Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Valhalla Draft Chat: Path to the Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AQuintus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Floyd, Short and Williams are the only DTs that really interest me.

Honestly, this years free agent class is pretty good at DT, id rather just sign a 1 technique player in free agency then try and find a starter in a draft that is somewhat underwhelming at the position. Id like to see a WR and LB in the first two rounds, I think those two positions have darn good value in both rounds.

I agree, and if we can trade Percy for a late 1st/early 2nd, I'd really like to take a look at Larry Warford in the 2nd, too. Reports are that he's been completely dominant in practices so far.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Floyd, Short and Williams are the only DTs that really interest me.

Honestly, this years free agent class is pretty good at DT, id rather just sign a 1 technique player in free agency then try and find a starter in a draft that is somewhat underwhelming at the position. Id like to see a WR and LB in the first two rounds, I think those two positions have darn good value in both rounds.

I agree, and if we can trade Percy for a late 1st/early 2nd, I'd really like to take a look at Larry Warford in the 2nd, too. Reports are that he's been completely dominant in practices so far.

He has, would not be surprised for him to pull a Zeitler and end up in the first round.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After his interview with Katie Couric, it looks like Te'o was telling the truth.

Quote:
Wednesday, the New York Daily News published a story saying it obtained a receipt of flowers Te'o sent Sept.12, the day he believed Kekua had died, from 1-800-FLOWERS.com. It listed "Kainoa Kekua" as the recipient of "36 stems of premium white roses" sent by Te'o with a South Bend, Ind., address.

Also Wednesday, ESPN's Jeremy Schaap said he was given documents by a person close to Manti Te'o saying they were Te'o's AT&T phone records from May 11 to Sept. 12 of last year, a span that covers the time Te'o said he believed Kekua to be in a hospital in Los Angeles while recovering from a car accident and being treated for cancer.Also Wednesday, ESPN's Jeremy Schaap said he was given documents by a person close to Manti Te'o saying they were Te'o's AT&T phone records from May 11 to Sept. 12 of last year, a span that covers the time Te'o said he believed Kekua to be in a hospital in Los Angeles while recovering from a car accident and being treated for cancer.

ESPN reported the phone records show Te'o made and received more than 1,000 calls totaling more than 500 hours from the same number in the 661 area code, which covers Lancaster, a part of Los Angeles County.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/01/23/manti-teo-hoax-katie-couric/1857919/

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
D-Hemi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we don't need him but keep a eye on QB Ryan Nassib if he heats up I see teams looking to move back into the first to grab him especially Buffalo if they don't use there top 8 pick on him
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Hemi wrote:
I know we don't need him but keep a eye on QB Ryan Nassib if he heats up I see teams looking to move back into the first to grab him especially Buffalo if they don't use there top 8 pick on him

I do like Nassib. I saw him when 'cuse played the Gophers, and I liked how he handled himself. While I don't think he's going to be a guy that will start Day 1, I think he could develop into a very solid backup at least. I know he wants to be in Buffalo, but I can't see anyone moving up into the 1st to grab him. I think he'll be there for the Bills in the 2nd, if they choose to go that route.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vikings209

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really starting to like DT Brandon Williams out Missouri Southern. He is a huge man at 6'3" and 320lbs. He seems to be doing everything right at the Senior Bowl. He's winning the one on ones and doesn't mind getting into his opponents face which I like as long he can keep his emotions in check and not get dumb flags.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Hemi wrote:

That's a massive reach on Nassib. He's not going to be drafted in the 1st round unless he really shows some massive improvement today. Glennon is a more superior prospect and I wouldn't touch him in the 1st round either. I do think that one team is going to eventually panic and probably take a QB in the late 1st. Hopefully the Vikings are able to capitalize off that in some manner.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior bowl practice is essentially over. Today it's just receivers getting timing with QBs. Don't think the players are going to be having padded practices anymore

Next chance to improve their stock is the game as most teams have left.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the list of meetings that the Vikings had at the Senior Bowl or East-West Shrine Game:

Quote:
Oday Aboushi, OL, Virginia (SR)
Terron Armstead, OL, Arkansas-Pine Bluff (EW)
Sam Barrington, LB, South Florida (EW)
Tommy Bohanon, FB, Wake Forest (SR)
Marcus Davis, WR, Virginia Tech (EW)
Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson (SR)
Collin Klein, QB, Kansas State (EW)
Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M (SR)
Ty Powell, LB, Harding (SR)
Bacarri Rambo, DB, Georgia (SR)
Robbie Rouse, RB, Fresno State (SR)
Brian Schwenke, OL, California (SR)
Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford (SR)
Desmond Trufant, DB, Washington (SR)
Blidi Wreh-Wilson, DB, Connecticut (SR)

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013meetingsteams.php

Thx to Uncle Buck!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been reported by scouts that every team talks to every player this year at the senior bowl.

I have no idea why WalterFootball is keeping track
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
It's been reported by scouts that every team talks to every player this year at the senior bowl.

I have no idea why WalterFootball is keeping track

I imagine there's a difference between talking to everyone and actually having a meeting with them.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if that's true the Vikings list bugs me...
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Well if that's true the Vikings list bugs me...

true.

thats a pretty weak list.

down but not out. I still believe!
Freakout

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams don't only interview players they like. They may interview a player they have concerns about. They often interview players at the Senior Bowl that they don't expect to be invited to the Combine. These kids have already been scouted a lot and management has a general idea about most of them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very good point.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 6 of 100

Jump to: