Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Looking a lot more at all the safeties and I see a lot of similarities between Matt Elam and Earl Thomas. Contradictory to my own first impression-- Elam is more than just an in the box safety, dude is a baller. Needs to sure up his tackling though.

I see none at all. Not really sure where that comparison is coming from.

yeah completely different players. I think Elam is a better cover safety than some are giving him credit for but nowhere near where Thomas is.

Still I'd have no problem with us drafting Elam. Obviously we'd be better off drafting a pure FS type but come on Elam, even as kind of a hybrid, is ten times better in coverage than Dahl is(and as a run defender also).

Agreed and he also appears to have catch up speed, something Dahl lacked when he took bad angles. I could be wrong, but I think I'd rank him right near the top for me in safeties this year. He would vastly improve us from the "Days of Dahl".

The "Dahl Days" sounds better.. Laughing
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lande speaks glowingly of Vaccarro.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/plenty-of-options-for-rams-at-safety/article_d37a0a4f-906a-558c-bd37-8b788bb22259.html

Maybe there is something we are missing? Even the highlight reels don't inspire me to say "top 10 pick". In fact, based on highlight reels alone, I wouldn't have him in 1st round. Honestly, Elam, Swearinger, P.Thomas, Jefferson all look better then him on tape.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Lande speaks glowingly of Vaccarro.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/plenty-of-options-for-rams-at-safety/article_d37a0a4f-906a-558c-bd37-8b788bb22259.html
Maybe there is something we are missing? Even the highlight reels don't inspire me to say "top 10 pick". In fact, based on highlight reels alone, I wouldn't have him in 1st round. Honestly, Elam, Swearinger, P.Thomas, Jefferson all look better then him on tape.
I read that from Lande and almost fell out of my chair laughing "Everyone has him in the Top 1"? Seriously? Thats a joke

For a long time now Lande has been enamored with "Splash" players, and this drat doesnt have a whole lot of them, not to mention the Safety class is more solid than spectacular as originally thought.

I will say it again, Vaccaro is a Strong Safety in a Free Safeties body. I dont see his style of play transitioning well to many NFL defenses. He likes to look for the big play, disregarding his assignments and tkes his first read and goes after it (that why good QBs can take advantage of him) and when you have guys like Byndom & Diggs its easy to play that way in college. He is an exciting player, he isnt a reliable player. If we were worried about covering the back half of the D and being the last line of defense, then Vaccaro is a terrible option to go with.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
After watching the senior bowl practices im become a much bigger fan of TJ Mac and Shawn Williams of Georgia.
Problem is, both of those guys rely alot on what we can do with Mikell's contract. (only because where they are projected to go)

I know it wont stop us from getting talent, but where we would have to take those guys right now, we can be getting starters, and if Fisher likes Mikell and wants to keep him around (while restructuring) then we wont be looking as much at a SS.

Now if he is cut this year, or they expect to after this season, then yea those guys are good options.

I agree but I think either prospect has much better cover skills than Mikell so in that sense i hope we cut him (sorry Mikell)
jjab360

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what you guys are missing with Vaccaro... The speed, decisiveness, the instincts, the playmaking ability, they're all there. Easily the best safety in this class in man coverage, which is a great counter to the TEs who have been taking over the league lately, and did a very good job against Collin Klein and that read option offense, which is another thing that scouts have to be paying attention to due to recent trends.

There are a lot of good safeties in this draft, but none with the combination of size, athleticism, and instincts that Vaccaro has.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
I don't know what you guys are missing with Vaccaro... The speed, decisiveness, the instincts, the playmaking ability, they're all there. Easily the best safety in this class in man coverage, which is a great counter to the TEs who have been taking over the league lately, and did a very good job against Collin Klein and that read option offense, which is another thing that scouts have to be paying attention to due to recent trends.

There are a lot of good safeties in this draft, but none with the combination of size, athleticism, and instincts that Vaccaro has.

He does have very good athleticism and instincts but his size is nothing special. He lacks reliability and consistency. I wish he played more deep cover in college that i could look at but as of right now I can only go off of what ive seen which is playing in the slot/box blitzing, man and the flats which some times he rolls the dice and doesnt get out wide enough.

Last edited by DEE RAWL on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles12 wrote:

Trade 1st round 4th pick and 2014 2nd for St. Louis 1st round 16th and 22nd and 2014 1st round pick

If Luke Joeckel is available at number 4, I believe that the Rams would give in and trade up to sign their bookend tackle.

Totally a trade the Rams should look into. Rolling Eyes

Why do people think we need a LT, let alone want to trade up for one.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
eagles12 wrote:

Trade 1st round 4th pick and 2014 2nd for St. Louis 1st round 16th and 22nd and 2014 1st round pick

If Luke Joeckel is available at number 4, I believe that the Rams would give in and trade up to sign their bookend tackle.

I just laugh at them now. The #thirst for our draft picks is strong.

And those picking the Rams are crazy.
They won't win 8 games.
I guarantee it.
I mean...Bradford never does...
Stick that in your sig & smoke it.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
eagles12 wrote:

Let them dream. Any time a team has 2 first round picks, many other fan forums target them in mocks. There is zero chance we move up to the top ten in this draft.

That being said, I would not be at all surprised to see this team draft or sign an additional LT. If you consider the regularity of Roger Saffold's injuries in recent years, then we are foolish to expect a full season out of him.

BTW, I have brought this up before, but there is no way in hell that Saffold weighs a pound more than 305. I don't care what he is listed at, just go stand next to him in person. He appears smaller than Grant Wistrom, which I only relate him to because I saw Grant 4 days out of 5 when he lived in STL.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:

I am not missing anything. He's not the best safety in man coverage. And he's not the best safety in the class.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

I am not missing anything. He's not the best safety in man coverage. And he's not the best safety in the class.

He thinks he is, you think he isn't. It is as simple as that, everything doesn't need to be a argument does it?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

He thinks he is, you think he isn't. It is as simple as that, everything doesn't need to be a argument does it?

But that would make everything so boring Wink
jjab360

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

But that would make everything so boring Wink

Exactly. Twisted Evil

Besides, I think posters on this board are a lot more open-minded than they seem, I know I personally have changed my mind on quite a few prospects in the past due to a well-reasoned argument. Just not Kenny Vaccaro or Keenan Allen. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And nobody's opinions should be changed based on anybody else's.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
And nobody's opinions should be changed based on anybody else's.

Sarcasm I hope?

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 48 of 136

Jump to: