Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Another Mock....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nodefense

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Another Mock.... Reply with quote

Free agent signing:

WR Dewayne Bowe, Kansas Cty

Cut/Let go:

Quentin Mikell
Steven Jackson
Brandon Gibson
Craig Dahl
Steve Smith
Danny Amendola

Resign:

William Hayes
Jermelle Cudjo
Robert Turner

Draft:

1a ) S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas ( Keep hearing he's real deal )
1b ) OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
2 ) S Johnathan Cyprian, Florida International ( This guy's getting rave reviews, i think he moves way up by the draft )
3 ) TE Joseph Fauria, UCLA
4 ) WR Kenny Stills, Oklahoma
5 ) OLB Jelani Jenkins, Florida
6 ) RB Cierre Wood, Notre Dame
7 ) OG Spencer Long, Nevada

I'm not putting 8 high priced free agents because it can't happen.

I'd like to keep Jackson ( Age ) and Amendola ( injurys ) but i think they will take more $$ elsewhere.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like your first round picks with Vaccaro at #16 and Johnson at #22.

I am not big fan of Fauria, I don't think I would take him that high. I think there would be better prospects at that spot in the draft.

Overall, if it happened I definitely would mind.
nodefense

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
I really like your first round picks with Vaccaro at #16 and Johnson at #22.

I am not big fan of Fauria, I don't think I would take him that high. I think there would be better prospects at that spot in the draft.

Overall, if it happened I definitely would mind.

The Rams have struggled in the redzone and on 3rd down. I think he could help out in both areas.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

out of the two big name FA WRs (Bowe, Wallace) I'd rather have Wallace.

That being said, not a fan of the draft. Don't like Vaccaro and while I do like Lane Johnson, I'm not sold on the idea of him in the 1st just yet.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
nodefense

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
out of the two big name FA WRs (Bowe, Wallace) I'd rather have Wallace.

That being said, not a fan of the draft. Don't like Vaccaro and while I do like Lane Johnson, I'm not sold on the idea of him in the 1st just yet.

I'd be fine with Bowe or Wallace.

I'm hearing nothing but good things about Vaccaro and Cyprian. I have read a bunch of posts on here from guys who don't like him.

I see Johnson as a developmental guy, and i think he could be depth in 2013 and a starter in 2014. Then Saffold could move to RT.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats just it, I don't think Saffold would make a very good RT.

Its all up to our FO at this point, if they feel that Saffold is our franchise LT then they need to look at who fits well as a RT.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of this draft. I'm beginning to warm to Lane Johnson, but I'm not jumping for joy if we get him. Don't like Vacarro in the 1st and would rather have Swearinger the Cyprian in the 2nd if we are going safety there.

Not a big fan of the rest of the guys but do like Jenkins in the 5th for sure.

St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD
nodefense

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Not a big fan of this draft. I'm beginning to warm to Lane Johnson, but I'm not jumping for joy if we get him. Don't like Vacarro in the 1st and would rather have Swearinger the Cyprian in the 2nd if we are going safety there.

My thinking is that the Rams areas of need are OL. OLB, a RB if Jackson leaves, WR and both safety positions, I'm assuming Jackson and Amendola both leave.....nothing against either player. Just a money, age, injury history, turn the page deal.

I have read the anti-Vacarro stuff for months. Yet the NFL guys grading him, seem to think he's a mid 1st round guy.

If you can get a potential starting left tackle at #22.....i think you jump on it. He may not make a difference until 2014, but i would do it.

Some are saying Cyprian looks better than any of the safetys in this draft and the Rams need two good safetys.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nodefense wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

My thinking is that the Rams areas of need are OL. OLB, a RB if Jackson leaves, WR and both safety positions, I'm assuming Jackson and Amendola both leave.....nothing against either player. Just a money, age, injury history, turn the page deal.

I have read the anti-Vacarro stuff for months. Yet the NFL guys grading him, seem to think he's a mid 1st round guy.

If you can get a potential starting left tackle at #22.....i think you jump on it. He may not make a difference until 2014, but i would do it.

Some are saying Cyprian looks better than any of the safetys in this draft and the Rams need two good safetys.

I think they are saying his is looking the best of all the safeties in the senior bowl, not the draft. Or, if they have, i have definitely not heard that. Nearly unanimously the "experts" have Vaccarro as the top safety in draft, which I don't necessarily agree with either.

I do like Cyprian, but in the second, I'd rather take a safety I have graded higher.

St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD
nodefense

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Flatlyner"]

I think they are saying his is looking the best of all the safeties in the senior bowl, not the draft.

Nearly unanimously the "experts" have Vaccarro as the top safety in draft, which I don't necessarily agree with either.

Correct on both cases.......
MidSouthRam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Mock.... Reply with quote

Doesn't sound like the Rams will have the cap space to sign Bowe.

Lane Johnson probably won't make it to the Rams pick at #16. Watch what happens after his combine workout.

Besides, him I have to say the only other pick I'd like is the FIU Safety. But, not in the 2nd round. 3rd rounder, IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: