Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do we make of these quotes?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3135
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: What do we make of these quotes? Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130144/article/sean-payton-i-have-no-interest-in-talking-to-gregg-williams

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130123/SPT02/301230077/Reinstated-Saints-coach-Payton-moving-on


Intresting tid bits...

Quote:
Asked if his season-long punishment was fair, Payton notably chose to avoid a direct answer. He compared the situation to a player having to move on from a bad call.

"It was more or less something you can't control. To dwell on it with the time that I had ... the first week or so, it was difficult," Payton said. "You felt a lot of different emotions. At that point, you have to move on from it. Regardless of how you felt, knowing there were eight months. You'd drive yourself crazy if you just continue to hold those thoughts, whether you thought it was fair or not."


Very good way of looking at it!

Quote:
Payton made it clear he's not happy with the Saints' defense. Their problems "keep him up at night." Payton said the team will start meetings with the defensive staff immediately, and it did not sound like it would be a comfortable experience for defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo.


So papa Sean is POed... Is it all talk or will he make the tough decions and change either the scheme or the players? One of the two has got to go right? I mean the status quo can't remain the same and expect a major improvment simply because of his return.

Quote:
The Saints' 7-9 record simply can't be blamed on Payton's absence, the coach said


See, he says so himself!

Quote:
There has been no conversations with the NFL about the Saints getting back the second-round draft pick they lost as punishment in the bounty scandal.


DAM!!!

Quote:
When you play the way we played defensively, itís going to be hard to win. When you struggle running the football like we did in the first half of the season, itís going to be hard to win. We struggled at times on special teams. Against the Giants, I donít know how many yards they had in return yardage. These things keep you from winning games consistently,Ē he said


WHAT!!! Bad defense, no running game, poor special teams... and for a moment I was worried Sean wasen't paying attention this season. Laughing

Quote:
Payton said former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams' status did not come up during Payton's 4Ĺ-hour conversation with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.


"I have no interest in talking to Gregg," Payton said.

That says a lot.


WOW... Shocked Bad blood people, BAD BLOOD! Twisted Evil
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 427
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see some BIG changes coming...
_________________


^NS922 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3135
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
I see some BIG changes coming...


Pray
See what I'm doing...
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 427
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:
I see some BIG changes coming...


Pray
See what I'm doing...


pulling me out of hiding? Laughing
_________________


^NS922 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sammymvpknight


Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Posts: 3399
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad that Payton had a chance to see things from a fans perspective. Because in the end, it doesn't matter how someone plays in practice and how well they fit in the locker room. All that matters is that they get it done on gameday. And the defense was the worst in NFL history. Spags deserves a significant amount of the blame because he had an improved defense from GW's 2011-2012 defense and was far worse.

It's nothing personal to Spags. He seems like a great guy...but he is a horrible fit with this personel. Unless the Saints strike gold with a JPP type guy on defense I don't see any way that they will take a significant step forward. The scheme has to change to put the current pieces in place to succeed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3135
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
I am glad that Payton had a chance to see things from a fans perspective. Because in the end, it doesn't matter how someone plays in practice and how well they fit in the locker room. All that matters is that they get it done on gameday. And the defense was the worst in NFL history. Spags deserves a significant amount of the blame because he had an improved defense from GW's 2011-2012 defense and was far worse.

It's nothing personal to Spags. He seems like a great guy...but he is a horrible fit with this personel. Unless the Saints strike gold with a JPP type guy on defense I don't see any way that they will take a significant step forward. The scheme has to change to put the current pieces in place to succeed.


This team is a Romeo Crennel and a legit 34 NT (which we could land at 15... Hankins, Jenkins, Williams) away from being a very competitive defense.

LE- Hicks
NT- Rookie
RE- Jordan

OLB- Galette
ILB- Lofton
ILB- Hawthorne
OLB- Wilson

CB- White
CB- Robinson
CB- Greer
FS- Jenkins
SS- Harper/Quddus

Romeo would make this unit productive! 3 superbowl championships as NE DC.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 19999
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
I am glad that Payton had a chance to see things from a fans perspective. Because in the end, it doesn't matter how someone plays in practice and how well they fit in the locker room. All that matters is that they get it done on gameday. And the defense was the worst in NFL history. Spags deserves a significant amount of the blame because he had an improved defense from GW's 2011-2012 defense and was far worse.

It's nothing personal to Spags. He seems like a great guy...but he is a horrible fit with this personel. Unless the Saints strike gold with a JPP type guy on defense I don't see any way that they will take a significant step forward. The scheme has to change to put the current pieces in place to succeed.


This team is a Romeo Crennel and a legit 34 NT (which we could land at 15... Hankins, Jenkins, Williams) away from being a very competitive defense.

LE- Hicks
NT- Rookie
RE- Jordan

OLB- Galette
ILB- Lofton
ILB- Hawthorne
OLB- Wilson

CB- White
CB- Robinson
CB- Greer
FS- Jenkins
SS- Harper/Quddus

Romeo would make this unit productive! 3 superbowl championships as NE DC.

Screw drafting a NT, if we switch to a 3-4 we need to take Dion Jordan at 15 and start him over Galette/Wilson. That guy has the potential to be the best 3-4 OLB in the league.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saint-Anger_13


Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 314
Location: Fairfax, IA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many T.V remotes do you think he went through watching the games at home?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SWATcha


Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Posts: 1743
Location: Sacto, CA.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
how many T.V remotes do you think he went through watching the games at home?


I'd be more curious how closely he followed college football and some of the guys coming out for this years draft. It'd also be interesting to know if he followed other NFL teams and watched their games with an eye on potential FAs or coaches. Questions we'll never have answers to
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group