Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CT's Mock Offseason *Updated 2/6*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: CT's Mock Offseason *Updated 2/6* Reply with quote

RE-SIGNED
- Phil Costa, C (RFA)
- Charlie Peprah, S
- L.P. Ladouceur, LS
- Ernie Sims, LB
- Orie Lemon, LB
- Sterling Moore, CB

NOT RE-SIGNED/CUT
- Felix Jones, RB
- Phillip Tanner, RB
- Kevin Ogletree, WR
- John Phillips, TE
- Derrick Dockery, OG
- Ryan Cook, C
- Kevin Kowalski, C
- Doug Free, OT (June, 1st)
- Victor Butler, DE/OLB
- Anthony Spencer, DE/OLB
- Kenyon Coleman, DT
- Jay Ratliff, DT (June, 1st)
- Marcus Spears, DT
- Dan Connor, OLB
- Brady Poppinga, OLB
- Michael Coe, CB
- Mike Jenkins, CB
- Eric Frampton, S
- Danny McCray, S
- Gerald Sensabaugh, S (June, 1st)
- Brian Moorman, P

Extend Romo
Restructure Carr, Witten, Ware, and Austin

FREE ANGENT SIGNINGS-
- Henry Melton, DT
- Daryl Smith, SOLB

Draft
TRADE: Cowboys trade pick 18 (900 points) to San Francisco for picks 31 (600 points), 63 (276 points), and 127 (45 points)(921 points total). SF thinks they lost the Super Bowl because they had nobody who could cover Boldin. They see Johnathan Banks slipping and want to jump ahead of the Giants to grab him.

1.31 (SF) - DJ Fluker, RT - Bama- the more I watch the big fella the more I like him. He reminds me of Flozell but alot meaner and he may have better feet. Instant upgrade.

2.47- Matt Elam, S - UF - This might be wishfull thinking to grab Elam here but screw it. Kiffin finds his playmaking safety in Elam.

2.63 (SF) - Sylvester Williams, DT - North Carolina - Sly pairs nice with Melton in the middle.

3.80- David Quessenberry, G - San Jose State - another instant starter along the line. Would be a nice fit next to Smith.

4.112- William Gholston, DE - Michigan State - he's a prototype DE that has shown flashes. Needs to work on consistency. Not a bad backup DE at this point.

4.127 (SF) - Montee Ball, RB - Wisconsin - TD machine who would be a nice replacement should Murray not hold up health wise again.

5.143- Khaled Holmes , C - USC- this is a guy who had 2nd/3rd round C written all over him early in the year. Battled they injuries and struggled some this year so he slips in the draft.

6.176- Michael Williams, TE- Bama - We have our receiving TE in Hanna but by letting Phillips go we our losing out on our blocking TE. Williams is a very good blocking TE, he may be the best in the draft.

UNDRAFTED ROOKIES
- Dan Paul, FB - Boise State - a big bruiser who can take over for Vickers right away.
- Ryan Spadola, WR - Lehigh - Great size and reliable hands. This guy will be a pro, mark it down.

2013 Dallas Cowboys Roster

- OFFENSE -
QB: Tony Romo | Kyle Orton
RB: DeMarco Murray | Monte Ball | Lance Dunbar
FB: Dan Paul
WR: Dez Bryant | Miles Austin | Dwayne Harris | Cole Beasley | Danny Coale | Ryan Spadola
TE: Jason Witten | James Hanna | Michael Williams
LT: Tyron Smith
LG: David Quessenberry | David Arkin
C: Phil Costa | Mackenzy Bernadeau | Khaled Holmes
RG: Nate Livings | Ronald Leary
RT: DJ Fluker | Jeremy Parnell

- DEFENSE -
DE: Jason Hatcher | Tyrone Crawford
DT: Henry Melton | Sean Lissemore |
DT: Sylvester Williams | Rob Calloway | Brian Price
DE: DeMarcus Ware | William Gholston
SOLB: Daryl Smith | Alex Albright | Kyle Wilber
MLB: Sean Lee | Orie Lemon
WOLB: Bruce Carter | Ernie Sims
CB: Brandon Carr | Orlando Scandrick
FS: Matt Elam | Matt Johnson
SS: Barry Church | Charlie Peprah
CB: Morris Claiborne | Sterling Moore

- SPECIAL TEAMS -
K: Dan Bailey
P: Chris Jones
LS: L.P. Ladouceur

Last edited by CT Cowboy Fan on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:31 am; edited 6 times in total
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very solid draft CT. I love the pick of Richardson. This draft would immediately improve our interior o line and give us quality dt. And you added a safety who would come in and be an enforcer. Rambo will lay you out like Roy Williams used to do but he is more cerebral.

I hope we don't sign that many free agents because I want to get our cap mess cleaned up. Also I m not a fan of extending Romo. Clean up the cap a little and if u have to keep Romo another year you could just franchise him. At some point we have to get some qb's in here.

Overall great job !!
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Very solid draft CT. I love the pick of Richardson. This draft would immediately improve our interior o line and give us quality dt. And you added a safety who would come in and be an enforcer. Rambo will lay you out like Roy Williams used to do but he is more cerebral.

I hope we don't sign that many free agents because I want to get our cap mess cleaned up. Also I m not a fan of extending Romo. Clean up the cap a little and if u have to keep Romo another year you could just franchise him. At some point we have to get some qb's in here.

Overall great job !!

Thanks Mensa, like I said I'm no capologist or anything but from what I know you extend and restructure players when you think your a player or two away, and think you have a shot of winning. Yea it puts you in a cap mess but me personally, I'm not ready to throw in the towel and completely rebuild. So extending and restructuring is what we have to do. And from what I've been reading everything points to us making those moves with Romo, Carr, Witten and Austin. Which FAs didn't you like?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

Overall great job !!

Thanks Mensa, like I said I'm no capologist or anything but from what I know you extend and restructure players when you think your a player or two away, and think you have a shot of winning. Yea it puts you in a cap mess but me personally, I'm not ready to throw in the towel and completely rebuild. So extending and restructuring is what we have to do. And from what I've been reading everything points to us making those moves with Romo, Carr, Witten and Austin. Which FAs didn't you like?

I don't like the idea of restructuring Austin. His contract is cap friendly if we want to trade him. If we restructure, it basically cements he will be here for 3 more years. Don't like taking that chance with his history of injuries.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Richardson didn't declare...

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Baixis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have Sims as re-signed and NOT re-signed. Which is it? I don't think we should let him go personally. I also would cut Cook, as Costa still hasn't proven himself and you sign or draft another C. Cutting Spears doesn't make sense either, considering there's a great chance Ratliff and Brent will already be gone, and Coleman too possibly. And until we have really figured out who our new SLB and SDE are, I wouldn't cut Butler either (I don't think we will be able to sign an OL in FA, AND, Daryl Smith - plus, I like our in-house candidates for SLB. We just need to figure out who it will be). Love the draft though!
muncy54

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realy like it...prob my favorite i have saw so far
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you like burnadeau at center? He was terrible at guard last season, and even worse at center.

I do like the Carradine pick.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Why do you like burnadeau at center? He was terrible at guard last season, and even worse at center.

Between the two, Bernadeau was actually the better OG for us last year, and in his one game at center he actually did fairly well.

Broaddus and others have pointed this out.

^^^mack
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:

Between the two, Bernadeau was actually the better OG for us last year, and in his one game at center he actually did fairly well.

Broaddus and others have pointed this out.

he struggled with snapping the ball higher then 10 centimeters above the ground out of the gun, and consistently got pushed back.. It was like he was aiming for Romo's feet. No reason that Costa shouldn't be the projected starter, who played a lot better this season in the time he saw the field.

I don't mind having Burnadeau as a backup center/guard, but I have no faith in him starting.

- Never heard Broaddus saying he's better then anyone starting on the line.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Never heard Broaddus saying he's better then anyone starting on the line.

He didn't, just pointed out that Bernadeau was better than Livings, contrary to popular belief.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/Broaddus-Answer-Pretty-Clear-When-Evaluating-Both-Guards/e3643a46-0444-4ff3-a3fd-a9584ffd7334

Quote:
it is my honest view, Nate Livings was not a better player than Mackenzy Bernadeau and I know there a lot of people think that was the case but itís not true. I know that Bernadeau had his struggles at certain points during this season and the Tampa Bay game was one of those times but if you focus on three plays you are missing the other 65 where he did his job correctly.

Quote:
I think there needs to be a competition at the position and maybe they get this by moving Bernadeau to center because in the one opportunity he had to play the position, he was not a problem.

^^^mack
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accept from the last couple of games of the season, I couldn't disagree with him more.
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update in original post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of trqading back and picking up 2 more draft picks. I like the selections as well. It seems we will have some magical money to sign more draft picks. I love it!
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: CT's Mock Offseason *Updated 2/6* Reply with quote

Like the daryl smith signing. Cant see Albright being able to play the middle linebacker spot though. Not fast or agile enough. Dont love the offseason, but a lot can change my mind before the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: