Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chud's Chums Chit Chat (Coaching Staff Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chud sounds really excited about Norv taking over the offense. Sounds like he really understands that its needed for him to be able to look over the defense, special teams, etc.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
BigMoneysProtege

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chud:

-Norv is outstanding play caller, will allow Chud to focus on being a head coach.
-Asked if he like mobile QB's like Cam, says the most important thing about coaching is being able to adjust to your roster and put them in places to be successful.
-First things first is to look at his own roster and adjust to it

Still VERY hesitant to talk specifics with Weeden.

The present is a gift, and I just wanna be.
BigMoneysProtege

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norv loves young players, says he likes Brandon but sees things that he, and rest of offense, can improve on.

-Norv is not bummed about not being head guy anymore, likes where he is in career and likes coaching offense.
-Norv says "don't matter about the apportunities I had or didn't have, Cleveland is where I wanted to be"
-Saw a lot of potential in our roster when they played. Said nothing specific about which players impressed him. Likes offensive line.

BigMoneysProtege

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norv talks about Brandon like he's his QB.

Take that for what it's worth.

Says he likes that Brandon has a big arm and can throw it up the field.

BigMoneysProtege

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMoneysProtege wrote:

I will adjust this statement to say that Norv is the only member of the new staff that doesn't completely avoid the Weeden topic. He at least mentioned him by name and made it sound like he is in the plans. Overall still very political and very little said about the roster or and possible personnel.

Both say they have a lot of time and need to evaluate the roster, need to see guys out on the field to properly make judgments. Nothing too surprising.

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMoneysProtege wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:

I will adjust this statement to say that Norv is the only member of the new staff that doesn't completely avoid the Weeden topic. He at least mentioned him by name and made it sound like he is in the plans. Overall still very political and very little said about the roster or and possible personnel.

Both say they have a lot of time and need to evaluate the roster, need to see guys out on the field to properly make judgments. Nothing too surprising.

I'll have to go back and re-listen, but it sure sounded like he said a lot of nothing about Weeden, effectively saying he wasn't going to say anything.
BigMoneysProtege

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:

I'll have to go back and re-listen, but it sure sounded like he said a lot of nothing about Weeden, effectively saying he wasn't going to say anything.

He said a lot more than I've heard Lombardi or Chud or Banner/Has say. He at least took the step of mentioning him by name. He said nothing, but he said more than those other guys have said.

Again, take it for what it's worth, but to me he at least acknowledged that Weeden exists, which is a step up from the rest.

I say this with no Weeden agenda nor preference. Just how I heard it.
Every other Weeden question this offseason has been answered with some variation of:

"We won't talk about specific players, we haven't evaluated personnel, etc."

ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:

Just listened to the PC, and my take is somewhere between the 2 of you.

Norv did make reference to Weeden as though he will be starter, but he definitely left himself some room to wiggle, in case we bring in someone else at a later date.

My guess: If the Browns can find a slam dunk upgrade to Weeden, they'll bring him in right away. Otherwise, they'll give Weeden this coming year to prove himself.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
BigMoneysProtege

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:

Norv did make reference to Weeden as though he will be starter, but he definitely left himself some room to wiggle, in case we bring in someone else at a later date.

My guess: If the Browns can find a slam dunk upgrade to Weeden, they'll bring him in right away. Otherwise, they'll give Weeden this coming year to prove himself.

I can agree with this. Basically I was just saying he is the first staff member to not entirely avoid the Weeden topic.

fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMoneysProtege wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:

I can agree with this. Basically I was just saying he is the first staff member to not entirely avoid the Weeden topic.

Its not really a big deal. They could have all the confidence in the world in him and its really only an issue if they don't tell HIM that.

Why tip your hand with a draft coming up?

ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMoneysProtege wrote:
Norv will officially call the plays, per Chud. Also to coach the QB's.

These are probably the most important pieces of info from the press conference.

Not only will Norv call the plays, but they won't hire a QB coach, as Norv will do it himself. It's funny that Chud called the plays under Norv in San Diego, and now Turner will call plays under Chud in Cleveland.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Entropy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:

Its not really a big deal. They could have all the confidence in the world in him and its really only an issue if they don't tell HIM that.

Why tip your hand with a draft coming up?

Very true.

And regarding Weeden:

Norv says "Part of playing QB is getting everyone else around him playing at a high level too, so that's one of the thing we're gonna do is spend a lot of time talking about how we're going to get everybody on the same page and then everybody playing at a high level."

Perhaps he means to replace everyone on offense.

It would have been very easy for Norv to make a proclamation for or against Weeden despite him saying it would not be fair to do so since he hasn't had much time to review him or even talk to him. SO clearly we can accurately read into what he didn't say since fairness isn't our concern. It seems we just want the Browns to always have all their cards on the table for everyone to see AND then overcome that tremendous disadvantage.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Former Cowboys defensive line coach Brian Baker has been hired by the Cleveland Browns as outside linebackers coach

Hmmm... help some of the DL guys in coverage as OLB?

fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Browns have hired former Colorado coach and former #Redskins and #Chiefs assistant Jon Embree to coach tight ends.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Embree

zelbell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Quote:
Former Cowboys defensive line coach Brian Baker has been hired by the Cleveland Browns as outside linebackers coach

Hmmm... help some of the DL guys in coverage as OLB?

makes sense....help Sheard/anyone we draft that plays DE in college transition to OLB in the 3-4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: