Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre-combine mock off-season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Pre-combine mock off-season Reply with quote

Here is the blueprint to get Tampa back on track to be a contending team in the NFC brought to you by yours truly....

Cuts/not brought back:
Eric Wright- His time is over as a Buccaneer. The guy was 100% healthy week 17 and we didn't even activate him because we'd save money by not letting him play which was a big indication of his future here.

E.J Biggers - No explanation needed

Jeremy Trueblood- No explanation needed

Free agent pick-ups/Re-signees
Demar Dotson RT
Roy Miller DT
Andrew Economoc LS
Ronde Barber FS

Michael Bennett DE - Honestly don't think a guy that had one good year out of 4 will demand a lot. A 6.5 mill per year type should be fair for both sides.

Sean Smith CB - Gives us legitimate size at CB that can cover the biggest receivers in the league. Held his own against Green, Fitz, and AJ of the worlds this year. Struggles against smaller WR's but in our division we don't face many small fast twitch guys. Look for a deal to strike around 8-9 per year.

Cary Williams CB- Think this guy can be a good #2 CB for us. He has the length and speed(4.43 40) to run with the faster WR's. And he is physical in the run game so that's always a plus. TB should be able to get this guy a 5-6 mil deal.

Gosder Cherlius RT - Grade A run blocker, or supposedly that really won't come out of a steep price with Vollmer, Long, Clady, Albert, and Smith destined to be UFA's.

NFL draft

13. Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
43. Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
73. Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State
**trade TB gets #123 and #139 for
for pick 94
94. Ace Sanders WR South Carolina
108. Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State
170. Lonnie Pryor RB Florida State
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it a lot although I'm really high on trufant over Poyer.

In the draft I'd say Hodges is not going to last that long but who knows.

Overall I'd say A- only bc I can't see Miami who traded away Vontae Davis just letting Sean Smith walk as well. But at the same time can they afford both smith and jake long?
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid.

I like the Smith signing, had him in my mock as well.

Love the Richardson pick at 13!

Like Poyer, Escobar (though I think we get Bennett) and Sanders as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Like it a lot although I'm really high on trufant over Poyer.

In the draft I'd say Hodges is not going to last that long but who knows.

Overall I'd say A- only bc I can't see Miami who traded away Vontae Davis just letting Sean Smith walk as well. But at the same time can they afford both smith and jake long?
Yeah, its between Trufant, Ryan, or Poyer for him at the top of the 2nd. Trufant has had a better senior bowl practice and things of that nature so I think his stock might shoot up into the first. We'll see what happens. Miami could go for a cheaper CB route if they lock Long up, Bush, Hartline etc...Who knows but if not Smith, I think we'll have to go for Grimes.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get on board with that. I think Cary Williams is the one corner that I can without a doubt say I want right now. He should be the first guy we go after in Free Agency

I can get on board with that draft. I've heard things about Richardson's work ethic though. Im not too worried about it, Mizzou has put quite a few great players in the league recently, and there would be more of a fuss from the coaching staff if this was true.

Like Poyer, got speed, and is a playmaker. Escobar is a good receiver, we need to find some way to upgrade the TE position. Like the Ace Sanders pick. We need a difference maker in the return game

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
I can get on board with that draft. I've heard things about Richardson's work ethic though. Im not too worried about it, Mizzou has put quite a few great players in the league recently, and there would be more of a fuss from the coaching staff if this was true.

Yeah there's some questions there but not the biggest concern. The biggest question to me is how Richardson/McCoy fit together.... Schiano & Dom will have to be confident in that for him to be here.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Yeah there's some questions there but not the biggest concern. The biggest question to me is how Richardson/McCoy fit together.... Schiano & Dom will have to be confident in that for him to be here.

Yeah I dont effectively see Richardson playing the NT. Bennett and Bowers can both rush from the inside.

I just think a trade up for Millner or trade down for Rhodes or get more picks. If we could get a Trufant and Austin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: