Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Former Chiefs, Falcons TE Tony Gonzalez retires from the NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmydee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Val said, time 10,000. Where does all the anger come from. At the tail end of his career and with no hope of a playoff in the future with the direction this club was going under Pioli, why wouldn't you want a quality guy like Tony to have a chance somewhere else.

Would you keep an employee from leaving your employ if you knew, or thought, it would better him or his family?? I would certainly hope not.
Rumless

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee wrote:
Would you keep an employee from leaving your employ if you knew, or thought, it would better him or his family?? I would certainly hope not.

Let's not get all sappy now. He signed a contract, willingly, with the Chiefs organization. No feelings can render a contract moot (unless there is an escape clause in the paperwork specifically regarding feelings, in which case...).

He had a tremendous career and deserves to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I don't want to see him in the Chiefs Hall of Fame, though. Why? Because he didn't want to be a Chief towards the end of his career. If he didn't want to be a Chief at the end of the road, I don't want him to retire as one. That's just my feelings on the matter.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
I'm going to be kind of off the wall here. Am I the only one who doesn't want to see Tony retire as a Chief?

Don't get me wrong. He had a great career here. Personally just feel that if he wanted to leave so badly, and with the things he said on the way out, that I really don't want to see 88 in the Ring of Honor.

You're right...instead of Tony we should give his spot to Pioli....cuz you know, he like, ummm, wants to be here.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Rumless

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Rumless wrote:
I'm going to be kind of off the wall here. Am I the only one who doesn't want to see Tony retire as a Chief?

Don't get me wrong. He had a great career here. Personally just feel that if he wanted to leave so badly, and with the things he said on the way out, that I really don't want to see 88 in the Ring of Honor.

You're right...instead of Tony we should give his spot to Pioli....cuz you know, he like, ummm, wants to be here.

I don't even get what you're trying to say here. Laughing

Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
jimmydee wrote:

Let's not get all sappy now. He signed a contract, willingly, with the Chiefs organization. No feelings can render a contract moot (unless there is an escape clause in the paperwork specifically regarding feelings, in which case...).

He had a tremendous career and deserves to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I don't want to see him in the Chiefs Hall of Fame, though. Why? Because he didn't want to be a Chief towards the end of his career. If he didn't want to be a Chief at the end of the road, I don't want him to retire as one. That's just my feelings on the matter.

Week 1, you didn't come away with a sense of that affection for KC from TG? Seemed to me he really missed this place. He treated it like a homecoming.

It was all simply a case of being in different places of their immediate goals (Chiefs rebuilding and TG chasing playoffs) and making a mutual split.

I doubt he felt overly wanted since Pioli and Haley seemed to immediately counter some of the locker room leadership on the team as well. The conflict with Waters, bringing in Vrabel, trading TG, and eventually cutting Pollard were all moves that reshaped the leadership makeup of the team.

I fully expect HIM to WANT to resign with the Chiefs in order to retire as one.

Now for a big tangent!!! Skip below if you want to stay ON topic!!

I'd love it even more if he came to play one year and help the rookie QB out.

It's a complete dream but imagine this skill position grouping:

Geno Smith
Jamaal Charles
Dwayne Bowe
Steve Breaston
Tony Gonzalez
Tony Moeaki
Jon Baldwin
Dexter McCluster
Devin Wylie
Cyrus Gray
Chris DiMarco

and imagine the front 5:

Albert
Allen
Hudson
Asamoah
Winston

Oh yes. Andy could make some noise with that! (even minus TG I still really like it.. )
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:

And what exactly did he say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
derekfelty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be missed! Wish you could have stayed another year, and came back home to the KC with a new head coach and ride us to the superbowl.
jimmydee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless, I am the furthest thing you will ever see from sappy....I just evaluate the facts: Pioli, etc., didn't want him here, he left, and if ANYBODY in the NFL deserves a chance at a SuperBowl ring, IMHO it is Tony. Gentleman on and off the field, represented himself well in the community and you never saw his name in the police blotter. My guess is that age, life's experiences, and some street smarts will eventually change your opinion and thought process. If not, Bro, it's gonna be a long, lonely life. Learn to check the 'bitter' at the door. It doesn't look good on you. Good luck. Wink

Hell ya, Tony come on back home and feel the love. Retire as what you are: A Kansas City Chief.
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee wrote:
Rumless, I am the furthest thing you will ever see from sappy....I just evaluate the facts: Pioli, etc., didn't want him here, he left, and if ANYBODY in the NFL deserves a chance at a SuperBowl ring, IMHO it is Tony. Gentleman on and off the field, represented himself well in the community and you never saw his name in the police blotter. My guess is that age, life's experiences, and some street smarts will eventually change your opinion and thought process. If not, Bro, it's gonna be a long, lonely life. Learn to check the 'bitter' at the door. It doesn't look good on you. Good luck. Wink

Hell ya, Tony come on back home and feel the love. Retire as what you are: A Kansas City Chief.

+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
XBebop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To those who say you didn't want Tony to win a ring, or don't want Tony to retire a Chief:

You're scumbags. Plain and simple.
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XBebop wrote:
To those who say you didn't want Tony to win a ring, or don't want Tony to retire a Chief:

This 100%. The man dedicated his entire career to this football team. He became the greatest tight end in NFL history as a Kansas City Chief. He provided us with so many great memories and fun times. How can anyone say they don't like Tony because he was traded and ended his career elsewhere?

I mean seriously, are you Chiefs fans?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
XBebop wrote:

This 100%. The man dedicated his entire career to this football team. He became the greatest tight end in NFL history as a Kansas City Chief. He provided us with so many great memories and fun times. How can anyone say they don't like Tony because he was traded and ended his career elsewhere?

I mean seriously, are you Chiefs fans?

Both these posts fail. I'd ask.. are you members of Football's Future? Or just visiting? Cmon! Way over the top.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XBebop wrote:

We don't insult other posters on Football's Future. I suggest you re-read the rules before posting again

Same goes for you Eric Berry.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Rumless

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee wrote:
My guess is that age, life's experiences, and some street smarts will eventually change your opinion and thought process. If not, Bro, it's gonna be a long, lonely life. Learn to check the 'bitter' at the door. It doesn't look good on you. Good luck. Wink

Condescension is a shade you wear well, jimmy.

timmay98

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my all time favorite Chiefs players EVER!!! 1st player I ever saw the Chiefs draft. I might honestly think long and hard about making a trip to Canton 5 years from now when he's inducted as a 1st time ballot. How's that for Sappy.

And just for the record it wasn't all TG who wanted out of here. His personality didn't fir the new regime and if i recall we did get a 2nd rd pick for him. It's not his fault the Chiefs didn't hit with that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: