Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Dobson/WR/Marshall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fullback40

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Aaron Dobson/WR/Marshall Reply with quote

Has anybody else become enamored with this kid? He reminds me of a good Braylon Edwards. Right now, he is slated as a 3rd round pick, but I highly doubt he makes it to our pick in that round.

That being said, he is lighting up the senior bowl apparently and has the freakish ability that Chud would probably die to have here in Cleveland.

If he were there in the 3rd round, I would hope we pick him up and complete our receiving threats. He seems like a perfect fit for Chud's offense and Weeden's arm strength. He tracks the football better than anyone in this draft and is without a doubt the best deep ball receiver in the class. He is a red zone nightmare and is somebody who can bail Weeden out on deep throws down the field.

His madden spectacular catch better be 99 after this crazy nonsense:

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1009021/1zdtb8m_jpg.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCdFFFAxLz0
zelbell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be opposed to it.... him and Josh on the outside with Benji and Greg in the slot would be a great receiving core
Fullback40

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
I wouldn't be opposed to it.... him and Josh on the outside with Benji and Greg in the slot would be a great receiving core

Exactly. It seems like Chud likes bigger guys in the slot, which is why I would look into getting a #2 WR across from Gordon and moving Little into the slot, where he could be a MONSTERRRRRRR.

Gordon-----Little------------OT-OG-C-RG-RT----------Benjamin-----Dobson

Love it.
bulldog

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
zelbell wrote:

Exactly. It seems like Chud likes bigger guys in the slot, which is why I would look into getting a #2 WR across from Gordon and moving Little into the slot, where he could be a MONSTERRRRRRR.

Love it.

You do realize that Little is already or slot WR??
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:
zelbell wrote:

Love it.

Is he? it's a new Offensive scheme after all.

You do realize that Little is already or slot WR??

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
bulldog

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His comment implied that he doesn't play the slot.

Also suggests that he would be a monster in the slot.

He already plays the slot. That's a fact.

Yes, its a new scheme, but there's nothing about his play to this point that would suggest that he would be a "monster" in the slot...
Fullback40

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:

Yes, its a new scheme, but there's nothing about his play to this point that would suggest that he would be a "monster" in the slot...

hmmmm....so if the season started today, you are telling me that Greg Little would be our starting slot receiver? FALSE. He would be our #2 on the outside opposite Josh Gordon.

Chud made Joe Jurevicious, a big slot receiver, into a beast when he was here. Greg Little, to me, has way more potential than Joe Jurevicious. I'm willing to bet that Little ends up being more productive than Joe J was.

And yes, it is a new scheme. From one of the most boring and unimaginative schemes in the world to a scheme that might actually utilize people the way they should be...sounds good to me.

Little will not play the slot if we don't find a big #2 receiver to pair oppisite Gordon. FACT.

Unless bulldog, you think Chud is banking on Benjamin as our #2 receiver Confused
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
bulldog wrote:

hmmmm....so if the season started today, you are telling me that Greg Little would be our starting slot receiver? FALSE. He would be our #2 on the outside opposite Josh Gordon.

Chud made Joe Jurevicious, a big slot receiver, into a beast when he was here. Greg Little, to me, has way more potential than Joe Jurevicious. I'm willing to bet that Little ends up being more productive than Joe J was.

And yes, it is a new scheme. From one of the most boring and unimaginative schemes in the world to a scheme that might actually utilize people the way they should be...sounds good to me.

Little will not play the slot if we don't find a big #2 receiver to pair oppisite Gordon. FACT.

Unless bulldog, you think Chud is banking on Benjamin as our #2 receiver Confused

Little's our slot bro. If I'm guessing correctly, it's that you're confusing a #3 with the slot position. Little lined up in the slot like 70% of the time.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
bulldog

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
bulldog wrote:

OK, before you go challenging me in every thread, let me do this again.

First, Like Reginald said, a Slot receiver IS NOT defined as a #3 wr.

In 2012, Little ran a total of 556 routes, with 220 of them being in the slot, 129 more than the next person (MoMass)

In 2011, Little ran a total of 598 routes, with 350 of them being in the slot, 276 more than the next person (again, MoMass)

So, your wrong. Little is our slot WR. He's also our #2. Funny how he can be both....

I wish I had the stats for 2007 for Joe J, but I don't.

But since Chud was here in 2008, I'll give you those.

The leading Slot WR in 2008 was.....Syndric Steptoe, all 5'8" of him, with a total of 328 routes and 239 of those routes run from the slot, 167 more than any other WR.

But, KWII ran 191 routes from the slot that year, so take that for what its worth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: