Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nose Tackle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joutman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Nose Tackle Reply with quote

I am wondering if any of you think Buffalo might want to use their first or 2nd for a nose tacle. Star Lotulei will obviously be off the board but Hankins or Jenkins will be available at 8. I am beginning to think if we plan to switch schemes around it might not be a bad idea snagging one of them. Thoughts? I do not think we can expect Troup to be the answer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we aren't going back to the 3-4, and we've got two of the best DT's in the game in Marcel and Kyle Williams so. I'm going to say noooooo.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I think its Jones, Te'o, or Ryan Nassib at 8.. Milliner could work as well.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a big risk taking one of those guys at 8 when we have three other glaring holes to fill ahead of that. I think we can add a vetran in free agency and maybe draft one late. A guy that I like is Kwame Gathers from Georgia gets over shadowed some from playing next to John Jenkins but is a big body that can clog up the middle.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nassib, Wilson, Milliner, Banks, Jones. Those are the guys I feel are the most realistic options.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to the NT if the bills are doing a hybrid they will use what they got. Alot of you dont realize that the bills still have troup he is finally back to 100% since college no more back pains nagging him so he can be the NT for the time they are in the 3-4 package. I dont see Milliner nor Loteu guy (however you spell it) Te'o was nonexistent in the BCS championship and I want to see more of him and the whole issue with the nonexistent girlfriend is a bit out there. The best option is DE or LB. I really think Jones would be the best fit since he can play like von miller in the 4-3 and then play olb in the 3-4 as a pass rusher. He is very versatile even with a neck issue.

Nassib Glennon and any other qb is not worth taking in the top part of the 1st round i see the bills either staying put in the 2nd or even moving up to the end of the 1st but i do not see them reaching Nix doesnt do that sort of thing. if you havent noticed its BPA and i see him sticking to that.

Thanks Max
AnafiWhat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if they want a real 3-4 type nose tackle, they give Troup a shot at the job or sign someone like Aubrayo Franklin to back up Dareus and Williams in the 4-3 and then he can man the nose when those two split out to the ends in a 3-4.

I think what they'll end up really doing is using K.Williams at the nose in a 3-4, and putting Dareus and M.Williams at the ends.
thenewbuffalogm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the move is drafting a college kid like AJ Francis from Maryland 6'5 320 who has played NT and End in 3-4, and DT in 4-3 during his Maryland career.
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are only using a 30 on occasion, I am fine with Dareus manning the nose while Williams and Carrington play the ends. If Troup is healthy, great. If not, I wasn't counting on him any way. As for drafting a guy, pure space eaters can be found in the middle to late rounds. The only guys who go real early are elite penetrators or uber athletic space eaters.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills need help at DT not necissarily a NT they need depth. After Dareus and williams you have Carrington and thats really it. They have troup but you cant count much on him since he has been injured since being drafted. So the jury is still out on him and cant hope for him to stay healthy. I see the bills adding more depth there and an NT could be to sore up the option of having both 3-4 and 4-3 front.

If the bills go BPA and if some how Lotuleilei is there which i doubt but I would be all for the bills getting him even if they need an LB and Qb.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: