Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade down ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3246
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
ark23 wrote:
If Arthur Brown is on the board at even 15 I'd trade up. Elite prospect. Perfect fit for us. He can play WLB or MLB, wherever we need him. Good in coverage, solid athlete elite instincts. He could run in the 4.5s.

I'd trade down if we can accumulate some picks next year. But if there's value I see no reason to stay put or even move up. We need to build around these playoff appearances and take the next step.

And to take that next step I'd like to make some moves in FA too. We have so much cap room.


We won't have all that much cap room if in the next two years we sign Michael Johnson, Andre Smith, Andy Dalton, AJ Green, and Geno Atkins all to long term deals.


Rob Rang, the draft guru of CBSSports.com, believes the Bengals can go to town because while others teams are filling the most important positions, they can focus on immediate needs.

"This is a draft where you don't want the top 10 pick. You want to have a number of picks in the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s. The player at 35 is pretty much the same player at 10. .


So, Oaklands #36 pick this draft is possibly as good as a top 10 in other years. Wow.....

IMO, this is going to be one of the most interesting off-seasons as a Bengal lifer, because Mike Brown has finally got to spend his stack..........

How we approach MJ93, Andre Smith, Geno, AJ, Dalton is going to be a pivotal period in terms of contract extension.....
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."


Last edited by LondonBengal on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18661
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think AJ or Dalton can be renegotiated. I think you have to wait 3 years on a rookie contract.

Those first three guys you listed though will be big priorities.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3246
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
I don't think AJ or Dalton can be renegotiated. I think you have to wait 3 years on a rookie contract.

Those first three guys you listed though will be big priorities.


Sure, you're right J, they can offer (or not) extensions to AJ and Dalton after this coming season.

Better start making plans to back up that 'Brinks Mat' truck to AJ's crib, right about this time next year.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sparky151


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Posts: 2055
Location: Columbus, OH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Ask me again when #19 or #20 are on the clock. We will know then how free agency went and who is on the board. It just depends on who is there and who they target.


Sure, I appreciate all that, but would you guys take a trade right now with #21 for a mid-round #2 & #3, say around #50 & #80, giving us potentially, #36, #50, #53, #80 & #85 ?

5 x top 100 picks could sure fill some holes in our shopping list.....


The Bengals should go for quality more than quantity. We have enough cap space to ensure no glaring holes going into the draft. What we need are differencemakers whether at RB or LB. Teams won't trade up unless they know what they're getting. The picks have no value in themselves, it's the particular players you might get that have value.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RedGreenShow


Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1674
Location: Nati
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really see the hype with Brown. Everytime i watch him he looks pretty average and kinda slow. Maybe im just watching the wrong games? Kevin Minter is my favourite at 21 right now.
_________________
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BengalsEra


Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 350
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats how I feel about Chase Thomas. I like brown more than him but i definitely wouldnt consider brown a top 15 prospect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ark23


Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 1526
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
I dont really see the hype with Brown. Everytime i watch him he looks pretty average and kinda slow. Maybe im just watching the wrong games? Kevin Minter is my favourite at 21 right now.

Fair enough, I know for a fact I'm higher on him than most but everytime I've watched K-State he pops off the screen, and flows to the football so well.

To me he just screams elite prospect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8676
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think you guys would be interested in our 2nd and 3rd round picks for your 1st?

Do the Bengals tend to move around come draft day?

The reason I am asking if you guys would be interested in trading is because we have an extra 4th round pick from dealing Talib to the Pats. Also Mark Dominik has shown the last few years that he likes to trade up when possible or at least be active and move around.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sparky151


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Posts: 2055
Location: Columbus, OH
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
You think you guys would be interested in our 2nd and 3rd round picks for your 1st?

Do the Bengals tend to move around come draft day?

The reason I am asking if you guys would be interested in trading is because we have an extra 4th round pick from dealing Talib to the Pats. Also Mark Dominik has shown the last few years that he likes to trade up when possible or at least be active and move around.


Maybe. It depends on who is available at that pick. I don't care about the trade chart but the FFMD mods do so it would have to work on there for them to approve it. In general the Bengals need quality more than quantity this year.

The Texans were looking to add a 4th round pick in this with a tempting offer in one of the threads. It was something like their 5th this year plus their 3rd next year. I'd do that even ahead of the draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 5979
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not a fan of trading up in this draft.

trading down, I would only do if there is no value at our needs. I don't like taking BPA, we are not a team that can do that just yet. We still have many holes.

If a S or OLB that doesnt fit our team isnt there at 21, trade back, get some future picks. why not?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BengalsEra


Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 350
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
im not a fan of trading up in this draft.

trading down, I would only do if there is no value at our needs. I don't like taking BPA, we are not a team that can do that just yet. We still have many holes.

If a S or OLB that doesnt fit our team isnt there at 21, trade back, get some future picks. why not?


Why couldnt we go bpa? granted at 21 there will be lke 10 people that you could argue to be bpa. but if someone slips, like I saw in 1 moc that they had chance warmack slipping out of the top 20 (which I highly doubt) or even mingo, milliner, or maybe even cooper. If someone slips, we have to take them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 5979
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could argue that to an extent at a position of need.

WR or OG would make me hesitate a little bit, but i can see your argument.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BengalsEra


Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 350
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
I could argue that to an extent at a position of need.

WR or OG would make me hesitate a little bit, but i can see your argument.


can understand OG but why not a WR? We do need another true deep threat opposite AJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 5979
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
I could argue that to an extent at a position of need.

WR or OG would make me hesitate a little bit, but i can see your argument.


can understand OG but why not a WR? We do need another true deep threat opposite AJ.

I like Sanu a lot
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23271
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
im not a fan of trading up in this draft.

trading down, I would only do if there is no value at our needs. I don't like taking BPA, we are not a team that can do that just yet. We still have many holes.

If a S or OLB that doesnt fit our team isnt there at 21, trade back, get some future picks. why not?


I tend to agree. I don't see a big difference between guys in the 20s and the 40s. But there could be a guy that slips to 21 and then pull the trigger
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group