Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Torn - Former Vikes Earn a Shot at a Ring.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you like to see win their 1st ring?
Matt Birk
40%
 40%  [ 16 ]
Randy Moss
60%
 60%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 40

PurplePeterson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephiel wrote:
I'd rather Moss win a ring, he's more likely to enter the Hall of Fame and a ring would surely help him, even if it came past his prime.

With a ring or not, Randy is going to the Hall of Fame, they would be stupid not to put Randy in the Hall of Fame but then again, they are being stupid not putting Cris in the Hall of Fame when Cris should have been in years ago
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McKinney. Be funny the guy not good enough for us wins a ring while we waste a top 5 pick on an above average LT. (gave up 5.5 sacks against a last place schedule). Unfortunately, means Birk would win, too. If Birk had stayed with the vikes one more year, vikes would probably have had home field against New Orleans, resulting in a win. Smile
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple Faithful wrote:
McKinney. Be funny the guy not good enough for us wins a ring while we waste a top 5 pick on an above average LT. (gave up 5.5 sacks against a last place schedule). Unfortunately, means Birk would win, too. If Birk had stayed with the vikes one more year, vikes would probably have had home field against New Orleans, resulting in a win. Smile

McKinnie was actually benched for most of the year, i believe. That makes it even more maddening that of all people, he ends up with a ring.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Matt Birk!

. . . and others that have donned the Vikings uniform.

I do feel bad for Moss, but if he wanted a ring, he should've done more to catch the passes thrown his direction. Sure the INT was way high, but a couple other throws were his if he wanted to take 'em.

In the end, I think this game solidifies two former Vikings as HOFers . . . Moss was projected, but I think Birk as earned his way in.

If they both retire, that would be a fitting end to their careers . . . well, I suspect Moss will return . . .lol.
PurplePeterson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:
Congrats to Matt Birk!

. . . and others that have donned the Vikings uniform.

I do feel bad for Moss, but if he wanted a ring, he should've done more to catch the passes thrown his direction. Sure the INT was way high, but a couple other throws were his if he wanted to take 'em.

In the end, I think this game solidifies two former Vikings as HOFers . . . Moss was projected, but I think Birk as earned his way in.

If they both retire, that would be a fitting end to their careers . . . well, I suspect Moss will return . . .lol.

I am not sure if Birk will get in the Hall of Fame, hell Mick Tingelhoff did not get in yet!
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurplePeterson wrote:

I am not sure if Birk will get in the Hall of Fame, hell Mick Tingelhoff did not get in yet!

Well Mick didn't win a ring, but I agree
PurplePeterson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
PurplePeterson wrote:

You agree about what? Yeah Mick did not win a ring but Page did not win a ring either and he still got in, ring or no ring makes no difference...
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurplePeterson wrote:
Klomp wrote:
PurplePeterson wrote:

You agree about what? Yeah Mick did not win a ring but Page did not win a ring either and he still got in, ring or no ring makes no difference...

As it shouldnt for the HOF. Unless youre a Qb. I think there is a reasonable correlation between great QBs and super bowl rings. There are exceptions like Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton and Dan Marino, but generally, super bowl wins should only be significant to QBs when judging a player or coach for the HOF.
PurplePeterson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
PurplePeterson wrote:
Klomp wrote:
PurplePeterson wrote:

As it shouldnt for the HOF. Unless youre a Qb. I think there is a reasonable correlation between great QBs and super bowl rings. There are exceptions like Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton and Dan Marino, but generally, super bowl wins should only be significant to QBs when judging a player or coach for the HOF.

Good point but Jim, Fran, and Dan were all great quarterbacks and deserved to get in without a ring
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Purple Faithful wrote:

McKinnie was actually benched for most of the year, i believe. That makes it even more maddening that of all people, he ends up with a ring.
Yeah, he was. Got in the dog house for weight, i believe, so they gave Oher his spot. Problem is, Oher stinks on the left side. Gave up 10 sacks or so. McKinney only started in the postseason, where he dominated. Culminating in his destruction of Justin Smith & his blown assignment sack after the blackout, lol. Both extremes of McKinney. Thing is, he has a ring. Baltimore did not, this time around, spend a top 5 selection on a left tackle. Neither did san fran.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, McKinney got his ring . . . and he was out of the starting role a good part of the year because of a hip injury . . . but he was benched to start the year because of weight.

Gotta give him props for his performance this game -- he did well for the most part. Birk on the other hand performed just the way he always has, stellar (well, except the year he had the hernia) . . .lol.

Oh . . . and I can't believe some peeps are still hurting over the Vikes draft selection of Matt Kalil. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Get over that . . . let's argue about something new! Wink
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:
Yes, McKinney got his ring . . . and he was out of the starting role a good part of the year because of a hip injury . . . but he was benched to start the year because of weight.

Gotta give him props for his performance this game -- he did well for the most part. Birk on the other hand performed just the way he always has, stellar (well, except the year he had the hernia) . . .lol.

Oh . . . and I can't believe some peeps are still hurting over the Vikes draft selection of Matt Kalil. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Get over that . . . let's argue about something new! Wink
haha! yeah, I hold a grudge. I'll maybe find a new grudge when the vikings reach for some WR not named Cordarrelle in rd 1. Spielman always magically has the top player available skill wise matching whatever he thinks is the biggest hole, leaning heavily on offense. So i am betting wr is this year, unless they don't re-up the Load.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryant McKinnie with a Super Bowl Ring leaves a sick feeling in my stomach.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
PurplePeterson wrote:

Birk's not a HOFer, IMO. He's been an above-average C for his career, and he'll certainly be in the Vikings' Ring of Honor, but I can't put him in the HOF, as he's not a legendary player at the position like a Jim Otto, Jim Ringo, Mike Webster, Dwight Stephenson, or Dermontti Dawson.

I can possibly see Birk making maybe a semi-finalist list at some point, but I don't ever see him being a HOFer. The only one of this era that I see have a significant chance of making the HOF is Jeff Saturday...and even that might be difficult.

As I mentioned in the other thread (and doesn't need to be mentioned there any further), I don't understand why people even care that McKinnie got a ring. He'll probably just have to hock it anyway to get out of bankruptcy. Wink

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:

As I mentioned in the other thread (and doesn't need to be mentioned there any further), I don't understand why people even care that McKinnie got a ring. He'll probably just have to hock it anyway to get out of bankruptcy. Wink

just don't like seeing the bad guys win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: