Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Draft Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is I don't see any receiver worth a top 15 pick, but it could be a blessing as the difference between the top guys and those that will be available in round 2 very minor. If the Dolphins can some how convince a team to trade up while they move back and add picks then I could see them taking a WR, but not at 12.

It seems the strength is the Front 7 and o-line and that is where the Dolphins should draft with this pick.....BPA....with so many holes they are bound to find a 10 year starter out what will be available with this pick.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about drafting Marcus lattimore late in the draft
fasel1515

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/football/miami-dolphins-among-teams-talking-to-honey-badger/nT5Wb/

Love it. Kids a playmaker. Absolutely need this kid in the later rounds of this draft. The slot corner position is must these days in this league. Our interior CB's are always getting abused and never make plays. Kid comes in and instantly takes Jimmy Wilson's spot. Need more playmakers in our secondary.
Manlaw15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fasel1515 wrote:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/football/miami-dolphins-among-teams-talking-to-honey-badger/nT5Wb/

Love it. Kids a playmaker. Absolutely need this kid in the later rounds of this draft. The slot corner position is must these days in this league. Our interior CB's are always getting abused and never make plays. Kid comes in and instantly takes Jimmy Wilson's spot. Need more playmakers in our secondary.

I'm all for drafting Tyrann Mathieu but i think he is going to go earlier than most are predicting. I'm guessing Miami will have to burn one of their 3rd round picks to get him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the Dolphins need safeties one guy to look at is Jonathan Cyprien....the guy is having a fantastic Senior Bowl....he has great size 6'1" 210 and from what I read has been one of the most impressive with his range.

Quote:
Jonathan Cyprien continued his impressive week with fantastic range. It seemed as though most of the quarterbacks knew where he was on 7 vs 7s and stayed away (wisely)." - Eric Galko, Optimum Scouting

Quote:
"Florida International safety Jonathan Cyprien continued his strong play coming across the field to break up a deep pass intended for Oregon State wide receiver Markus Wheaton." - Tom Melton, The Football Standard

I also like that he is a local guy....not sure where he will project, but he may be worth looking into.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucky Brooks has us taking Cordarrelle Patterson with our pick.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/bucky-brooks/160100

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm high on the last three guys in this thread. Love Patterson but I doubt he is the pick because I can't see him being a true impact guy from day one. The polished WR tend to fall to round two for the height/weight/speed guys. I like Matthieu because he is unique and a baller on gameday. I like Cyprien for the same thing.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
I'm high on the last three guys in this thread. Love Patterson but I doubt he is the pick because I can't see him being a true impact guy from day one. The polished WR tend to fall to round two for the height/weight/speed guys. I like Matthieu because he is unique and a baller on gameday. I like Cyprien for the same thing.

Cyprien could be a huge steal late in the draft....he did very well senior bowl week and assured himself of as least being drafted. If he tests well at the combine and his pro-day he may work his way into the middle rounds. Either way I hope the Phins take a good look at him for safety.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/02/01/nfl-rumors-miami-dolphins-will-look-to-reunite-ryan-swope-with-ryan-tannehill/

What round should we target swope if you were interested?

-Courtesy of bpastermack talking about John Beck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: