Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Impending free agent LT Branden Albert says the thought of him moving inside to guard is "ludicrous."

"I'm not a guard. Point blank," said Albert. "I haven't played guard since college. It kind of upsets me a lot. I'll be the first one to tell you. Sometimes it bothers me." Albert is dead-set on getting left tackle money on the open market. He added that he has yet to talk to Andy Reid or new GM John Dorsey, but says his agent and Dorsey have talked. The Chiefs could conceivably let Albert walk and draft a left tackle with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.
I cant see him leaving KC. I think they'll pay him. The best move for them is to let Dorsey walk or cut Jackson and take Star. They'd be crazy to use the #1 pick for a horizontal move.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Impending free agent LT Branden Albert says the thought of him moving inside to guard is "ludicrous."

"I'm not a guard. Point blank," said Albert. "I haven't played guard since college. It kind of upsets me a lot. I'll be the first one to tell you. Sometimes it bothers me." Albert is dead-set on getting left tackle money on the open market. He added that he has yet to talk to Andy Reid or new GM John Dorsey, but says his agent and Dorsey have talked. The Chiefs could conceivably let Albert walk and draft a left tackle with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.
I cant see him leaving KC. I think they'll pay him. The best move for them is to let Dorsey walk or cut Jackson and take Star. They'd be crazy to use the #1 pick for a horizontal move.

Agreed, but money always makes things messy.

I doubt he makes it out of KC.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I agree that taking Star seems to make the most sense for them.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Not when they just drafted Dontari Poe in the first round it doesn't. Granted Andy and the staff aren't tied to him, but Clark Hunt is.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Not when they just drafted Dontari Poe in the first round it doesn't. Granted Andy and the staff aren't tied to him, but Clark Hunt is.

If they don't and they keep Albert then they almost have to take a QB or trade the pick right? Don't need Moore IMO with Hali and Houston already there. Wouldn't need Joeckel with Albert and Winston. Who else fits up there besides a QB (which would be a reach IMO)?

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

If they don't and they keep Albert then they almost have to take a QB or trade the pick right? Don't need Moore IMO with Hali and Houston already there. Wouldn't need Joeckel with Albert and Winston. Who else fits up there besides a QB (which would be a reach IMO)?
Which is why there is some serious buzz that they could let Albert walk. B/c Joeckel/Fisher is really the only thing that makes sense for them besides QB, and I can't see #1 being a hot commodity like #2 was last year.

DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Poe with his athleticism can play DE. Star probably could to.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Which is why there is some serious buzz that they could let Albert walk. B/c Joeckel/Fisher is really the only thing that makes sense for them besides QB, and I can't see #1 being a hot commodity like #2 was last year.

The argument that I think they will have is it worth paying Albert to stay with some of his injuries or do we draft potential studs like Eric Fisher and Luke Joeckel and move on?

They also have a 3rd round pick from last season Donald Stephenson who played pretty well at LT when Albert went down.

But the Chiefs are going to pick a QB #1 as they have nothing at the position and Andy Ried is a QB guy.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

They are moving to a 4-3.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

The argument that I think they will have is it worth paying Albert to stay with some of his injuries or do we draft potential studs like Eric Fisher and Luke Joeckel and move on?

They also have a 3rd round pick from last season Donald Stephenson who played pretty well at LT when Albert went down.

But the Chiefs are going to pick a QB #1 as they have nothing at the position and Andy Ried is a QB guy.
Reid likes to draft linemen early, just ask Philly fans. Reid also likes to draft mid round QBs and develop them. We'll get a good idea what's going to happen to Albert the week after the SuperBowl b/c they have to tag him by the 8th.

DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Didn't know that. I think Jarvis Jones and the DEs come into play then. IIRC Hali wasnt great as a 4-3 DE and Houston has never played there in the NFL. They really need to hit on this pick.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Didn't know that. I think Jarvis Jones and the DEs come into play then. IIRC Hali wasnt great as a 4-3 DE and Houston has never played there in the NFL. They really need to hit on this pick.
Houston probably plays SLB, DJ WLB, Ryans MLB. Tyson will play LE, Hali RE.

DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I cant them moving forward with Tyson Jackson at LE with the kind of money he's making. He's not a 4-3 LE. They could also use depth at the least. Lets hope DJ wants to stay at MLB and we can pick him up in a nice trade. Not being able to trade for him when he was on the block a few years ago was one of our biggest misses imo. He'd be a perfect fit for us.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I cant them moving forward with Tyson Jackson at LE with the kind of money he's making. He's not a 4-3 LE. They could also use depth at the least. Lets hope DJ wants to stay at MLB and we can pick him up in a nice trade. Not being able to trade for him when he was on the block a few years ago was one of our biggest misses imo. He'd be a perfect fit for us.
DJ would be perfect as a WLB, he's a carbon copy of Lance Briggs, but if they let him go, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in.

DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

DJ would be perfect as a WLB, he's a carbon copy of Lance Briggs, but if they let him go, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in.
Carbon copy of Briggs? They're not really that similar. DJ is taller, much more athletic and great in deep coverage. Briggs is more of a thumper. DJ is more of a young Urlacher.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 22 of 67

Jump to: