Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ranking Flacco
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to rank him now, but Andrew Luck making the Pro Bowl as an alternate got me thinking of something funny. During Flacco's 5 year career (all on playoff teams), the following QBs have gotten a pro bowl selection in the AFC ALONE:

Peyton Manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Tom Brady
Philip Rivers
Jay Cutler
Brett Favre
Kerry Collins
Matt Schaub
Vince Young
David Garrard
Matt Cassel
Andy Dalton
Andrew Luck

Flacco has not. I know the Pro Bowl is a joke, but this is an especially good telling of it.
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Eli Manning
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Joe Flacco

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:
1-Rodgers
2-Brady
3-Brees
4-Luck
5-Flacco.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Cerbs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Big Ben
6. Eli Manning
7. Joe Flacco

Kaepernick and RGIII are very close right now imo. You have to keep in mind how much of difference those two quarterbacks did for their teams this year and if things had gone differently in the playoffs (and possibly how things go in the Super Bowl), I probably would have ranked one of them higher than Flacco.

I used to think Flacco was just a decent game-manager and that his biggest strength was simply not turning the ball over, which was pretty much his story in regular season this year. However, he's been a completely different player since the wild card game and has been playing on an elite level. Realistically though, I still can't rank him higher than quarterbacks who have already won a Super Bowl at this point. He needs a ring before he can be considered "elite".

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salt&Pepper wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Right now I have a hard time keeping him away from the #6 spot on my list. But he's DEFINITELY top-10.

I think you take Matt Ryan, and just calmly move Flacco two or so spots ahead of him, at least.
Ranked 30th.
I know he lit up your team and everything, but saying Flacco's already 30th all-time is probably getting a little ahead of yourself.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.”
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Salt&Pepper wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Right now I have a hard time keeping him away from the #6 spot on my list. But he's DEFINITELY top-10.

I think you take Matt Ryan, and just calmly move Flacco two or so spots ahead of him, at least.
Ranked 30th.
I know he lit up your team and everything, but saying Flacco's already 30th all-time is probably getting a little ahead of yourself.

Zing. Cool

Right now...
I'm thinking he's around 7 or 8, but could move up as guys like Brees, Brady and especially Manning get older. Maybe we're overreacting to these last three weeks, I don't know, but he's gotta be undisputed top-10 at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I'd put him in that 2nd tier of QBs with Burger and Eli which would make him 7.
"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7th or 8th behind a combination of Brady, Rodgers, P Manning, Brees, Ben, and E Manning.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Not going to rank him now, but Andrew Luck making the Pro Bowl as an alternate got me thinking of something funny. During Flacco's 5 year career (all on playoff teams), the following QBs have gotten a pro bowl selection in the AFC ALONE:

Peyton Manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Tom Brady
Philip Rivers
Jay Cutler
Brett Favre
Kerry Collins
Matt Schaub
Vince Young
David Garrard
Matt Cassel
Andy Dalton
Andrew Luck

Flacco has not. I know the Pro Bowl is a joke, but this is an especially good telling of it.

He deservedly hasn't gotten in, based on the regular season at least.

NextBigThing wrote:
I am a Patriots fan, I know all about excellence.
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to troll, but Flacco was nothing more than an around an average QB a month ago, all of a sudden hes top 5? Doesn't make sense, prisoner of the moment?
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CornOnDaCobb wrote:
Not to troll, but Flacco was nothing more than an around an average QB a month ago, all of a sudden hes top 5? Doesn't make sense, prisoner of the moment?

How about you revisit his start to the season. He was looking like a surefire top 10 guy to start the season, then got in a funk once the OL really started to regress and injuries started to add up. We had musical chairs at LG, Oher started to play average to below at LT, and Osemele was a dominant run blocking option but was a pretty below average pass blocker.

You wonder what the difference is for Flacco from the beginning of the season to the slump to now? The OL... when Flacco has blocking, he can thread the needle with the best of them. Even when he played in one of the least creative offensive systems in today's modern NFL where the receivers consistently ran only three route combinations the entire game (comeback, out, and 9 route) he still could put up numbers. Caldwell has opened up the passing attack to include middle of the field throws and its essentially led to Flacco torching even better defenses behind his improved OL.

Flacco is a top 6-11 QB at this point. Obviously he'll need to come into next season throwing diamonds for any grades to end this season to be completely justified, but as of right now... he's out-dueled two GOATs and one GOAT prospect. If he's able to beat that stingy 49ers defense with any success than that definitely legitimizes Flacco to be on the higher end of this spectrum closer to 6-8, where Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, and Big Ben reside... with less emphasis on Matt Ryan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: