Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the Saints starting D lineup: (UPDATED)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Predict the Saints starting D lineup: (UPDATED) Reply with quote

UPDATED!!!

LE: Akiem Hicks
Could be the next Richard Seymour in this scheme.

NT: Brodrick Bunkley
Was rated the NFLís top run stuffer when Denver lined him up directly over the center.

RE: Cam Jordan
Dominated this position in the college ranks, will look to do the same in the NFL.

SOLB: Junior Galette
Amazing athlete, will be the most improved player due to this switch.

SILB: Curtis Lofton
Lofton will be a tackling machine no matter what defense heís in.

WILB: Jonathan Casillas
With Lofton playing the run stuffing role, Casillas is a perfect fit as the coverage backer on the inside.

WOLB: Martez Wilson
Physical freak, finally gets to showcase his skills at a position that takes advantage of his ability.

CB: Corey White
Was turning the corner before his injury last season, will get his shot this year.

FS: Malcolm Jenkins
Embattled leader gets his chance to show last season was more about the scheme than the player.

SS: Isa Abdul-Quddus
Like Galette, this former UDFA has paid his dues and will look to replace a long time veteran.

CB: Patrick Robinson
Talented cover corner, will look to finally put it all together in 2013.

NICKEL: Jabari Greer
Veteran corner restructures and kicks back inside to the position he made a name for himself at in Buffalo.

WHODAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o

Last edited by whodatworm23 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:38 am; edited 2 times in total
wow_junky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't argue with your front 7, I'd really like us to address DRE, SOLB & DT depth in the draft though

As for the secondary, I'd go with:

FS: Quddus
SS: Harper
CB: Robinson
CB: Greer/Mack

With some CB depth added from the draft
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:
Can't argue with your front 7, I'd really like us to address DRE, SOLB & DT depth in the draft though

Ummm, what about Corey White?

^NS922 on the sig^
wow_junky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
wow_junky wrote:

hasn't done a thing to warrant a start over Robinson or Greer, and Mack was solid enough as a number 3 CB
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe somewhere with Jarvis Jones/ Alec Ogletree in the mix somewhere. Doubt Jones drops to us though, but it is wishful thinking.

2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson

Keenan Lewis
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
Maybe somewhere with Jarvis Jones/ Alec Ogletree in the mix somewhere. Doubt Jones drops to us though, but it is wishful thinking.

Just got this felling 101... Saints will clear enough cap to get us under the number, we'll release some high profile veteran defenders in the process. The team will look to give there young guys an oppertunity to compete and all jobs defensivly will be up for grabs with the exception of MLB & FS. I think the little money the Saints are able to open up for free agents will go to resigning Bushrod. I don't see him getting a mega deal but they will give him fair market value and keep him. Drew Brees will likely rework his deal along with Evans with the idea that the freed money will keep Bushrod onboard.

The Saints will go defense in round one but it's questionable whether they will land a day one starter though...

jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:
wow_junky wrote:

hasn't done a thing to warrant a start over Robinson or Greer, and Mack was solid enough as a number 3 CB

First off... dude is/was a rookie. Secondly, he got better each game he played. Third, Mack got the shot after White's injury. My point: A healthy Corey White is a great 3 CB option maybe a no. 2 or even maybe a FS.

^NS922 on the sig^
lifeinthaboot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm, when you going to edit this?
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:
Worm, when you going to edit this?

Soon... once the trembling stops!!! Laughing

tdcreator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping for this last year. I think Smith will be renegotiated and moved inside ( he's plenty big enough and stout against the run). So here's my guess
Galette, Smith, Bunkley, Jordan, Wilson (Johnson, and Hicks rotation)
Lofton, Hawthorn. (I think Vilma is gone)
Robinson, Jenkins, Quddus, White (Greer I think is gone though I'd like to keep and Harper renegotiated and is backup/obvious running play)

As for D coordinator go get the 49ers D-line coach as coordinator and bring DB coach with him. Vitt is staying at LB (I'm sure but not happy about).

Draft a NT and corner with the first 2 picks and a DE/LB tweeter later. On offense draft a tackle and TE and I'll be a happy camper.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Predict the Saints starting D lineup: (UPDATED) Reply with quote

UPDATED

Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, just last night I was thinking that Casillas is a PERFECT fit as a 3-4 ILB. He played this year as a 3rd down pass rushing/coverage OLB and he could do the same as an ILB. This defense is going to improve so much in a 3-4, I'm ecstatic.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Funny, just last night I was thinking that Casillas is a PERFECT fit as a 3-4 ILB. He played this year as a 3rd down pass rushing/coverage OLB and he could do the same as an ILB. This defense is going to improve so much in a 3-4, I'm ecstatic.

I guess that I am the only one here who thought that Castillas was too small for OLB...he will be WAY too small for ILB. He is going to have a heck of a time filling running lanes. I think that he is a good fit for nickle and dime situations...but absolutely NOT in our base 3-4.

I honestly think that Dion Jordan in the 1st would make the most sense. He could play opposite of Galette (unlike Ansah who would play the same position). That would allow Martez Willson to move inside where he looks most comfortable. I remember that last in the 2011-2012 season, GW played a ton of 3-4 to get Martez Wilson on the field. He did practically all of his damage playing ILB. He was absolutely deadly rushing up the middle. He was too quick and STRONG for centers and guards. I remember that he bullrushed a center back into the QB once.

My ideal front 7
DE: Cam Jordan
NT: Bunkley
DT: Hicks

OLB: Galette
ILB: Lofton
ILB: Wilson
OLB: Dion Jordan

I have no clue what the Saints are going to do to address their safety issue. I'm not going to spend any brain cells on that one.

I don't care who starts at CB...I am just hoping that the Saints have at least two good ones. That would be two more than they had last season.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love that front 7, Sammy. Two different starting safeties and I'd be extremely happy with that D.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

I guess that I am the only one here who thought that Castillas was too small for OLB...he will be WAY too small for ILB. He is going to have a heck of a time filling running lanes. I think that he is a good fit for nickle and dime situations...but absolutely NOT in our base 3-4.

I honestly think that Dion Jordan in the 1st would make the most sense. He could play opposite of Galette (unlike Ansah who would play the same position). That would allow Martez Willson to move inside where he looks most comfortable. I remember that last in the 2011-2012 season, GW played a ton of 3-4 to get Martez Wilson on the field. He did practically all of his damage playing ILB. He was absolutely deadly rushing up the middle. He was too quick and STRONG for centers and guards. I remember that he bullrushed a center back into the QB once.

My ideal front 7
DE: Cam Jordan
NT: Bunkley
DT: Hicks

OLB: Galette
ILB: Lofton
ILB: Wilson
OLB: Dion Jordan

I have no clue what the Saints are going to do to address their safety issue. I'm not going to spend any brain cells on that one.

I don't care who starts at CB...I am just hoping that the Saints have at least two good ones. That would be two more than they had last season.

This league is all about matchups and getting the best unit you can on the field. Having said that I am firmly set on the DION JORDAN at 15 please. In the 34 we need another outside edge rusher to go with Wilson and Galette. Both should benefit from the switch but Jordan has the potential to develop into a gamechanger. Also Jordan and Wilson can play any linebacking position and can both be utilized all over the field making the defense more difficult to defend. I can hosent;y see a lot of situations where all three Galette, Wilson and Jordan are on the field at the same time with Lofton or Cassillas. Casillas by the way is a perfect Nickel backer in this scheme.

THe 49ers have their Smith brothers... I want our Jordan brothers!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: