Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

iRaMs "Do you even Mock?"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iRaMs


Joined: 05 May 2010
Posts: 4223
Location: Teletran 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: iRaMs "Do you even Mock?" Reply with quote

Free Agents

Chris Ivory

Jared Cook

ReSign

William Hayes

Darian Stewart

Jermelle Cudjo

Danny Amendola

Robert Turner

Cuts/Let Go

Quintin Mikell

Steven Jackson

Brandon Gibson

Craig Dahl

Steve Smith

DRAFT

1. Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

1. Terrance Williams WR Baylor

2. D.J. Swearinger S South Carolina

3. Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia

4. Everette Dawkins DT FSU

5. Nico Johnson OLB Alabama

6. Micah Hyde CB/S Iowa

7. Zach Line SMU

Now for the explanations, I really think that Steven will test free agency and end up signing with a contender. I do not think we will bring back Gibson or anyone I have us cutting.

Free agents I kept it small because I believe that we won't be that active in it. However I could be wrong, now with bringing in Ivory I love the way he plays football. He just loves to hit people and is an underrated runner. Jared Cook just has way too much potential to pass up on. Him paired with Kendricks and we have a very good # 1 and 2 TE's.

The draft. Some may question the lack of me selecting a guard, but I think Warmack will be gone before our pick and that Rok is more than capable of being our LG(plus we still have Brandon Washington on our roster). I am a huge fan of D.J. Swearinger, he is really good in coverage and he is more than capable of coming down from his safety spot and just dominate any opposing runners. I have us taking Terrance Williams and Stedman Bailey as our receivers because I believe they are what this team needs. Terrance as our #1 and Bailey just because he is so much fun to watch and can instantly improve our Return game. Everettte Dawkins is really one of my favorite prospects in this years draft. He is stout against run and has potential to be a good penetrator in a rotation. Nico Johnson I think is more than capable of becoming our SLB very quick and good in coverage. Micah Hyde I just flat out love, he can play either CB or S for us versatile secondary player. Zach Line when I watch him play I think he could be a very good FB in our system. Some may prefer Lonnie Pryor( who I also like). However I went with Line.

Well ladies and gents I hope you enjoy the mock and please leave me some feedback.

Discussion begins now!
_________________
Jared Cook: MIA

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ctp2124


Joined: 15 Jan 2011
Posts: 1282
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think that 16 is too high for Johnson. I really like everything else though.

I disagree with Steven signing with a contender. I think he believes that we will be a contender and the only way he doesn't resign with us is if we don't want him back (a very realistic option).
_________________

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4607
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with Johnson. Im fine with the Johnson pick but its a little too high. Everything else isnt bad
_________________
2015 QB Rankings:

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 48548
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with the people saying the Johnson pick is too high. I really like the mock. My only concern is not addressing the OG position. I think I'd add a mid round OG like Earl Watford or David Quessenberry.

Back to Johnson, he's proving at the Senior Bowl that he has all the measurables, athleticism and work ethic to be a great LT. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he gets picked before #16.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7746
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I disagree with the people saying the Johnson pick is too high. I really like the mock. My only concern is not addressing the OG position. I think I'd add a mid round OG like Earl Watford or David Quessenberry.

Back to Johnson, he's proving at the Senior Bowl that he has all the measurables, athleticism and work ethic to be a great LT. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he gets picked before #16.
So what do we do with Saffold?

If Johnson had what it takes to be a "Great LT" he would be in conversations with Fisher & Joeckel. He looks like a "Good LT" which is exactly what we have in Saffold, sorry not much of an upgrade to me. Waste of a pick if thats where we go at 16
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
81_80_39_28_10


Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Posts: 2229
Location: KCMO
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I disagree with the people saying the Johnson pick is too high. I really like the mock. My only concern is not addressing the OG position. I think I'd add a mid round OG like Earl Watford or David Quessenberry.

Back to Johnson, he's proving at the Senior Bowl that he has all the measurables, athleticism and work ethic to be a great LT. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he gets picked before #16.
So what do we do with Saffold?

If Johnson had what it takes to be a "Great LT" he would be in conversations with Fisher & Joeckel. He looks like a "Good LT" which is exactly what we have in Saffold, sorry not much of an upgrade to me. Waste of a pick if thats where we go at 16


Not necessarily. He isn't as polished as them because he hasn't been playing the position as long. That's why he isn't in the conversation with them. He does have the upside to be a Great LT.

Menelik Watson is another example of a guy who could be a really good OT but he is even less polished than Lane Johnson.
_________________


Thanks Lionsmack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
STLRamsFan99


Joined: 17 Aug 2012
Posts: 1422
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the idea of taking Johnson at #16, he is still somewhat raw and needs to add about 20 lbs. He seems more like a LT than a RT in my opinion. Not a fan of taking Williams at #22 at this point either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ctp2124


Joined: 15 Jan 2011
Posts: 1282
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

81_80_39_28_10 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I disagree with the people saying the Johnson pick is too high. I really like the mock. My only concern is not addressing the OG position. I think I'd add a mid round OG like Earl Watford or David Quessenberry.

Back to Johnson, he's proving at the Senior Bowl that he has all the measurables, athleticism and work ethic to be a great LT. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he gets picked before #16.
So what do we do with Saffold?

If Johnson had what it takes to be a "Great LT" he would be in conversations with Fisher & Joeckel. He looks like a "Good LT" which is exactly what we have in Saffold, sorry not much of an upgrade to me. Waste of a pick if thats where we go at 16


Not necessarily. He isn't as polished as them because he hasn't been playing the position as long. That's why he isn't in the conversation with them. He does have the upside to be a Great LT.

Menelik Watson is another example of a guy who could be a really good OT but he is even less polished than Lane Johnson.


If we are taking a tackle at 16 I'd want him to be already polished and not have the caveat that he needs to get stronger. It's not a guarantee that he will just put on 20 pounds of muscle.
_________________

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jjab360


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 4206
Location: On Top
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mock... my favorite one yet actually.

Just wish we would've gotten an interior lineman in there somewhere.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 48548
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
81_80_39_28_10 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I disagree with the people saying the Johnson pick is too high. I really like the mock. My only concern is not addressing the OG position. I think I'd add a mid round OG like Earl Watford or David Quessenberry.

Back to Johnson, he's proving at the Senior Bowl that he has all the measurables, athleticism and work ethic to be a great LT. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he gets picked before #16.
So what do we do with Saffold?

If Johnson had what it takes to be a "Great LT" he would be in conversations with Fisher & Joeckel. He looks like a "Good LT" which is exactly what we have in Saffold, sorry not much of an upgrade to me. Waste of a pick if thats where we go at 16


Not necessarily. He isn't as polished as them because he hasn't been playing the position as long. That's why he isn't in the conversation with them. He does have the upside to be a Great LT.

Menelik Watson is another example of a guy who could be a really good OT but he is even less polished than Lane Johnson.


If we are taking a tackle at 16 I'd want him to be already polished and not have the caveat that he needs to get stronger. It's not a guarantee that he will just put on 20 pounds of muscle.


If you're talking a LT with his length, athleticism and upside...you're not getting him if he's polished with a filled out frame. That type of player goes top 5.

It's not a guarantee he puts on that weight but that would be more of an indictment of either his work ethic or our S&C staff if anything. He has plenty of growth potential on his frame and is far from maxed out. He's only been at OT for two years. This is a kid that can be unbelievable with the right coaching.

I'm glad that he needs to add weight and needs polish because it might just give us a shot at him.

StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I disagree with the people saying the Johnson pick is too high. I really like the mock. My only concern is not addressing the OG position. I think I'd add a mid round OG like Earl Watford or David Quessenberry.

Back to Johnson, he's proving at the Senior Bowl that he has all the measurables, athleticism and work ethic to be a great LT. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he gets picked before #16.
So what do we do with Saffold?

If Johnson had what it takes to be a "Great LT" he would be in conversations with Fisher & Joeckel. He looks like a "Good LT" which is exactly what we have in Saffold, sorry not much of an upgrade to me. Waste of a pick if thats where we go at 16


Well, we have him put on his pads and walk out on the field to the LT position. Johnson has starting experience at both LT and RT. Has even played both at times this year. He's versatile. He needs development. Develop him as a starter at RT in 2013 and if we deem Saffold not worth an extension, flip him to LT in 2014.

No, he wouldn't be in that conversation. He's far more raw and he needs to add weight/functional strength.

Your logic is complete crap. Duane Brown went late 1st round for the many of the same reasons a few years ago despite having potential to be a dominant LT...guess what...he's one of the NFL's best LTs.

Waste of a pick? I don't see how getting a guy who can be a great OT is ever a waste of a pick. We do need a RT...
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7746
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I disagree with the people saying the Johnson pick is too high. I really like the mock. My only concern is not addressing the OG position. I think I'd add a mid round OG like Earl Watford or David Quessenberry.

Back to Johnson, he's proving at the Senior Bowl that he has all the measurables, athleticism and work ethic to be a great LT. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he gets picked before #16.
So what do we do with Saffold?

If Johnson had what it takes to be a "Great LT" he would be in conversations with Fisher & Joeckel. He looks like a "Good LT" which is exactly what we have in Saffold, sorry not much of an upgrade to me. Waste of a pick if thats where we go at 16


Well, we have him put on his pads and walk out on the field to the LT position. Johnson has starting experience at both LT and RT. Has even played both at times this year. He's versatile. He needs development. Develop him as a starter at RT in 2013 and if we deem Saffold not worth an extension, flip him to LT in 2014.

No, he wouldn't be in that conversation. He's far more raw and he needs to add weight/functional strength.

Your logic is complete crap. Duane Brown went late 1st round for the many of the same reasons a few years ago despite having potential to be a dominant LT...guess what...he's one of the NFL's best LTs.

Waste of a pick? I don't see how getting a guy who can be a great OT is ever a waste of a pick. We do need a RT...
Everything that has been said about Johnson this week is that he looks good, but there is just about no way he is playing RT in the NFL.

And what if Saffold comes out this year as is damn good, is the LT that he has already shown he is, you just let him walk for a guy you Hope can be that good on the left side? No you dont, you re-sign him and make him your Blind Side protector. And then you have a light weight RT with suspect power, thats not what we want over there

Your logic is that we take a fail-safe with our 16th pick, and if we dont need him for LT then we fit a square peg into a round hole. Thats flawed logic. Now if you think Saffold cant be our LT that is a different discussion completely.

Your Duane Brown argument is very flawed, because I am agreeing that is the type of guy Johnson is. Potentially a Very Good LT in a Zone Blocking Scheme. You honestly think that Brown would be thought of as this good had he been thrown into a Power scheme even as a LT? Not at all, he took a while to get to even this level in the ZBS. Not to mention the Texans didnt have a LT in place already, and were at #26 so you can take that chance. There are only 2 OTs that you can argue Brown should have been taken in front of (out of 6) and even on that day he was thought to be a reach. You are nit picking of how Borwn turned out in the best system possible, not the scenario under which he was drafted.

I actually like Johnson as a prospect, but in the 20s, If I need a LT, and only if Im running a ZBS not a power scheme. None of those fit us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3936
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I disagree with the people saying the Johnson pick is too high. I really like the mock. My only concern is not addressing the OG position. I think I'd add a mid round OG like Earl Watford or David Quessenberry.

Back to Johnson, he's proving at the Senior Bowl that he has all the measurables, athleticism and work ethic to be a great LT. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he gets picked before #16.


You should, the first four picks looks like it is copied and pasted from one or more of your recent drafts. Laughing
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 48548
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Everything that has been said about Johnson this week is that he looks good, but there is just about no way he is playing RT in the NFL.


I might care if I actually put stock in what the media thinks. I've seen Johnson at RT. He's more than capable of playing it...especially after he gets in a NFL S&C program.

Quote:
And what if Saffold comes out this year as is damn good, is the LT that he has already shown he is, you just let him walk for a guy you Hope can be that good on the left side? No you dont, you re-sign him and make him your Blind Side protector. And then you have a light weight RT with suspect power, thats not what we want over there


Well, that might not be what you want but personally, I'm fine with it. If Saffold is damn good and we extend him, it sounds like a great dilemma to be in. We'd have two great pass protecting OTs. I'll sacrifice some power in the run game for that. But frankly, Johnson is a better run blocker than he's given credit for. Very physical, finishes blocks, plays through the whistle and is an excellent drive blocker. Really churns his legs once he locks on. This kid will have no issues on either side of the OL.

Quote:
Your logic is that we take a fail-safe with our 16th pick, and if we dont need him for LT then we fit a square peg into a round hole. Thats flawed logic. Now if you think Saffold cant be our LT that is a different discussion completely.


No. My logic is to take a player who can play either OT spot at #16 with the physical talent of a top 5 pick.

Quote:
Your Duane Brown argument is very flawed, because I am agreeing that is the type of guy Johnson is. Potentially a Very Good LT in a Zone Blocking Scheme. You honestly think that Brown would be thought of as this good had he been thrown into a Power scheme even as a LT? Not at all, he took a while to get to even this level in the ZBS. Not to mention the Texans didnt have a LT in place already, and were at #26 so you can take that chance. There are only 2 OTs that you can argue Brown should have been taken in front of (out of 6) and even on that day he was thought to be a reach. You are nit picking of how Borwn turned out in the best system possible, not the scenario under which he was drafted.


Yes. He would be. Brown is seen as an elite LT because he's an unbelievable pass blocker. Please explain to me how his pass blocking would suffer in a move from the ZBS to PBS.

Oh and Lane Johnson isn't "potentially very good". You're full of it if you're trying to argue that. His potential is through the roof.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7746
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Oh and Lane Johnson isn't "potentially very good". You're full of it if you're trying to argue that. His potential is through the roof.
How in the world is there anything wrong with saying he is "Potentially very good"? You have just stated that your ranking of him is based Majorily on his Potential as a LT. How is that anything other than "Potentially Very good"?

The top half of NFL LTs are Good (sometimes Top 20), the Top 10-12 is Very good, and depending on the gap the Top 3-5 are Elite. You are going to fault me for not putting Lane's potential in the Top echelon of NFL LTs? Thats a joke. Just because I dont have him in the Joe Thomas, Ryan Clady, Duane Brown level doesnt mean he is some bust
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ctp2124


Joined: 15 Jan 2011
Posts: 1282
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I might care if I actually put stock in what the media thinks. I've seen Johnson at RT. He's more than capable of playing it...especially after he gets in a NFL S&C program.


This keeps being said but I don't get it. Every player is going to get into a NFL S&C program. Why would Johnson's gains in strength not be offset by everyone else's gains?
_________________

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group