Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders hire Greg Olson to be OC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raidin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Quote:
Q: Obviously, the zone-blocking scheme last year did not work for McFadden, so you're saying you apply the offense to your personnel?
A: Yeah, no question. And what do they do well? What type of runners do we have? What type of blockers do we have up front? And I think you have to base your scheme…upon that, as opposed to coming in and saying, This is what I do and this is what I've done. You've got to take a look at your personnel and find out what they do best and try to build upon those strengths.

nice he is saying all the right things

Thing is if you look at the type of runners (namely McFadden) we have and the type of blockers, they don't seem to match. I guess something will have to be done personnel wise one way or another. And since Mcfadden seems to be in their plans, the changes will probably come on the offensive line.

He had one hell of a 6 games with Veldheer and Wiz on the line, so they are fine. As for the rest of em, personally IDGAF about a single one of them being here.

fixed that for you.

Can they or can they not block in a PBS?

Not sure, they sucked when Bush was in.

Or maybe Bush is overrated? Or maybe the offense line has three others on it? Just stop dude

Line still had the same 3 for McFadden.
TheAutumnWind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... don't know if anyone else caught it... but Steve Wyche just asked DA Live on NFL AM what we were gonna do to shore up our Offensive Coordinator position??? Laughing whoops... guess were not that relevant anymore Wink
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAutumnWind wrote:
LOL... don't know if anyone else caught it... but Steve Wyche just asked DA Live on NFL AM what we were gonna do to shore up our Offensive Coordinator position??? Laughing whoops... guess were not that relevant anymore Wink

very weak media effort that
TheAutumnWind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
TheAutumnWind wrote:

very weak media effort that

Yup... after the decade we've endured... u just learn to laugh that off Very Happy
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Quote:
Q: Obviously, the zone-blocking scheme last year did not work for McFadden, so you're saying you apply the offense to your personnel?
A: Yeah, no question. And what do they do well? What type of runners do we have? What type of blockers do we have up front? And I think you have to base your scheme…upon that, as opposed to coming in and saying, This is what I do and this is what I've done. You've got to take a look at your personnel and find out what they do best and try to build upon those strengths.

Thing is if you look at the type of runners (namely McFadden) we have and the type of blockers, they don't seem to match. I guess something will have to be done personnel wise one way or another. And since Mcfadden seems to be in their plans, the changes will probably come on the offensive line.

He had one hell of a 6 games with Veldheer and Wiz on the line, so they are fine. As for the rest of em, personally IDGAF about a single one of them being here.

fixed that for you.

Or maybe Bush is overrated? Or maybe the offense line has three others on it? Just stop dude

The line wasnt that bad with Bush, and he had some really good games that year. I think the biggest issue was in the final 10 weeks, all our other RBs had 32 combined carries. I dont think Bush is necessarily overrated, I just dont think he was cut out for a lead back role with so little rest. IIRC, there was also a lack of variety when it came to calling run plays when Bush took over. I vaguely remember a ton of straight up the gut runs over and over again. Thats not a recipe for success.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Raidin wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Quote:

fixed that for you.

The line wasnt that bad with Bush, and he had some really good games that year. I think the biggest issue was in the final 10 weeks, all our other RBs had 32 combined carries. I dont think Bush is necessarily overrated, I just dont think he was cut out for a lead back role with so little rest. IIRC, there was also a lack of variety when it came to calling run plays when Bush took over. I vaguely remember a ton of straight up the gut runs over and over again. Thats not a recipe for success.

Not to mention for a few games he was the only active RB IIRC, or he just didn't share carries at all. Either way, he would definitely get winded and become less productive as the game went on.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAutumnWind wrote:

How did he answer that?
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
I dont think Bush is necessarily overrated, I just dont think he was cut out for a lead back role with so little rest. IIRC, there was also a lack of variety when it came to calling run plays when Bush took over. I vaguely remember a ton of straight up the gut runs over and over again. Thats not a recipe for success.

You're correct but that has a lot to do with Bush ineffectiveness running off tackle.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
TheAutumnWind wrote:

How did he answer that?

The video was posted in the senior bowl thread, but I think it's funny that they edited that part out of the interview when they replayed it on NFL Network
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Quote:

fixed that for you.

If you really think Wiz and Veldheer are not worth having around, which you are implying, then go ahead and think that. Thank Christ you're not our GM too. They are two of the better young o linemen in the league.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jv and wiz are our best o-linemen and great building blocks for us. wth? people wanna get rid of jv and wiz now. Laughing

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Django

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
jv and wiz are our best o-linemen and great building blocks for us. wth? people wanna get rid of jv and wiz now. Laughing

Laughing
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't want to start a new thread about Pryor so I threw it in here since it mentions Olson:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/raiders-want-see-pryor-232840287--nfl.html

Props to JTagg for the sig

JTagg7754 wrote:
...This is a pointless thread that I popped in to add nothing to...

raidr4life wrote:
Carr made you eat crow bro, no way around that
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
Didn't want to start a new thread about Pryor so I threw it in here since it mentions Olson:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/raiders-want-see-pryor-232840287--nfl.html

nice read, Olson sounds like he is going to give TP a fair chance - which is what everyone deserves (don't think he had that last season)
Darbsk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/2/13/3987220/big-plans-for-darren-mcfadden-marcel-reece-in-oakland-raiders-new-offense

Quote:
"To me, Carson is a pocket passer. So you're looking at heavy play action, push the ball down the field that way and you're looking at tailoring some of the gap scheme stuff for Darren McFadden where he's able to hit the ball going downhill. Those two go hand in hand, the downhill gap scheme and the hard sell play action to me fit those players if those are the players we're looking at."

Looks like a heavy dose of playaction and downhill running, I like that he values Reece aswell, I'm optimistic we'll see a dominating ground game in 2013 Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 24 of 28

Jump to: