Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DS's RDE college watch list for the Browns.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
OT: Honeybadger will enter the draft

Very interesting

Where you guys got him going?

I bet some team takes him in the late 2nd, early 3rd

I predict a Vontaze Burfict collapse

Burflict had horrible film and his so called athleticism was not shown at the combine. He's also proving the NFL wrong. Honey Badger has A+ film to his game. He goes in the first 4 rounds.

VB had the size too... How many 5'8 DBs are in the league? Teams are looking for taller guys to combats taller receivers, o the other way around. His size is going to be a huge knock.

I think he is a kick returner, and #3 CB at best in the nfl.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tedhendricks.com/2012_FINALISTS.pdf

PRESS RELEASE
RELEASE DATE: 29 NOVEMBER 2012

2012 HENDRICKS AWARD FINALISTS ANNOUNCED
Chicago, IL –The Ted Hendricks Foundation is pleased to announce the finalists for the 2012 Ted Hendricks Defensive End of
the Year Award. Twenty players received votes in the preliminary round this season. Six have advanced to the final ballot.
This year’s finalists are as follows:

MORGAN BRESLIN – USC 6’2” 250 lbs JR
Breslin stepped into the gaping hole left by the departure of last year’s Hendricks award finalist Nick Perry. The results speak
for themselves. He is tied UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr for the conference lead in sacks with 12 and is tied for second in the
PAC-12 with 18 tackles for loss. Breslin came to USC this past s pring after leading all California Junior College players in sacks
and tackles for loss for two straight seasons. He was named a JC first team All-American after his second season at Diablo
Valley College in Pleasant Hills, CA.

CORNELIUS CARRADINE – FLORIDA STATE 6’5” 265 lbs SR
Carradine recorded 80 tackles, 11 sacks and 9 QB pressures this season – this after being called upon to replace Seminole star
Brandon Jenkins, who was lost for the season with a foot injury in week 1. Carradine has also now been lost for the ACC
Championship and subsequent bowl game after suffering a torn ACL vs Florida this past week. But his effect on the Seminoles
season cannot be forgotten. Carradine teamed with Bjoern Werner to form the most dominant defensive end duo in the nation
(combining for 24 sacks, 31 tackles for loss and 14 QB hurries).

JADEVEON CLOWNEY – SOUTH CAROLINA 6’8” 256 lbs SO
Clowney was named to the AFCA FBS Coaches’ All-America Team this week. He leads the nation in tackles for loss with 21.5,
and is tied for the NCAA lead with 13 sacks. He has also set new school standards for sacks in a single game (4.5 vs Clemson)
and sacks in a single season. Clowney was named the 2011 SEC Freshman of the Year by the league’s coaches after recording
eight sacks and 12 tackles for loss. He was named SEC Defensive lineman of the week three times in 2012. He is also a finalist
for the 2012 Nagurski Trophy, Lombardi Award and Bednarik Award.

SAM MONTGOMERY – LSU 6’5” 260 lbs JR
Montgomery has been regarded as one of the most dominant ends in the SEC for the past two seasons. He is now a two-time
Hendricks Award finalist, after making the list in 2011. The junior from Greenwood, SC nearly chose to play basketball and
football at North Carolina, after being a teenage club teammate of Washington Wizards guard John Wall. Montgomery was twice
selected the SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week this season. His 2012 totals include 32 tackles, 7 sacks, 12 tackles-for-loss
and one safety. Has played in all 24 games since a season-ending injury in 2010.

DAMONTRE MOORE – TEXAS A&M 6’4” 250 lbs JR
Moore made the switch from linebacker this season and is has paid off in a big way. He leads the Aggies in tackles (80), sacks
(12.5), tackles for loss (20), QB hurries (Cool and blocked kicks (2). The last Aggie lineman to lead his team in tackles was NFL Pro
Bowl end/tackle Sam Adams in 1993. Moore’s performance this season has earned him a spot on the AFCA FBS Coaches’ AllAmerica team and two selections as the SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week.

BJOERN WERNER – FLORIDA STATE 6’4” 255 lbs JR
Werner is the 2012 ACC Defensive Player of the Year. He is tied for first in the nation with 13 sacks and is second in the ACC in
tackles for loss (1Cool. A native of Berlin, Germany, Werner came to the United States as a high school exchange student and
attended Salisbury High in Connecticut. He has played in all 39 games since arriving at Florida State and has recorded 23.5
career sacks. Werner has also been recognized as one of the top student-athletes in his class. He joins Jadeveon Clowney as a
finalist for the 2012 Nagurski Trophy.

The final vote for 2012 Hendricks Award will be concluded on December 4th, and the winner will be announced December 5th.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
brownie man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think getting Carradine or Brandon Jenkins in say the 3rd round could be great for us. Both have first round talent so being able to draft one of these guys and stash them for later would be huge allowing us to get Teo or a Corner in the first.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
I think getting Carradine or Brandon Jenkins in say the 3rd round could be great for us. Both have first round talent so being able to draft one of these guys and stash them for later would be huge allowing us to get Teo or a Corner in the first.

Quanterus Smith of WKU is another injured reclamation project. BTW the earliest I'd draft an injured guy is the 4th round, JMOT.

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have no updated in a few weeks. I started the year with 60 prospect to watch in the preseason(which was a tough task by the way) and have narrowed it down slowly as some guys didn't have NFL talent and some are big 34 DE types or some linebackers like Jones or Van Noy. I have narrowed it down to 15 prospect I feel can help the Browns in the near future(year 1 or 2) all the others I feel are long term prospects. Here is my new list with comparisons for each.

1. Dion Jordan DE Oregon 6'7 243 11 Games 10.5 TFL 5.0 Sacks 3 FF Julian Peterson
2. Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M 6'4 250 12 Games 20.0 TFL 12.5 Sacks 1 FF John Abraham
3. Sam Montgomery DE LSU 6'5 260 12 Games 12.0 TFL 7.0 Sacks 1 FF Brian Orakpo
4. Bjoern Werner DE Florida State 6'4 255 12 Games 18.0 TFL 13.0 Sacks 1 FF Justin Houston
5. Scott Crichton DE Oregon State 6'3 265 12 Games 17.0 TFL 9.0 Sacks 1 FF LaMarr Woodley
6. Alex Okafor DE Texas 6'5 260 12 Games 12.0 TFL 8.0 Sacks 3 FF Calvin Pace
7. Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU 6'6 270 12 Games 13.0 TFL 4.5 Sacks 0 FF Jared Allen
8. Barkevious Mingo DE LSU 6'4 245 12 Games 5.5 TFL 4.0 Sacks 0 FF Manny Lawson
*9. Tank Carradine DE Florida State 6'5 265 12 Games 13.0 TFL 11.0 Sacks 1 FF Justin Tuck
*10. Jackson Jeffcoat DE Texas 6'4 245 6 Games 11.0 TFL 4.0 Sacks 2 FF Sergio Kindle
*11. Kareem Jackson DE North Carolina 6'6 270 12 Games 15.5 TFL 4.0 Sacks 1 FF Jamaal Anderson
*12. Travis Long DE Washington State 6'4 245 11 Games 13.0 TFL 9.5 Sacks 1 FF Mike Vrabel
13. Lavar Edwards DE LSU 6'5 258 12 Games 7.0 TFL 4.5 Sacks 0 FF Anthony Spencer
*14. Tourek Williams DE FIU 6'4 262 12 Games 14.5 TFL 6.5 Sacks 2 FF Jabaal Sheard
15. James Gayle DE Virginia Tech 6'4 269 12 Games 10.0 TFL 5.0 Sacks Brian Robison

The astrik means their season is over. The other 10 still have a bowl game to play.

Jamison on the sig
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come an Injured Tank Carradine makes your list but Q.Smith from WKU or N.Jenkins from FSU.

I'd have at least both between 10-15

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
How come an Injured Tank Carradine makes your list but Q.Smith from WKU or N.Jenkins from FSU.

Never been a fan of Jenkins. Very soft guy who plays the way you seem to think Dion Jordan plays(lets leave Dion out of the rest of our DE talks and agree to disagree on him).

I always though Smith was a 5th round talent even when he was putting up sack totals. I actually like Tourek Williams more from the same conference. Smith wouldn't be able to help us until year 3, 4 or later IMO.

In Tank Carradine's case he won't be able to help year one as he will just be getting over the ACL tear right around the deadline to bring players off PUP, however, I had him ranked in a tie for 3rd with Sam Montgomery with room to improve. If a player like him falls to the 3rd or 4th round you cannot justify passing on him.

I don't think Q. Smith is good enough you couldn't justify passing on him in the late rounds for other players with upside or special teams impact.

Jamison on the sig
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenkins IMO is the type of player Heckart has drafted befor in Philly a speed DE. The guy can bend it around the corner well and has a pretty good motor IMO.

Run D is the weak part of his game true.

Smith is raw but held up well against Alabama from what I saw of the tape on youtube* His pass rush moves aren't as strong as Jenkins IMO but he is stouter vs the run.

*Yeah I know but's not like I had access to the game film Evil or Very Mad

That and Jenkins is who'd target in the 3rd round to at least to replace parker and let him go from 3rd down RDE to everydown.

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been focusing on Ezekiel Ansah the last week. I am trying to figure out what many see in him to say he can rise to the Top 10. I have seen him flash in a few plays against inferrior compitition but thats about it. Notre Dame completely destroyed him on almost every snap. I do think he has some upside but the talks of a potential elite NFL pass rusher I don't see in the least.

Many are using Jason Pierre-Paul as evidence in the argument that Ansah is just raw the way JPP was coming out of South Florida. I went back and found a few games of JPP and the stuff on youtube. I found that it is a night and day difference. Its not even close as to who the superior prospect is as JPP had far better length, better hand usage, faaaaaaaar superior athletic ability, better counter moves, much more powerful and much quicker off the snap.

I have been a believer that Ezekiel Ansah's athletic ability has been overrated and watching JPP just put it over the top for me. He is not even close to the same athlete JPP was coming out and he is less refined as a player to boot. I will say I do see some things I like in Ansah but I believe he is more along the lines of Robert Ayers with a ceiling of Adalius Thomas.

I certainly wouldn't put a 1st round grade on him

Jamison on the sig
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Have no updated in a few weeks. I started the year with 60 prospect to watch in the preseason(which was a tough task by the way) and have narrowed it down slowly as some guys didn't have NFL talent and some are big 34 DE types or some linebackers like Jones or Van Noy. I have narrowed it down to 15 prospect I feel can help the Browns in the near future(year 1 or 2) all the others I feel are long term prospects. Here is my new list with comparisons for each.

1. Dion Jordan DE Oregon 6'7 243 11 Games 10.5 TFL 5.0 Sacks 3 FF Julian Peterson
2. Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M 6'4 250 12 Games 20.0 TFL 12.5 Sacks 1 FF John Abraham
3. Sam Montgomery DE LSU 6'5 260 12 Games 12.0 TFL 7.0 Sacks 1 FF Brian Orakpo

4. Bjoern Werner DE Florida State 6'4 255 12 Games 18.0 TFL 13.0 Sacks 1 FF Justin Houston
5. Scott Crichton DE Oregon State 6'3 265 12 Games 17.0 TFL 9.0 Sacks 1 FF LaMarr Woodley
6. Alex Okafor DE Texas 6'5 260 12 Games 12.0 TFL 8.0 Sacks 3 FF Calvin Pace
7. Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU 6'6 270 12 Games 13.0 TFL 4.5 Sacks 0 FF Jared Allen
8. Barkevious Mingo DE LSU 6'4 245 12 Games 5.5 TFL 4.0 Sacks 0 FF Manny Lawson
*9. Tank Carradine DE Florida State 6'5 265 12 Games 13.0 TFL 11.0 Sacks 1 FF Justin Tuck
*10. Jackson Jeffcoat DE Texas 6'4 245 6 Games 11.0 TFL 4.0 Sacks 2 FF Sergio Kindle
*11. Kareem Jackson DE North Carolina 6'6 270 12 Games 15.5 TFL 4.0 Sacks 1 FF Jamaal Anderson
*12. Travis Long DE Washington State 6'4 245 11 Games 13.0 TFL 9.5 Sacks 1 FF Mike Vrabel
13. Lavar Edwards DE LSU 6'5 258 12 Games 7.0 TFL 4.5 Sacks 0 FF Anthony Spencer
*14. Tourek Williams DE FIU 6'4 262 12 Games 14.5 TFL 6.5 Sacks 2 FF Jabaal Sheard
15. James Gayle DE Virginia Tech 6'4 269 12 Games 10.0 TFL 5.0 Sacks Brian Robison

The astrik means their season is over. The other 10 still have a bowl game to play.

I think if we came away with one of these 3, I would be pretty pumped. If you throw Te'o in the mix (obviously different position) I'm almost positive that at least 1 would be available where we are picking.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm officially on the Damontre Moore or Johnathan Banks bandwagon as our first pick

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I'm officially on the Damontre Moore or Johnathan Banks bandwagon as our first pick

Agreed

Moore won't be there

Banks will

what you think about Rhodes?

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was reading through this thread and didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle.

Lots of good points on probably where we will look early in the draft.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfl.com already has some player grades down up.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:dl

MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Never been a fan of Jenkins. Very soft guy who plays the way you seem to think Dion Jordan plays(lets leave Dion out of the rest of our DE talks and agree to disagree on him).

I always though Smith was a 5th round talent even when he was putting up sack totals. I actually like Tourek Williams more from the same conference. Smith wouldn't be able to help us until year 3, 4 or later IMO.

In Tank Carradine's case he won't be able to help year one as he will just be getting over the ACL tear right around the deadline to bring players off PUP, however, I had him ranked in a tie for 3rd with Sam Montgomery with room to improve. If a player like him falls to the 3rd or 4th round you cannot justify passing on him.

I don't think Q. Smith is good enough you couldn't justify passing on him in the late rounds for other players with upside or special teams impact.

I'll have to disagree with that statement, you don't just own Alabama's offensive line which is basically pro-ready (Especially Kouandijo who might be a Top 5 pick next year ) and continue that same production throughout the season (And miss two games) and lead the country in sacks. IMO I see a lot of Aldon Smith in him, he was a high 2nd for me, pre-injury, there is no way he could be viewed as a 5th with the film he has. If he gets into the right system he could blossom into a star

Hell, we could take him as a project OLB in the later rounds and have a potential star

PSN: bench515lbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: