Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Get Campbell, draft Geno Smith, keep Stanzi, seems obvious.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
It is such a myth that Geno is head and shoulders above these other QBs.

agreed.
Taylor916

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who do you guys think is better than Geno? I think wilson and that usc kid are dangerous picks due to their injuries. I know many like mike glennon who is one quarterback im not to familiar with but it sounds like he is a 50/50 chance on being a good starter. Geno has less bust potential. If we do go after glennon, we will wait till the second round and risk losing him and all the good quarterbacks in which case we will suck enough for manzel in 2014.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor916 wrote:
Who do you guys think is better than Geno? I think wilson and that usc kid are dangerous picks due to their injuries. I know many like mike glennon who is one quarterback im not to familiar with but it sounds like he is a 50/50 chance on being a good starter. Geno has less bust potential. If we do go after glennon, we will wait till the second round and risk losing him and all the good quarterbacks in which case we will suck enough for manzel in 2014.

I think there are about 5 QB who are all dangerous and they are all in the same tier. That is why I wouldn't take one until the 2nd round.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Get Campbell, draft Geno Smith, keep Stanzi, seems obvio Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Taylor916 wrote:
I heard Dorsey is big on taking the best player available which is stupid.

Our 2008 Draft class strongly disagrees with this.

BPA is fine as long as it takes into account positional value. I'm pretty sure GM's take that into consideration when going BPA. They're not really gonna go ILB, S, or 3-4 DE over a QB just because they are rated 5-8 spots higher overall.

The reason i'm not a big fan of strictly BPA is the draft is a crapshoot as it is, so unless there is a major difference between your options go with the one that can benefit your team more if he works out. There is no way these GM's that are going "BPA" will select a guy at a position of depth over a guy who they have ranked 3-4 spots lower who also fills a need. Drafting strait up BPA is fine only if you already have a QB.

I think if you need a QB and there is one available that you really like, that supersedes any BPA method. A good QB is always the "BPA"

Kyle, the Packers did draft Rodgers and Cobb with need in mind. they needed a QBOTF and Driver was old and they didn't have a speed or slot WR.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
BigChiefin336

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I might get blasted for this but I really like Tyler Bray from Tennessee. Would love to be able to trade down for Millner in the 1st and pick Bray up in the 2nd. Also wouldn't mind trading a draft pick for Flynn or Smith to compete with Bray for the starting QB job.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigChiefin336 wrote:
I think I might get blasted for this but I really like Tyler Bray from Tennessee. Would love to be able to trade down for Millner in the 1st and pick Bray up in the 2nd. Also wouldn't mind trading a draft pick for Flynn or Smith to compete with Bray for the starting QB job.

My favorite Quarterbacks in this draft are Nassib and Wilson. I would take both of them over Geno. As the draft process goes on I would not be surprised if Geno ends up being the 3rd or 4th QB off the board in this draft.
Taylor916

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the only thing guaranteed about the draft is that it will change 10 times over before it gets here. I dont know much about Tyler Bray. If we go other than Geno, I think we should take two stabs at qb, especially if we get an extra third via compensatiry. If we do not take a qb number 1 then trade down is best but I still want Geno.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor916 wrote:
That's the only thing guaranteed about the draft is that it will change 10 times over before it gets here. I dont know much about Tyler Bray. If we go other than Geno, I think we should take two stabs at qb, especially if we get an extra third via compensatiry. If we do not take a qb number 1 then trade down is best but I still want Geno.

Bray has a 10 million dollar skill set and arm, but a two cent brain. If he impresses in interviews, he could go as early as the early 2nd round. No higher.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Get Campbell, draft Geno Smith, keep Stanzi, seems obvio Reply with quote

Taylor916 wrote:
I heard Dorsey is big on taking the best player available which is stupid..

Taking the best player available is stupid? That makes zero sense to me. How can taking....the best player available.....be considered.....stupid?
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
Rumless wrote:
It is such a myth that Geno is head and shoulders above these other QBs.

agreed.

Also agree. Just like Alex Smith was the best QB in 2005... Not saying Geno isn't a legitimate pro prospect, just not willing to dub him the best in this year's class yet.

My theory: there's an Aaron Rodgers type of guy (I use that term loosely) in this draft. The challenge is identifying him.

`
Rumless

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring of Fame wrote:
Taylor916 wrote:
I heard Dorsey is big on taking the best player available which is stupid..

Taking the best player available is stupid? That makes zero sense to me. How can taking....the best player available.....be considered.....stupid?

I have a feeling this is a half-finished thought. Maybe. Probably not.

Ring of Fame wrote:
My theory: there's an Aaron Rodgers type of guy (I use that term loosely) in this draft. The challenge is identifying him.

That's definitely Dysert. Dysert's above Glennon and Nassib for sure.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Garrard to Campbell, he really impressed me in the limited time we saw him on Hard Knocks last year.

Smith and Garrard, along with Stanzi and probably Tanney would be my likely training camp group. Possibly Tanney could be replaced with a 2nd QB drafted, we saw the Redskins do it last year and we've seen Dorsey do it in GB (Flynn and Brohm). It's a realistic possiblity.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
henry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jason campbell!!!!!! are you serious
did you see him fill in for cutler this year?

I'd love to be able to get tyler wilson in rd2 but will need to trade up
i like Werner with 1st overall - the next JJ Watt
PhillyChief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Taylor916 wrote:

Bray has a 10 million dollar skill set and arm, but a two cent brain. If he impresses in interviews, he could go as early as the early 2nd round. No higher.

Agreed 100%. Living in TN, I've become a huge fan of the guy's play, but he has a bit of Vick/Leaf maturity issues. If we could somehow trade down, pick up a quality ILB or CB, and use an extra pick in the second on him...it's a win. The guy has more potential than any QB in the draft.
Taylor916

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was saying taking the best player available when there is a good player available at a crucial most needed position is stupid unless that best player available is of the position crucially needed. To take some defensive lineman or ILB number 1 instead of the best quarterback is dumb. I guess if jason campbell played bad I missed it but I just like the idea of bringing in geno smith with a half way decent veteran. If we were to land flynn or alex smith and take some other decent rookie or even 2, I would like that. Trading a number 2 for a good qb and then trading back on our number 1 would be great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: