Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harbaugh starting Kaepernick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
I've seen this same clip done several times with other language instead of what's in this one. In fact, it might even have been on this forum last year.
Ive seen it done for lots of things too. It was pretty good for this one though. Hitler was heartbroken. Laughing

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
sbrown

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtncs1_Yrwo

this is the one that was on here before last season started...very funny !!!!

"....like dallas"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtncs1_Yrwo

this is the one that was on here before last season started...very funny !!!!

"....like dallas"

LOL it's true. All of it.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Niners would trade Alex Smith this off-season, what do you think he'll go for? He's got a pretty manageable contract with just two years left on it. And how do you think he'd fit in a West Coast Offense?
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
If the Niners would trade Alex Smith this off-season, what do you think he'll go for? He's got a pretty manageable contract with just two years left on it. And how do you think he'd fit in a West Coast Offense?

From as low to a 2014 conditional 7th rounder to a 2013 3rd, I'd say, depending on the market.

As for the west coast.. sure, as long as there's a strong running game and short to medium throws. If he only has to make 25 or fewer throws and the RBs can run for 130+ yards, that's a winning recipe.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:

He would do well in a WCO.

Hard to gauge the true value. You are talking about the most controversial player in 49ers football in many years.

Overlooking player and coaching talent, some have built up a lot of disrespect.. even hate for him... and would therefore apply a label of "average at best".. say, late round pick or a pack of gum.

Others who respect what he can do at this point in his career would speculate that he is worth a mid round pick in trade. Me? I am in this group, and would go so far to say I'd spend a 2nd round pick in trade for him.. depending on what team we're talking about. I'd probably ease that back and demand an early/mid 3rd, if I were to trade him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:

I can see him go to a team like Minnesota for a 4th to take over for ponder for a year or two and see if ponder develops.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:

I can see him go to a team like Minnesota for a 4th to take over for ponder for a year or two and see if ponder develops.

The Chiefs are the best fit IMO. They are going to be running a WCO under Reid and they need a QB. I'd be stoked if we could get their third rounder out of them.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:

to the Chiefs for a 5th? I would say Jags but they seem pretty happy with Henne. Cardinals is always an option but i would hate to send him there. One thing going for us is that the QB market is awful this year so Alex should be in somewhat high demand. Hopefully that will raise his trade market

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:

My thought - the Browns. New staff entirely doesn't have to tie itself to Weeden to be successful (and would be smart to not even try). He obviously is familiar with Norv Turner, they've got a good offensive minded coach in Chudzinski, and a solid defensive coordinator. They have a great young RB in Richardson. They also have a nice up and coming wide receiver in Josh Gordon. A great left tackle in Joe Thomas...a lot of pieces are already there. I would dangle that #6 pick to anyone looking to hop the Cardinals for a chance at any of the top QBs, move back and pick up an Ertz or Eiffert (sucks for us, of course).

However, an offense of:

QB - Alex Smith
RB - Trent Richardson
WR - Josh Gordon
WR - Greg Little
TE - Ertz/Eiffert
LT - Joe Thomas

Coached by Norv Turner and with Chudzinski's experience with TEs....that could be a pretty solid offense.

I initially thought Kansas City until Andy Reid went there (he doesn't seem to care for running games), and then I thought of Jacksonville, which seems to be the kind of cliche landing spot for him, but they have a good running back, some good wide receivers, he'd certainly start over Gabbert, and then the team can use it's high pick on the best available player to start building a team for him. The Bills are another spot that might want to take a look, as their defense should start to gel soon, and a lot of those offensive pieces are there.

Minnesota would be his best chance at being on a winning team, but I'm not 100% sure they're going to pull that string on Ponder just yet. They might be best suited to wait a year and see what's available next year, or draft someone in the late first as a backup plan.

Other than those 4, I don't see another opportunity presenting itself other than maybe Oakland, but that would be a horrible destination for Smith.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as he doesn't end up in Arizona where i fear he can come back and bite us in the a$$. They have a ton of talent just waiting to be utilized and a WR that can make Alex look great, A run game waiting to be effective having a QB who doesn't shoot you in the foot helps there. The Defense is very strong and keeps getting younger and better. Alex in Arizona makes a ton of sense and i hope it never happens.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:

From as low to a 2014 conditional 7th rounder to a 2013 3rd, I'd say, depending on the market.

As for the west coast.. sure, as long as there's a strong running game and short to medium throws. If he only has to make 25 or fewer throws and the RBs can run for 130+ yards, that's a winning recipe.
I think most QBs would be good with that.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXFlyteXx wrote:
As long as he doesn't end up in Arizona where i fear he can come back and bite us in the a$$. They have a ton of talent just waiting to be utilized and a WR that can make Alex look great, A run game waiting to be effective having a QB who doesn't shoot you in the foot helps there. The Defense is very strong and keeps getting younger and better. Alex in Arizona makes a ton of sense and i hope it never happens.

Eh, I don't know about Arizona. He'd get killed behind their line. They have zero running game, and their D is gonna take a big step back without Ray Horton there. If the Cards cant find a decent coach they're gonna continue to be bottom-feeders in this league.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like the idea of Alex Smith to Cleveland, but I won't lie, I am hoping the Jets find a way to fit him into our salary cap. We'd have to restructure a few deals, but if the Jets want any chance of winning in 2013 then I think we could really use him.

We are also running a West Coast Offense. Marty Morhinwheg is now our OC and he obviously comes from the Holmgren-Reid tree, which came from Bill Walsh.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:

I think most QBs would be good with that.

What I meant by that, it's that with the right offensive philosophy (Heavy running), Alex should be good. Adrian Peterson made Ponders look like a halfway decent QB this year, and that's because AD ran for an average of 131 yards all by himself. But for Alex to be successful, he has to be in an offense that commits to the run, and not get pass-happy and forgetting the run. In other words, he wouldn't be great in an Andy Reid offense, but could be successful in Jacksonville, where the HC comes from Seattle, where a lot of importance is given to a strong commitment to the running game and great defense. If Bradley can draft and sign enough players on defense to make it good enough, Alex might be the last piece to turn that team around.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 40 of 44

Jump to: