Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade down ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
ark23 wrote:
If Arthur Brown is on the board at even 15 I'd trade up. Elite prospect. Perfect fit for us. He can play WLB or MLB, wherever we need him. Good in coverage, solid athlete elite instincts. He could run in the 4.5s.

I'd trade down if we can accumulate some picks next year. But if there's value I see no reason to stay put or even move up. We need to build around these playoff appearances and take the next step.

And to take that next step I'd like to make some moves in FA too. We have so much cap room.

We won't have all that much cap room if in the next two years we sign Michael Johnson, Andre Smith, Andy Dalton, AJ Green, and Geno Atkins all to long term deals.

Rob Rang, the draft guru of CBSSports.com, believes the Bengals can go to town because while others teams are filling the most important positions, they can focus on immediate needs.

"This is a draft where you don't want the top 10 pick. You want to have a number of picks in the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s. The player at 35 is pretty much the same player at 10. .

So, Oaklands #36 pick this draft is possibly as good as a top 10 in other years. Wow.....

IMO, this is going to be one of the most interesting off-seasons as a Bengal lifer, because Mike Brown has finally got to spend his stack..........

How we approach MJ93, Andre Smith, Geno, AJ, Dalton is going to be a pivotal period in terms of contract extension.....

Last edited by LondonBengal on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think AJ or Dalton can be renegotiated. I think you have to wait 3 years on a rookie contract.

Those first three guys you listed though will be big priorities.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
I don't think AJ or Dalton can be renegotiated. I think you have to wait 3 years on a rookie contract.

Those first three guys you listed though will be big priorities.

Sure, you're right J, they can offer (or not) extensions to AJ and Dalton after this coming season.

Better start making plans to back up that 'Brinks Mat' truck to AJ's crib, right about this time next year.
sparky151

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Ask me again when #19 or #20 are on the clock. We will know then how free agency went and who is on the board. It just depends on who is there and who they target.

Sure, I appreciate all that, but would you guys take a trade right now with #21 for a mid-round #2 & #3, say around #50 & #80, giving us potentially, #36, #50, #53, #80 & #85 ?

5 x top 100 picks could sure fill some holes in our shopping list.....

The Bengals should go for quality more than quantity. We have enough cap space to ensure no glaring holes going into the draft. What we need are differencemakers whether at RB or LB. Teams won't trade up unless they know what they're getting. The picks have no value in themselves, it's the particular players you might get that have value.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really see the hype with Brown. Everytime i watch him he looks pretty average and kinda slow. Maybe im just watching the wrong games? Kevin Minter is my favourite at 21 right now.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats how I feel about Chase Thomas. I like brown more than him but i definitely wouldnt consider brown a top 15 prospect.
ark23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
I dont really see the hype with Brown. Everytime i watch him he looks pretty average and kinda slow. Maybe im just watching the wrong games? Kevin Minter is my favourite at 21 right now.

Fair enough, I know for a fact I'm higher on him than most but everytime I've watched K-State he pops off the screen, and flows to the football so well.

To me he just screams elite prospect.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think you guys would be interested in our 2nd and 3rd round picks for your 1st?

Do the Bengals tend to move around come draft day?

The reason I am asking if you guys would be interested in trading is because we have an extra 4th round pick from dealing Talib to the Pats. Also Mark Dominik has shown the last few years that he likes to trade up when possible or at least be active and move around.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
You think you guys would be interested in our 2nd and 3rd round picks for your 1st?

Do the Bengals tend to move around come draft day?

The reason I am asking if you guys would be interested in trading is because we have an extra 4th round pick from dealing Talib to the Pats. Also Mark Dominik has shown the last few years that he likes to trade up when possible or at least be active and move around.

Maybe. It depends on who is available at that pick. I don't care about the trade chart but the FFMD mods do so it would have to work on there for them to approve it. In general the Bengals need quality more than quantity this year.

The Texans were looking to add a 4th round pick in this with a tempting offer in one of the threads. It was something like their 5th this year plus their 3rd next year. I'd do that even ahead of the draft.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not a fan of trading up in this draft.

trading down, I would only do if there is no value at our needs. I don't like taking BPA, we are not a team that can do that just yet. We still have many holes.

If a S or OLB that doesnt fit our team isnt there at 21, trade back, get some future picks. why not?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

trading down, I would only do if there is no value at our needs. I don't like taking BPA, we are not a team that can do that just yet. We still have many holes.

If a S or OLB that doesnt fit our team isnt there at 21, trade back, get some future picks. why not?

Why couldnt we go bpa? granted at 21 there will be lke 10 people that you could argue to be bpa. but if someone slips, like I saw in 1 moc that they had chance warmack slipping out of the top 20 (which I highly doubt) or even mingo, milliner, or maybe even cooper. If someone slips, we have to take them.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could argue that to an extent at a position of need.

WR or OG would make me hesitate a little bit, but i can see your argument.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

can understand OG but why not a WR? We do need another true deep threat opposite AJ.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

can understand OG but why not a WR? We do need another true deep threat opposite AJ.

I like Sanu a lot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

I tend to agree. I don't see a big difference between guys in the 20s and the 40s. But there could be a guy that slips to 21 and then pull the trigger

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: