Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DS's: Fitting the "new" scheme's mock.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: DS's: Fitting the "new" scheme's mock. Reply with quote

FREE AGENCY

Louis Vasquez #65 G
San Diego Chargers
Height: 6-5 Weight: 335 Age: 25
Born: 4/11/1987 Corsicana , TX
College: Texas Tech
Experience: 4th season
DS Comment: Well Vasquez obviously fits OC Turners offence to a T as he is from that offence. Having already known the verbage and and play calls he can help with the process of installing a new scheme player wise as well as upgrade the woefull guard positions. He chooses Cleveland because of Norv Turner.

Geoff Schwartz #76 T/G
Minnesota Vikings
Height: 6-6 Weight: 340 Age: 26
Born: 7/11/1986 Los Angeles , CA
College: Oregon
DS Comment: Like Vasquez, Schwartz is a fit as he knows Chud from his Carolina days and knows the verbage and play calls as well. He can also help with the scheme install as well from a player point of view. As well as upgrade the woefull guard position. He chooses Cleveland because of his brother and Chud.

Patrick Chung #25 FS
New England Patriots
Height: 5-11 Weight: 210 Age: 25
Born: 8/19/1987 Kingston Jamaica
College: Oregon
DS Comment: Chung is out in New England due to a bad year or so of injuries. Cleveland takes a chance on him and chooses Cleveland with little help from TJ Ward a buddy from college. He upgrades the FS position.

Brian Hartline #82 WR
Miami Dolphins
Height: 6-2 Weight: 199 Age: 26
Born: 11/22/1986 Canton , OH
College: Ohio State
DS Comment: With Jake Long LT, Randy Starks DT, Reggie Bush RB, Sean Smith CB,Chris Clemons S, & Anthony Fasano TE ALL Freeagents. hartline has a good shot a becoming a Free Agent. He would come to Cleveland to play for Norv Turner as he idolized the Cowboys growing up in Canton as well as he would like to come back to Ohio. The Franchise record holder for most receptions in a game for the Dolphins would make an excellent 3rd WR to Gordon and Little as Benjamin is more of a gadget play/deep play guy as well as a return man.

Keenan Lewis #23 CB
Pittsburgh Steelers
Height: 6-0 Weight: 208 Age: 26
Born: 5/17/1986 New Orleans , LA
College: Oregon State
DS Comment: Lewis did well as a first-time starter this season. His probably glad he didn't sign a new deal following 2011. Lewis looks to attract significant action on the open market as he's just 26 years old and reaching his prime. The MCL sprain he sustained in December did not require surgery. I am hoping new DC Hortan is a draw to Cleveland for Lewis.

DRAFT

1 Star Lotulelei, DT/DE, Utah
Height: 6-4. Weight: 325.
Projected 40 Time: 5.15.
DS Comment: Lotulelei is an extremely disruptive force and more than his stats show. He had 42 tackles, 10 TFL's, 5 sacks, 3 FF and 4 passes broken up on the season. Lotulelei has a Ngata-like combination of size, power, speed and explosion. He beats blockers with a combination of strength and speed. C is dominant when he isn't double-teamed and has even beaten double-teams at times this year. A Combination of Taylor and Lotulelei at the 34 DE spots and big Rub at the Nose will make ALL the LB's lives that much easier. As the edge rushers will get 1 on 1 treatment due to inside double teams IMO. And the ILB's will be free to roam due to the nastiest 3 man front in football.

3 Quanterus Smith, DE/OLB, Western Kentucky +
Height: 6-5. Weight: 255.
Projected 40 Time: 4.65.
DS Comment: Smith started the season well with a three-sack game against Alabama. He was destroying Alabama right tackle D.J. Fluker all game. Smith tied for the third in the nation with 12.5 sacks. He also has 38 tackles with 18.5 TFL's and 3 FF's. He also returned a fumble 75 yards for a touchdown against Florida Atlantic. Smith IMO would be a great fit at the 34 ROLB spot especially next to Star or Phil as the 34 RDE Twisted Evil He can bend the corner and has the length to cause havoc with passing lanes
+ Torn his ACL on Nov. 19 vs Louisiana-Lafayette. 6-8 Months of rehab should have him ready to go by Mini Camp.

4 Gavin Escobar*, TE, San Diego State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 255.
Projected 40 Time: 4.66.
DS Comment: Escobar caught 42 passes for 543 yards and 6 TD's this year. He had even better production as a sophomore with 51 receptions for 780 yards and 7 TD's The kid has good size and could develop into a starting tight end. As pass catching TE's are a staple of both Chud and Norv Turner, I think drafting one is a for gone conclusion.

5 Nathan Williams, DE/OLB, Ohio State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 260.
Projected 40 Time: 4.66.
DS Comment: Williams had 40 tackles, 1 forced fumble and 2 sacks on for Ohio State, but played better than those numbers indicate as he was in almost every frame on any defensive play. Williams also lined up as as an inside backer in some exotic looks. A student of Mike Vrabel Williams would present both versatility and depth in Horton's new D.

6 Taimi Tutogi, FB, Arizona
Height: 6-1. Weight: 260.
Projected 40 Time: 4.68.
DS Comment: A 4 year skill player at Arizona who can play at a variety of positions in the new offense. He has 36 games of experience as an H-back, tight end, fullback and tailback. All of Norv Turners offence as well has Chud's have had a nasty skilled lead blocker. Oh and yeah I just gave Richardson a Samoan fullback to run behind Twisted Evil

7 Quinn Sharp, P/K, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
DS Comment: Sharp has averaged 46.3 yards per punt with 12 downed inside the 20 last year. Sharp was also Oklahoma State's kicker and made 22-of-25 field goals, but made zero beyond the 50-yard range. He also led the nation with 61 touchbacks on kickoffs.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int

Last edited by DawgSoldier on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like you mock

It wasnt fancy or ovee done ans you made good reasons why the player would sign orget drafted by the Browns

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, were just gonna ride the storm with what we have at cb?
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:

I thought about hitting every need in draft and could go back back and do it free agency or the draft. But I figure it wouldn't be realistic to fill every need.

That or Horton developes Bademosi and Wade!

FTW!

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly love the idea of taking Smith in the 3rd. If not for his injury, who knows how high he could have gone.

The guy is gonna be a monster.

We could essentially get stars at DE and OLB with our first 2 picks.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I honestly love the idea of taking Smith in the 3rd. If not for his injury, who knows how high he could have gone.

The guy is gonna be a monster.

We could essentially get stars at DE and OLB with our first 2 picks.

That and the D line woukd make the LB's just that more effective.

Seriously who would double in the 3 man line that feature Star Taba and Phil?

Shocked

DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
updated

Fullback40

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a huge fan of this draft...especially Lotulelei at the top.

I think he is still going to be there at #6, and if he is, he should be the pick.

I think Winn would be amazing as a 3-4 NT as a backup to Rubin to come in and disrupt from the NT spot in passing downs or against heavy passing teams.

Lotulelei-Taylor-Rubin makes my genitals grow.

Smith would be a good pick from what I hear, because I have no idea about the kid truthfully.

Don't know anything about Escobar...if we think that Dion Sims/TE/Michigan State will still be around at that pick in round #4, I would pray he's the pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: