Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sean Payton reinstated
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Sean Payton reinstated Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
It will always be remembered as the year Saints fans were robed of a home superbowl.

I literally threw my head back and laughed at this.

Oh man, I'm done, it's too much.

Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Sean Payton reinstated Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Quote:
So.... He shouldn't have reinstated him?

What could Goodell have done to not be the bad guy in your eyes? Sweep this under the rug? Act like it didn't happen?

I'm tired of Saints fans playing victim. It's getting old, and allows this whole situation to linger that much longer. Get over it man, nobody is out to get us, and we aren't the target of anything. We're not being picked on or bullied, and we're not the pawns in Goodell's game.

tldr: [b]ranting and raving about Goodell is getting old. Really freaking old

Of course he should have reinstated him... Weeks ago!!!

I for one NEVER said that the Saints shoulden't be punished so you can get outta here wuth that nonsense but the severity in which we were punished was absoutly disgraceful and out of line. It was the most severe suspensions that I have seen placed on a franchise in my time and the proof did not meet the punishment especially when compared to other franchises and what was levied against them for similar situations.

If your so tired of it then get out... but to think people and fans should just forget about it and agree with you to apiese your personal view point is absurd. Don't agree with me if you don't want to but in no way tell me I'm not entitled to my own opinion.

Who do you think you are... Rodger Goodell?

What? We're lucky Sean Payton was reinstated in time to view the Senior Bowl and start preparing for the draft. Most NFL executives and big time reporters were shocked Goodell reinstated him this early, I'm with TD on this one.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Sean Payton reinstated Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
It will always be remembered as the year Saints fans were robed of a home superbowl.

I literally threw my head back and laughed at this.

Oh man, I'm done, it's too much.

Laughing

Most fans in general are na´ve... Do I personally feel the Saints would have made the superbowl had Payton been here, NO. I'm trying to give you the vibe of the city in which this team plays. Remember, New Orleans!

I said... right or wrong, doesn't matter. These are the people you are dealing with. Have you ever even been here? If so you would know what I am talking about.

It doesn't matter what I or you think personally... the vibe of the city is what matters and that is the overall feeling down here.

sorry that was to much for you Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Sean Payton reinstated Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Quote:

What could Goodell have done to not be the bad guy in your eyes? Sweep this under the rug? Act like it didn't happen?

I'm tired of Saints fans playing victim. It's getting old, and allows this whole situation to linger that much longer. Get over it man, nobody is out to get us, and we aren't the target of anything. We're not being picked on or bullied, and we're not the pawns in Goodell's game.

I for one NEVER said that the Saints shoulden't be punished so you can get outta here wuth that nonsense but the severity in which we were punished was absoutly disgraceful and out of line. It was the most severe suspensions that I have seen placed on a franchise in my time and the proof did not meet the punishment especially when compared to other franchises and what was levied against them for similar situations.

If your so tired of it then get out... but to think people and fans should just forget about it and agree with you to apiese your personal view point is absurd. Don't agree with me if you don't want to but in no way tell me I'm not entitled to my own opinion.

What? We're lucky Sean Payton was reinstated in time to view the Senior Bowl and start preparing for the draft. Most NFL executives and big time reporters were shocked Goodell reinstated him this early, I'm with TD on this one.

Harp, read the whole conversation before jumping in...

I never said Payton shoulden't have been reinstated. My argument is that his suspension was to severe in the first place. 4-6 games, ok. I could have even understood and accepted 8 but a whole season was flat out wrong and im not the only one who feels this way.

Yall don't and I respect that. All im saying is im not going to all of a sudden start praising Goodell for undoing something that should have been undone a long time ago.

His PR movement won't work on me.

SWATcha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sean Payton reinstated Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Quote:

Harp, read the whole conversation before jumping in...

I never said Payton shoulden't have been reinstated. My argument is that his suspension was to severe in the first place. 4-6 games, ok. I could have even understood and accepted 8 but a whole season was flat out wrong and im not the only one who feels this way.

Yall don't and I respect that. All im saying is im not going to all of a sudden start praising Goodell for undoing something that should have been undone a long time ago.

His PR movement won't work on me.

Maybe the Saints shouldn't of been dumb enough to get caught. Maybe they should of stopped the first time they were approached. Player safety player safety player safety. That's all the NFL harps about these days. This flew right in the face of everything they're preaching. They made an example out of the Saints and Sean P, so of course everything was overly harsh. Boo hoo, cry a friggen river. It's done and over, move on. Next season will be here soon enough for retribution.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Sean Payton reinstated Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe the Saints shouldn't of been dumb enough to get caught. Maybe they should of stopped the first time they were approached. Player safety player safety player safety. That's all the NFL harps about these days. This flew right in the face of everything they're preaching. They made an example out of the Saints and Sean P, so of course everything was overly harsh. Boo hoo, cry a friggen river. It's done and over, move on. Next season will be here soon enough for retribution

Retribution for what?

If everything the league did was justified then what is the need for retribution?

SWATcha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Sean Payton reinstated Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Quote:
Maybe the Saints shouldn't of been dumb enough to get caught. Maybe they should of stopped the first time they were approached. Player safety player safety player safety. That's all the NFL harps about these days. This flew right in the face of everything they're preaching. They made an example out of the Saints and Sean P, so of course everything was overly harsh. Boo hoo, cry a friggen river. It's done and over, move on. Next season will be here soon enough for retribution

Retribution for what?

If everything the league did was justified then what is the need for retribution?

Just going off your "vibe if the city". That's what Saints fans in NO will be looking for right? Retribution?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Sean Payton reinstated Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Quote:

Retribution for what?

Just going off your "vibe if the city". That's what Saints fans in NO will be looking for right? Retribution?

Nagh... I think there well past that. Mostly I think they want compromise. Let's face it, the fans of this team are the ones who suffered the most but yet they are the ones being asked to "let it go" and "move on". I'm sure that is what most of them want to do and in a way they'd love nothing more than to put this behind them, will they forget it... NO but if Goodell would compromise with them I think it could be a forgive but don't forget situation.

Some feel the reinstatement of Payton is compromise from Goodell but the sediment around here centers around that 2013 2nd round pick. The fans know we need it and feel the team has been punished enough and if Goodell wants reconnection with the fan base, they want to see a little mercy from him when it comes to the fans and see their pick restored. Until that happens... most around here feel Goodell is dragging this on more than anyone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: