Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis Island
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

Quote:
Teams that have been linked to Revis are the Patriots, Broncos, 49ers, Bills, Seahawks, and Packers, according to Freeman. You can rule out a trade with the division rival Patriots and Bills.

Bring him in with Ed Reed! Haha just kidding but that would be pretty... unreal...

A column urging us to stay away from Revis. While I agree that we didn't lose the playoff game because of a problem Revis could fix, I would still go after him. The Jets want a 1st and 2nd? Well, we have been talking about impact players all offseason now. Revis is one. I don't know whether I am engaging in a displacement activity here, but why not give up our 1st this year and our 2nd next year and get a guy like Kevin Minter or Arthur Brown in the 2nd and a DT and WR in the following rounds (if non is signed via FA) IF the finances with the resigning of Clady would in fact work out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/denver-broncos-stay-away-darrelle-revis-155200153--nfl.html

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
dbronx42

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade Dumervil + two 3rd round picks to bring Revis Island to Denver. I'd even make the 3rd rounder become a 2nd in 2014 if he performed at an All Pro level. Bailey, Revis, and Harris as our starting CB's? Excuse me while I wipe the drool of my desk. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
I'd trade Dumervil + two 3rd round picks to bring Revis Island to Denver. I'd even make the 3rd rounder become a 2nd in 2014 if he performed at an All Pro level. Bailey, Revis, and Harris as our starting CB's? Excuse me while I wipe the drool of my desk. Wink

Coverage sacks, anyone?

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way are the Jets looking to take on Doom when they are rebuilding.

I personally dont think I would deal a 1st and 2nd for him. Even if he is the best CB in the game, he is coming off ACL surgery. That is scary.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
No way are the Jets looking to take on Doom when they are rebuilding.

I personally dont think I would deal a 1st and 2nd for him. Even if he is the best CB in the game, he is coming off ACL surgery. That is scary.

I dont think he commands that much on this market, coming off an injury, and with his contract status coming up.

A 2nd round and a good player seems fair.

Only problem with the Doom and a 2nd deal is that the Jets wont take Dooms contract. They are already over the cap and are looking to get rid of contracts, hence the reason they made a cap guy their GM.

Revis is likely to be traded but will come at a pick (or multiple) and a good player. I wonder if the Jets would do DJ and a 3rd (conditional 2nd)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:

It won't look so good when the opposing QBs have 10 seconds to pass because their OL triple-teams Von Miller and no else we have on the DL can consistently win a one-on-one.

I really don't get the Dumervil hate. He is very important to what we do defensively, opposing offenses game-plan around trying to stop him and Von from getting to the QB. Is he overpaid? Yes. Is he a little overrated? Sure. Is he one-dimensional? Absolutely. But he is important to what we do and without two top-tier pass rushers our defensive approach, which ended the year 2nd in yards allowed, 4th in points allowed and tied in 1st for sacks, would have to be completely remade. How long have we been lamenting our lack of a good defense? We finally have one and some fans think it's a good idea to get rid of its key pieces. Unfathomable.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

It won't look so good when the opposing QBs have 10 seconds to pass because their OL triple-teams Von Miller and no else we have on the DL can consistently win a one-on-one.

I really don't get the Dumervil hate. He is very important to what we do defensively, opposing offenses game-plan around trying to stop him and Von from getting to the QB. Is he overpaid? Yes. Is he a little overrated? Sure. Is he one-dimensional? Absolutely. But he is important to what we do and without two top-tier pass rushers our defensive approach, which ended the year 2nd in yards allowed, 4th in points allowed and tied in 1st for sacks, would have to be completely remade. How long have we been lamenting our lack of a good defense? We finally have one and some fans think it's a good idea to get rid of its key pieces. Unfathomable.

I would actually like to know the last time Elvis Dumervil got a sack when it wasn't garbage time. I think that's why a lot of us are frustrated. He is invisible for 90% of the game.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

I think the idea of getting rid of Doom allows us to have more flexibility in FA (Freeney) and a possibility to draft a DE in the draft this May (Ansah, Hunt, Lemonier).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can somebody figure out how high a trade up consisting of a switch of 1st round picks plus our 2nd round pick would propel us?

This would be interesting because it allowed us to weigh our two options of getting our much clamored impact player:

A. 1st and 2nd for Revis
B. 1st and 2nd for a pick in the ... to ... range

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Can somebody figure out how high a trade up consisting of a switch of 1st round picks plus our 2nd round pick would propel us?

This would be interesting because it allowed us to weigh our two options of getting our much clamored impact player:

A. 1st and 2nd for Revis

If we traded our first plus a second for another first, we would probably move up from 28 to the 17-21 range, IMO.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

A. 1st and 2nd for Revis

If we traded our first plus a second for another first, we would probably move up from 28 to the 17-21 range, IMO.

That would be the Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, Bears and Bengals as potential suitors.* From them, the aging Steelers and Bears would seem most interested in acquiring more picks for the rebuilding of their respective defenses.

*Perhaps the Saints at 15 are looking to trade down as well as they are switching to a 3-4, although scheme shifts and an old roster are two different things; age being a bigger incentive to trade down.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
dbronx42

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

Elvis Dumervil is invisible for most of the game anyways. I don't really hate him, but if it gave us the opportunity to get the best CB in football I would trade him in a heartbeat. It would clear up a ton of cap-space for future free agents as well. Yes Revis would command a Dumervil like contract, but at least he deserves that kind of money. Unlike the very one dimensional Doom.

Jets fans think they can get AT LEAST a 1st and 2nd rounder. So if that were the case I wouldn't even think about that deal. That's just way to much.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On The Drive on 104.3 The Fan in Denver, Alfred Williams was saying that he would trade Demaryius for Revis. Are you kidding? No way. Demaryius is getting better and better. He could be an absolute stud under Manning.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
On The Drive on 104.3 The Fan in Denver, Alfred Williams was saying that he would trade Demaryius for Revis. Are you kidding? No way. Demaryius is getting better and better. He could be an absolute stud under Manning.

SMH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:

SMH

File that under trades that wont ever happen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: