Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

iRaMs "Do you even Mock?"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Oh and Lane Johnson isn't "potentially very good". You're full of it if you're trying to argue that. His potential is through the roof.
How in the world is there anything wrong with saying he is "Potentially very good"? You have just stated that your ranking of him is based Majorily on his Potential as a LT. How is that anything other than "Potentially Very good"?

The top half of NFL LTs are Good (sometimes Top 20), the Top 10-12 is Very good, and depending on the gap the Top 3-5 are Elite. You are going to fault me for not putting Lane's potential in the Top echelon of NFL LTs? Thats a joke. Just because I dont have him in the Joe Thomas, Ryan Clady, Duane Brown level doesnt mean he is some bust

I'll fault you for saying he doesn't have that potential.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I might care if I actually put stock in what the media thinks. I've seen Johnson at RT. He's more than capable of playing it...especially after he gets in a NFL S&C program.

This keeps being said but I don't get it. Every player is going to get into a NFL S&C program. Why would Johnson's gains in strength not be offset by everyone else's gains?

The simple answer is that some programs better equip their guys. For example, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Florida, Alabama, etc. are known for putting out very pro ready prospects who are typically maxed out in terms of weight. They have such good S&C programs there that the players don't have much room to gain.

With a guy like Johnson, that would typically be true at OU but being a guy who came from a JC as a QB and started out as a TE at OU with only 2 years at OT, he hasn't had the time to max his frame out. Which means there's still a lot of growth potential.

That's something you typically will notice in scouting reports. People will note if a player has growth potential and that's seen as a major positive. Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson are both seen as guys with growth potential. Both are seen as players who have the frame to add 10 to 20 pounds of weight on it without it hindering them.

81_80_39_28_10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I might care if I actually put stock in what the media thinks. I've seen Johnson at RT. He's more than capable of playing it...especially after he gets in a NFL S&C program.

This keeps being said but I don't get it. Every player is going to get into a NFL S&C program. Why would Johnson's gains in strength not be offset by everyone else's gains?

Because he has the frame to add more weight and other players don't. Some guys' frame is already maxed out and have no more room to grow physically. Johnson does not have that problem at all.

Not long ago, he wasn't even playing OL. When he made the switch is when he started to add weight. It's not as if he has been at this weight for a long time and hasn't been able to get bigger. He has gradually grown each year

Thanks Lionsmack for the sig!
iRaMs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I disagree with the people saying the Johnson pick is too high. I really like the mock. My only concern is not addressing the OG position. I think I'd add a mid round OG like Earl Watford or David Quessenberry.

Back to Johnson, he's proving at the Senior Bowl that he has all the measurables, athleticism and work ethic to be a great LT. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he gets picked before #16.

You should, the first four picks looks like it is copied and pasted from one or more of your recent drafts. Laughing

Crap someone caught on...

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I disagree with the people saying the Johnson pick is too high. I really like the mock. My only concern is not addressing the OG position. I think I'd add a mid round OG like Earl Watford or David Quessenberry.

Back to Johnson, he's proving at the Senior Bowl that he has all the measurables, athleticism and work ethic to be a great LT. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he gets picked before #16.

You should, the first four picks looks like it is copied and pasted from one or more of your recent drafts. Laughing

LOL, Jrry makes very convincing cases for the prospects he likes, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Well.....maybe Stedman Bailey, that could end up embarrassing. Seriously though, that guy is the definition of a mediocre prospect.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jjab360

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

LOL, Jrry makes very convincing cases for the prospects he likes, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Well.....maybe Stedman Bailey, that could end up embarrassing. Seriously though, that guy is the definition of a mediocre prospect.
Um, wait, what???

I know it shouldn't, but that just made me a little angry lol.

Please do yourself a favor and watch this video:
http://youtube.com/#/watch?v=ci2K1xx6bmQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dci2K1xx6bmQ

I mean seriously, that speed, that explosiveness, those hands.

Purely speaking as a wideout, he's a better receiver than Tavon Austin who many consider a first rounder.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Um, wait, what???

Purely speaking as a wideout, he's a better receiver than Tavon Austin who many consider a first rounder.

Because you put "purely as a wideout", I may be inclined to agree. However, I would take Austin at least a full round ahead of where I would consider Bailey.

It's pretty easy to look explosive in that system, especially with Tavon Austin drawing as much attention and top defenders as he does.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jjab360

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Um, wait, what???

Because you put "purely as a wideout", I may be inclined to agree. However, I would take Austin at least a full round ahead of where I would consider Bailey.

It's pretty easy to look explosive in that system, especially with Tavon Austin drawing as much attention and top defenders as he does.

This response and the fact that you aren't drooling on your keyboard right now makes me think that you didn't actually watch the video. And that makes me sad. Sad

Make no mistake, I realize that his stats are inflated due to his situation, but not many, if any, other WRs in recent years have Bailey's skillset and playmaking abilities. He is what Kendall Wright was supposed to be.

And that's just one of my WR mancrushes in this draft.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I stand by it. I guess we'll see. I'm not perfect but I have a pretty strong track record with WRs. Although I do have an occasional miss(Salas, Greg).

nodefense

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
Great mock... my favorite one yet actually.

Just wish we would've gotten an interior lineman in there somewhere.

I like it too. Saffold to RT
iRaMs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

What is there to be ashamed of?? It took me about 2 hours to do this, I kept scratching names off and adding. I had originally us Taking Eric Fisher at 16, but I think he will not be there for us. And Terrance Williams is somebody who just recently started to grow on me. It would've been Keenan Allen, but I changed my mind. As for Stedman, it originally was going to be Aaron Dobson who I have a pretty big man crush on. However, Stedman offers a lot as a receiver and in the return game.

Stedman is mediocre? NO that title belongs to Kenny Vaccaro.

jjab360

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
*Sigh*... One way or the other, you people are woefully misinformed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
*Sigh*... One way or the other, you people are woefully misinformed.
Or Ive actually opened my eyes durring a longhorns game
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't share any love for Vaccarro, but the scouts who are paid to evaluate talent love him. There must be something there, but I have not seen it.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
iRaMs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

Yeah, I addressed that in my explanation though with me saying I think Rok will take over the LG position and we keep the kinda useful Dahl on our roster. Plus, we have the secret weapon Brandon Washington on our P-squad....

Game day box go boom.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: