character concerns, but not enough for Ted to pass up a chance to upgrade our safety play. Rambo is also a pretty good tackler, which our current guys don't do well.

RD3. Gavin Escobar, TE, SDSU - Ted will need to find a future replacement for Finley in this draft. I'm not sold on DJ or Quarless as being the guy. Escobar has nice athleticism and hands, and he could be a nice weapon for Arod moving forward.

RD4. Khaled Holmes, Center, USC - Ted will look to push EDS and also add depth on the O-line. Holmes was pretty solid for the Trojans.

RD4 Comp (Flynn). Gerald Hodges, LB, PSU - Ted will want some depth at ILB, as this will be Hawks last yr and I'm not sold on DJ Smith being a full-time starter.

RD5. Terry Hawthorne, CB, ILL - We could use some more depth at CB. Hawthorne is a scrappy guy that plays hard.

RD6. Jordan Rodgers, QB, Vandy - Ted brings in Aaron's little bor to compete w/ Coleman/Harrell.

RD7. Caleb Sturgis, K, FLA - Ted has enough draft picks where he can blow one on a kicker to compete w/ Mason.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow no feedback huh, guess i need some pics.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really dislike the Hunt pick. Tons of athlete, little to no football player in the Estonian.

Like the Woods, Rambo, Escobar and Hodges picks.

Khaled Holmes sucks.

Have really liked Hawthorne for months.

Rodgers is meh for me. Intriguing though.

If we're taking a kicker, I'd rather have Hopkins or wait for UDFA and get Zach Brown.

Overall, decent mock! Good work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a very poor Watt Hunt would be. The athlete completely Houdini'd day 2 of Seniorbowl practices from what I hear.

Rambo has off-field issues. Touch not the unclean thing.

Woods Escobar Me Gustav.

Hawthorne and Hodges have been opening some eyes lately.

Everybody else meh.
rbens06

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what Hunt brings to the table from an athletic and length standpoint, but I have not seen him consistently use those things to his advantage on the field. I think that he could develop into a solid player with some better coaching, but with our top pick, especially with the makeup of this team, I prefer a guy that is more polished and can make somewhat of an impact year one.

I like Woods and think from a talent and skill standpoint he would fit in very well with our team and philosophy.

I am not sure if TT will look for a safety early, especially if we bring back Woodson because we can continue to develop Jennings and McMillian. However, if he did go with Rambo there I would be ok with it.

Holmes is someone that intrigues me. He did not have the best of years, but really the whole USC team struggled. He is someone that has experience at both guard and center and could immediately take over EDS role of our interior swing guy. He does have some things he needs to improve on, but think that for the next couple of years he would give us solid depth and continue to push EDS (assuming he is our guy).
Kal-El

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know much about the prospects this year, but a general comment... trading down does make sense for us.

Doesn't sound like there are going to be any stand-out talents there at our 1st round pick, and most of our needs are for depth. We can probably snag RB and S with starting potential between rounds 2 and 3, and just depth picks through the rest.

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you would draft a #4 WR before drafting a RB even with a Steven Jackson signing (would be a great signing by the way). I'm not so sure thats a great idea because Jackson would likey get signed for 1 year with no one in the wings to potentially take over #1. DuJuan Harris and Alex Green are complimentary backs not #1's. I am just not a big fan of drafting another DE that high because TT used a #2 and #4 on DE's last year and it can be assumed both will improve with an offseason. Second year DL typically make a huge jump in production. My first 2 picks may be OL and RB, with a possibility of an ILB somehere in the fist 4 rounds. I also don't think Charles would take Driver money to return but he may take a pay cut if it meant getting cut if he doesn't. Charles is due 10 million and he may accept cutting that in half or slightly less than half.
packattack86

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
So you would draft a #4 WR before drafting a RB even with a Steven Jackson signing (would be a great signing by the way). I'm not so sure thats a great idea because Jackson would likey get signed for 1 year with no one in the wings to potentially take over #1. DuJuan Harris and Alex Green are complimentary backs not #1's. I am just not a big fan of drafting another DE that high because TT used a #2 and #4 on DE's last year and it can be assumed both will improve with an offseason. Second year DL typically make a huge jump in production. My first 2 picks may be OL and RB, with a possibility of an ILB somehere in the fist 4 rounds. I also don't think Charles would take Driver money to return but he may take a pay cut if it meant getting cut if he doesn't. Charles is due 10 million and he may accept cutting that in half or slightly less than half.

If the board falls that way absolutely. Don't forget, in this scenario we have to replace depth w/ Jennings and DD gone. Boykin has potential but more depth is needed and Woods is a 1st rd talent IMO. I still think we need more beef on the d-line as we have to face AP twice a yr. Yes DL typically improve in yr 2, but Worthy is gonna be coming off an acl so who knows how long before he is playing well again, and Pickett is gettin old. I think TT will look for a RB in rds2-4 this yr.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: